Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 266 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 04:32 AM   #3751
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap
I'm glad it worked out well for you.

BTW, the only reason I'm not giving you shit for having your walls painted that color is that you live in FL.

talk to me. I now live in a pink house . She bought it prior to me even seeing it(the house) . I am pretty much furniture here. The nice thing is the house sits on a double lot .
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:41 AM   #3752
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy
talk to me. I now live in a pink house . She bought it prior to me even seeing it(the house) . I am pretty much furniture here. The nice thing is the house sits on a double lot .
I was gonna point out that he prolly lives with a female... They like that kind of shit. I've had discussions with the GF about paint. I like white/off-white, she's thinking something else. Guess who's gonna lose THAT argument!

Nice bike. I lusted after a Bottecchia for a bit back when they were lugged SLX. Ditto with a Basso or two. Ditto for some Pinarellos. Ditto with some Colnagos. See a trend here?

M
Old 04-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #3753
wufdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
New 2005 cyclocross bike for sale.

Hello all, dont know if this is the best place to put this but here goes.
In fall 2006 I was in my local dealership that went belly up, McBride motorcycle shop in toronto and they also carried bicycles, Picked through the junk when I saw this beautifull cross bike just screaming at me to buy it.

I own an 06 specialized allez elite, the cross bike was a surprise gift for my sister.

One problem, she is about 8 inches shorter than me and I kinda forgot about that when I bought it for her so I would like to sell it and let her take the money and buy something that fits her. Great idea, bad idea situation.

The bike is an 05 Fuji Cross pro, 56cm, 105 group with a truvative crankset and a duraace rear deraileur. This bike has had maybe 2 hours on a stationary trainer because my sis didnt want to tell me it isnt comfy for her to ride.

Asking 1200.00 obo and can have it shipped to ya wherever.

Not a scam bike is mint tire was changed for the trainer so the rubber is pristine too.

If any interest msg me.

Thanks
wufdog
wufdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 AM   #3754
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

So Stick Me and I went for a little toodle around the woods behind the apartment again last nite. I figgered 45-60 min. Took ~2hrs! Oh well. She's learnin and don't go so fast. That's OK, 'cause I remember when I was the one learnin and I didn't go so fast either. Beats the alternative, which is me going out alone!

So we're on this little singletrack trail thru the woods and there's the occaisional patch of baby-head rocks. Since I didn't pump up the tires on the Crosshairs, I felt each and every fucking one of those little fuckers! Good thing I was treading gingerly! Don't wanna whang a rim! Bad ju-ju to whang rims.

Today's activities include stripping the BB outta the S-Works to put in the Crosshairs, changing bars so-s I can send em to one of the inmates here, cleaning up the RT, removing sold bits, and generally putzing around. May go for a run later, but that's up in the air.

Its amazing... Went to Cozumel for a week. Spent all that time at or below sea level. Came back to Flag and I'm outta fucking breath again! HowTF does that happen so quickly? Its almost like I was never here! Nose is starting to bleed again. Sinuses are starting to hose up again. Can't breathe. Ugh. Wish I was back in the humidity at sea level if this is gonna keep up! PLEASE someone tell me CO ain't like this! I'm afeared it is...

Ping for Speaker: you got a workstand I can borrow for an afternoon?

M
Old 04-29-2007, 08:45 AM   #3755
/
Brevitous

Oddometer: 6,175
For Perry the hipster !

Link

/
/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #3756
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Parts is switched: the Arione's installed on a Ritchey Pro post, the narrower bars and shifters are x-fered over from the S-Works, and the brakes are adjusted a tad. MAN! working on bikes without a workstand blows! (where's that 'bad back' smilie when you need one?!)

Gotta rectumfy that ASAP!

First ride on the new saddle is pending for this PM.

I discovered that I'm out of black bar tape. Off to chucksbikes to get some generic shit!

M
Old 04-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #3757
Oznerol
The Happy Machine

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Spent all that time at or below sea level. Came back to Flag and I'm outta fucking breath again! HowTF does that happen so quickly? Its almost like I was never here! Nose is starting to bleed again. Sinuses are starting to hose up again. Can't breathe. Ugh. Wish I was back in the humidity at sea level if this is gonna keep up!
Tell me about it. When we were in AZ this time last year, we loved it, but after a few days, the dryness was really getting to us. I was happy to be back in the New England humidity.

Frustrating weather here, this weekend. We made plans for yesterday that didn't involve much outdoor time, because the forecast called for rain. Got up in the morning, set out to do our shopping, and it was gorgeous.

When we got back from the errands, I figured I'd go for a quick 2 hour jaunt on my new handbuilt wheels, but by that time it was starting to sprinkle, and there were some uglier clouds blowing our way...

I've been riding my fixie a lot more since switching it to bullhorns and I'm in love with the thing all over again. Since I know I'll never be riding it more than 20-30 miles at a stretch or more than 10 miles from home, I don't have to make the same concessions to comfort or durability that I do with the geared bike. So I've got it set up with a more aggressive seating position, and the thing just begs to be ridden fast.
Oznerol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #3758
Askel
Perma-n00b

Oddometer: 10,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Bad ju-ju to whang rims.

With the horrors I visit upon my rims, it's a wonder they don't run away and join the circus.

