Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 267 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #4036
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by knary
Today is our 11th anniversary. This isn't the silver or paper or gold anniversary. It's the pedal anniversary. We bought each other a new pair of pedals.
Congrats Scott
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:09 PM   #4037
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
Congrats Scott
The couple that bikes together, stays together.

Speaking of which... Stick Me and I just got back from a toodle around Wing mtn. Found a MC trail thru the woods, so we rode that insteada the road. For a novice, Stick Me's gettin better. She's decided she likes mtn biking, so I may hafta buy myself another frame since she appropriated mine. I do believe I have enough parts laying around to make most of a bike, so it shouldn't be too painful.

M
Old 05-13-2007, 03:23 AM   #4038
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,161
Woke up at 4am with an achy back...guess I forgot to stretch before misbehaving on the new bike.

SWMBO and I are going to take a ride today, we're just trying to decide between a long road ride/a city ride to hit the whole foods store across town/or a motorcycle ride...I wonder when the urge to ride the motorcycle slid to the bottom of the list?
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #4039
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
Woke up at 4am with an achy back...guess I forgot to stretch before misbehaving on the new bike.

SWMBO and I are going to take a ride today, we're just trying to decide between a long road ride/a city ride to hit the whole foods store across town/or a motorcycle ride...I wonder when the urge to ride the motorcycle slid to the bottom of the list?
I know well of your struggles Queen. I have quite a few passions beyond motorcycling and at any given time they can push motorcycling to the bottom of the heap. All of them can strain my back too.
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:13 AM   #4040
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap
I know well of your struggles Queen. I have quite a few passions beyond motorcycling and at any given time they can push motorcycling to the bottom of the heap. All of them can strain my back too.
It's weird, I've been passionate about motorcycles for 30+ years and in the last year or two it's just been waning. On a gorgeous Sunday morning like today my thoughts turn to riding my bicycle or taking the kayaks out or going for a hike. Maybe it's that I've ridden every road within 200 miles of here a thousand times...then again maybe it's just shifting interests and priorities.
Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:21 AM   #4041
Plan B
"Never Cry Shitwolf"

Oddometer: 1,018
[QUOTE=Queen On a gorgeous Sunday morning like today my thoughts turn to riding my bicycle. [/QUOTE]

motorcycles =adrenalin
bicycles = adrenanlin +endorphins

I'm hooked on the endorphins...
Old 05-13-2007, 05:22 AM   #4042
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Quote:
It's weird, I've been passionate about motorcycles for 30+ years and in the last year or two it's just been waning. On a gorgeous Sunday morning like today my thoughts turn to riding my bicycle or taking the kayaks out or going for a hike. Maybe it's that I've ridden every road within 200 miles of here a thousand times...then again maybe it's just shifting interests and priorities.
I'm a kayak nut too.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:29 AM   #4043
Oznerol
The Happy Machine

Oddometer: 971
Quote:
I haven't had a motorcycle since an unfortunate incident last October (I was unhurt, the insurance company bought the bike). I figured that when spring came I'd buy another one. But it just isn't happening -- between bicycling and rock climbing, my weekends are already booked pretty solid. And it's just gotten hard to get excited about battling traffic to get to mediocre motorcycling roads, around here.

Near the end of yesterday's 50-miler, I passed a local BMW moto dealership. They had a new F800ST parked out front. I stopped and gave it a close look. It's a really nice looking bike, one that I've been seriously interested in ever since I first heard about it. It's also far more money than I'm willing to spend on a toy that won't get ridden more than a couple hundred miles a month (and only for 8 months out of the year).
Oznerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #4044
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

I know what y'all mean about the priorities thing, but I'm using my RT as a daily driver. For a while there I didn't even own anything with 4 wheels! The 'new' truck' we just bought sits 6 days outta 7 at the moment. If I need to get big stuff, its crappy out, or I'm just feelin lazy I'll drive it.

The MC is great, BUT it don't do anything for the roll 'round my middle.

M
Old 05-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #4045
terry.mc
Stop ruining my vacation

Oddometer: 5,556
Adventure Race Rpt...

This was the Adventure Extreme series race in Buena Vista, CO.

Start 5 miles run (1st 1.5 miles straight uphill ) Took us about 1 hour 6 minutes or so. Jump into the wetsuit and head down the river in a 2 man kayak. Water is about 39 or so and the wetsuit is trying to choke me out. finish up kayak, eat some lunch and head out on the bike. 2 miles flat, 10 miles uphill in the sand Walk/ride through that and get a quicky downhill section about 3.5 miles. Climb another 8, this time on hardpack at least. singletrack about 5 miles back to finish. One of our guys developed a touchy stomach early in the race that wouldn't go away and that just left him suffering for about 4 hours, unable to take in more food and unable to put any real effort into anything for fear of making him sick again.

Total time 7 hours 12 minutes. Race organizers were taken aback on how long teams were taking to finish (Mostly because of the walking in the sand) they had to push the medals cerimony back about an hour.

The race was fun, we had to find all of the checkpoints by using UTM map coordinates.

The 12 hour race must have been a nightmare, I could easily see teams taking 14 ~ 16 hours to finish that loop.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #4046
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.mc
Adventure Race Rpt...

This was the Adventure Extreme series race in Buena Vista, CO.

Start 5 miles run (1st 1.5 miles straight uphill ) Took us about 1 hour 6 minutes or so. Jump into the wetsuit and head down the river in a 2 man kayak. Water is about 39 or so and the wetsuit is trying to choke me out. finish up kayak, eat some lunch and head out on the bike. 2 miles flat, 10 miles uphill in the sand Walk/ride through that and get a quicky downhill section about 3.5 miles. Climb another 8, this time on hardpack at least. singletrack about 5 miles back to finish. One of our guys developed a touchy stomach early in the race that wouldn't go away and that just left him suffering for about 4 hours, unable to take in more food and unable to put any real effort into anything for fear of making him sick again.

Total time 7 hours 12 minutes. Race organizers were taken aback on how long teams were taking to finish (Mostly because of the walking in the sand) they had to push the medals cerimony back about an hour.

The race was fun, we had to find all of the checkpoints by using UTM map coordinates.

The 12 hour race must have been a nightmare, I could easily see teams taking 14 ~ 16 hours to finish that loop.
Sounds like a gruel fest.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #4047
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,430
Talking Gearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
I RACE on a 49x15 combo!

NOT for the road unless its flat!

M
Track?

And I am not racing! ... I am just a dude with hairy legs on a bicycle!

And why do you hate suffering?
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #4048
terry.mc
Stop ruining my vacation

Oddometer: 5,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap
Sounds like a gruel fest.
There was alot of "This is *FUN* right guys?" being thrown around
Old 05-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #4049
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan B
Looks like you are golden........should be an easy swap.
re: my shimano hydraulic brake levers...

um, if I was to swap the levers, the hydraulic reservoir would be on the bottom and they'd be upside down. I doubt thats a good thing.

looks to me like the only way to swap them is to drain them, disconnect the brake lines and exchange them. And I have no idea how the brake lines connect to the master cylinders.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #4050
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce
re: my shimano hydraulic brake levers...

um, if I was to swap the levers, the hydraulic reservoir would be on the bottom and they'd be upside down. I doubt thats a good thing.

looks to me like the only way to swap them is to drain them, disconnect the brake lines and exchange them. And I have no idea how the brake lines connect to the master cylinders.
I think yer better off disconnecting em from the brakes, but don't quote me 'cause I haven't really worked on too many hydraulic brakes.

M

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: