ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 321 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #8296
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 67,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS
Very cool pic, looks like a good time. I had that same Gary Fisher till my brother borrowed it...long story.

UP N MTNS
The GF Tassajara. I like it quite a bit, actually. It's not super fancy, the gear sets aren't high end and it doesn't have nifty discs, but it'll still give me a great workout, show me some cool stuff out in the hills on the trails and cruise down the road nicely.

I need to go fix the front derailleur this morning so I can ride it this afternoon for a couple hours.

China Camp beckons.
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #8297
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 22,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
What I did today.

Angel Island, San Francisco Bay.

It was fun and I pretty much had the island to myself. I didn't see another person the whole time I was on the fire road.

Fantastic Pic.

If there was a motorbike in that pic, that would be first page material.

Reminds me of my (too short) visit to SF - similar weather. Boy, what a great time.
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #8298
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 67,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
Fantastic Pic.

If there was a motorbike in that pic, that would be first page material.

Reminds me of my (too short) visit to SF - similar weather. Boy, what a great time.
Thank you, sir.

It's been a bit chilly lately, with highs only in the mid 60s here in Marin. Monday was nice, though, with temps in the mid 70s. It was even warm on the island.

I'm going to put up a ride report for this, I think.
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 AM   #8299
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...
 
Mercury264's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Masshole
Oddometer: 22,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
Thank you, sir.

It's been a bit chilly lately, with highs only in the mid 60s here in Marin. Monday was nice, though, with temps in the mid 70s. It was even warm on the island.

I'm going to put up a ride report for this, I think.
Sounds good.

Raining here

Big dirt bike event this weekend (NH Classic - I am sure you have heard of it/remember it) and it's going to be tropical
__________________
'12 Tiger 800XC
'07 TE510
'02 Sprint ST
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #8300
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"
 
Jabba's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
Oddometer: 12,550
Cute bell~ You got a hair ribbon to match? (livin in sf too long, dave?)
__________________
"Everybody loves cunnilingus!" Chacifer

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #8301
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,100
Two of these guys (Rob and Sean) are employees of mine.

You toob link

Jr development is THE way to get the Euros back. Americans invented mtn biking after all!!

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #8302
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 67,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Cute bell~ You got a hair ribbon to match? (livin in sf too long, dave?)
There have been a bunch of times when I've been cruising down a trail and completely surprised someone and/or their dog. I always feel bad, especially for the dogs.

Mostly, I have a bell because if you give people a little notice they'll get out of the way. I like a bell a little more than yelling "on your left".
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #8303
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 10,065
yeah, my cruiser has the little bell that each time you flip the button, goes DING! once. light flip, and its a little soft ding. hard flip, and its a great big DING!!!... when riding through a crowd of people, I'll just keep going ding! ding! ding! ding! so I don't surprise anyones, as my cruiser is /really/ quiet, the 30+ year old Sugino freewheel doesn't hardly make any clicking even when coasting, the brakes are usually silent too.
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #8304
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist
 
CA_Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Temples of Syrinx (So. CA)
Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce
yeah, my cruiser has the little bell that each time you flip the button, goes DING! once. light flip, and its a little soft ding. hard flip, and its a great big DING!!!... when riding through a crowd of people, I'll just keep going ding! ding! ding! ding! so I don't surprise anyones, as my cruiser is /really/ quiet, the 30+ year old Sugino freewheel doesn't hardly make any clicking even when coasting, the brakes are usually silent too.
The Chris King hubs on my road bike do a good job of clearing a path on a busy bike lane. Just coast a bit, and the people around you think an angry swarm of Africanized Killer Bees are descending upon them... I love the King hubs, but I could do without the racket they make....
__________________
"It was exciting, and funny later, but nerve-racking at the time -- adventures suck when you're having them" - Neil Peart, Roadshow.
CA_Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #8305
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"
 
Jabba's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Just east of the Pine Beatle- Evergreen, CO
Oddometer: 12,550
....and the only color they had in stock was lavender??? (or is that lilac?)
__________________
"Everybody loves cunnilingus!" Chacifer

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #8306
CA_Strom
Cunning Linguist
 
CA_Strom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: The Temples of Syrinx (So. CA)
Oddometer: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
....and the only color they had in stock was lavender??? (or is that lilac?)
No, the lavender stuff is on my old Mtn. Bike! The road bike hubs are basic black!!
__________________
"It was exciting, and funny later, but nerve-racking at the time -- adventures suck when you're having them" - Neil Peart, Roadshow.
CA_Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #8307
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 67,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
....and the only color they had in stock was lavender??? (or is that lilac?)
Maybe you should go check in on the "What is a Real Man" thread.
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #8308
skwidd
where does this lead?
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pissing in your Kampfire
Oddometer: 17,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
There have been a bunch of times when I've been cruising down a trail and completely surprised someone and/or their dog. I always feel bad, especially for the dogs.

Mostly, I have a bell because if you give people a little notice they'll get out of the way. I like a bell a little more than yelling "on your left".
When we come upon horse folks that are moving, we'll usually just stop until they pass.
When we come up behind horse folks that are stopped, they seem to appreciate a little ding much more than shouting or no warning at all.
__________________
http://www.jimmyalbertson.com

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #8309
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 67,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwidd
When we come upon horse folks that are moving, we'll usually just stop until they pass.
When we come up behind horse folks that are stopped, they seem to appreciate a little ding much more than shouting or no warning at all.


Bicycle or motorcycle, I give horses plenty of room and consideration.
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #8310
markamazing
That didn't hurt!
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Oddometer: 1,019
when approaching or over taking horses..

you should speak calmly to the rider. this lets the horse know what you are...
markamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014