Askel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #3759
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askel

With the horrors I visit upon my rims, it's a wonder they don't run away and join the circus.

I've seen yer ugly mug. What makes you think they haven't?!

Wheels aren't too terribly complicated things, but it does take some skill to get em right. HIGHLY recommend learning to at least true yer own so yer not fubar. Even better, get an extra pair (or two) of wheels to have around. I'm down to one bicycle, with an additional two wheelsets coming along for it. (that reminds me! I need to put the 50t ring on the Crosshairs! forgot to do it when I was swappin stuff around. )

Anyone here have a 100ct container of cable ends? I just ran out. Have I mentioned how much I miss working in a shop?!

M
Old 04-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #3760
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
I spent my weekend doing my paydirt hours for the spring series....of course I waited until the last possible weekend to get my 10 hours in so I did 5 hrs saturday and 5 on sunday.

The best part? I worked with a few of my training buddies who ride for PACC/Plano cycling....they offered to vouch for me and hand my race resume to "the man" and get me on the team. This would mean reimbursement for race fees and mileage to races...also points-based pay (monthly), podium bonuses, team kit (of course), accelerade and hammer gel sponsorships, team mechanic, and parts discounts. This would be a HUGE break for me....I'll meet with these guys this weekend at the tmbra race and hope to have something worked out by the end of may (I'm commited to my current sponsor until then)

.....this is based on the expectation that me and my buddy will dominate the fall dorba and tmbra series after the current hotshot cats up...I can't wait!!
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #3761
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by yater
I spent my weekend doing my paydirt hours for the spring series....of course I waited until the last possible weekend to get my 10 hours in so I did 5 hrs saturday and 5 on sunday.

The best part? I worked with a few of my training buddies who ride for PACC/Plano cycling....they offered to vouch for me and hand my race resume to "the man" and get me on the team. This would mean reimbursement for race fees and mileage to races...also points-based pay (monthly), podium bonuses, team kit (of course), accelerade and hammer gel sponsorships, team mechanic, and parts discounts. This would be a HUGE break for me....I'll meet with these guys this weekend at the tmbra race and hope to have something worked out by the end of may (I'm commited to my current sponsor until then)

.....this is based on the expectation that me and my buddy will dominate the fall dorba and tmbra series after the current hotshot cats up...I can't wait!!
Sweet!

Congrats

M
Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 AM   #3762
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by /
For Perry the hipster !

Link

/
yup, that's me Bro, don't mess with Fixie Nation

I took it out to Northshore LI over the wknd to hit the hills, swapped to a 19 tooth cog and rode with a seasoned roadie, kept up at all times, lost him in the uphills, but he always caught me in the downs.

I'm really getting the hang of fixed riding. It's so smooth, quiet, simplistic, and I love the direct punch the drivetrain has on every spin. It let's me focus on the pedaling/ride and not on derailleurs and switching gears.

We passed a few groups of roadie clubs out there and chugged right on by, maybe it's evil but I love the look they give me when they do a double take on an uphill and see no gears on my wheel.

It's at that point they give up the chase
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:50 AM   #3763
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
yup, that's me Bro, don't mess with Fixie Nation

I took it out to Northshore LI over the wknd to hit the hills, swapped to a 19 tooth cog and rode with a seasoned roadie, kept up at all times, lost him in the uphills, but he always caught me in the downs.

I'm really getting the hang of fixed riding. It's so smooth, quiet, simplistic, and I love the direct punch the drivetrain has on every spin. It let's me focus on the pedaling/ride and not on derailleurs and switching gears.

We passed a few groups of roadie clubs out there and chugged right on by, maybe it's evil but I love the look they give me when they do a double take on an uphill and see no gears on my wheel.

It's at that point they give up the chase
Prolly told y'all I used to commute from one side of the DC area (Alexandria) to the other (Fairfax Circle) on a fixie. Its amazing what you can climb if you don't have a choice!

M
Old 04-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #3764
Kbetts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,259
We did the Silver Comet from Alabama to Atlanta this weekend with my wife and another couple. FUN! The last two mile section will be completed next month and then it's 60 miles of bike path. I could of done it in an afternoon on my OCR1 but we took the Cypress which was fine up to about 13mph. Wind was prevailing from the west at about 5mph average but low humidity made for perfect weather.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
Hey, this is ADVrider, where facts are not real important.
Kbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #3765
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,784
Im up to about 45 miles a week on my new Blur, thanks to a really good chiropracter, i thought i was done on bicycles since i landed on my back in 99. This guy has turned it around for me, did a rocky lava cap climb on sunday and felt better when i was done then when i started. i plan on getting back on the MASI within a week or so, its been hanging on the wall since i smacked my back. pretty amazing! however the brakes on the Blur are still shitty, alternately sqeaking, sqawking, vibrating, weak in general. Ive adjusted the pads, sanded the pads, its going to the shop to see what they can do for it. The mechanic there says the Avid Juicy 5 brakes are maybe not the hot settup? 2500 dollar bike with shit brakes? any body have any ideas or theories on this? I've ridden a giant trance with hayes hydraulics and they are much quieter and stronger with smaller disc size. in hoping these Avids can be dialed in. They should do a nose wheelie with two finger pressure is what im thinking. Thanks for any input on this.
Foot dragger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: