ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 498 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #9001
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814


so much for THAT ride report!

Fucking work computers!

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #9002
scorpion
Two arm bandit
 
scorpion's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Planet Reno
Oddometer: 5,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa
Prolly a bad run as Gummee said. Happens, I've had my share of bad no-name tubes too.
Figured it out. Inflated the tire to 30 psi and saw the slight bulge.
Bad bead on the tire, I musta damaged it getting it off

It is a Conti sport contact, LBS said I should move to the vastly superior Japanese tires.
__________________

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #9003
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814
Looks good there Sean!

Now, about them DT shifters... It really helps yer shoulder when you upgrade to STI. Yeah, that's it! Upgrade to help yer shoulder!



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #9004
kv
[none]
 
kv's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Canton, GA
Oddometer: 5,050
I think the brown hoods are making the whole bike!

I dig the epoxied garage floor as well so I'm pretty easy to please.

__________________


Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #9005
Sucks2drive
Banned
 
Sucks2drive's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Oddometer: 3,479
I have a bicycle related problem I would like help with..... I was just reading about the guy that tore his perineum ( Ouch!) but I have a different Problem.
Please, dont too much, K? I havent ridden for like 15 years and am now 45, I bought a 22" Frame MTB, and it seems OK, size wise, I get a little stiffness lower back, but I put that down to being unfit... the real problem, apart from a very sore ass ( and i bought a gel seat to help) is the fact that as I ride, I constantly squish my testicles, to the point I feel physically sick.... anyone else had this problem?
Yessirs, I am overweight, 6'2" 348lbs but I am trying to do something about that.... hence the bike.
Sucks2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #9006
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gray Wolf
I have a bicycle related problem I would like help with..... I was just reading about the guy that tore his perineum ( Ouch!) but I have a different Problem.
Please, dont too much, K? I havent ridden for like 15 years and am now 45, I bought a 22" Frame MTB, and it seems OK, size wise, I get a little stiffness lower back, but I put that down to being unfit... the real problem, apart from a very sore ass ( and i bought a gel seat to help) is the fact that as I ride, I constantly squish my testicles, to the point I feel physically sick.... anyone else had this problem?
Yessirs, I am overweight, 6'2" 348lbs but I am trying to do something about that.... hence the bike.
Raise (and shorten) the stem/bars. I'm betting yer gut's mushing things into the nose of the saddle.

Upright is good till you get some of the extra tonnage off. (but it makes yer sitbones more unhappy... Which is worse?!)

HTH

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 PM   #9007
Sucks2drive
Banned
 
Sucks2drive's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Raise (and shorten) the stem/bars. I'm betting yer gut's mushing things into the nose of the saddle.

Upright is good till you get some of the extra tonnage off. (but it makes yer sitbones more unhappy... Which is worse?!)

HTH

M
Gummee. Thanx for the Info. I will try a higher stem, will go to cycle world up the street tomorrow and get one....... sounds right...... Im not to bothered about my sit-bones hurtin, they will harden off and get used to it... but i if m honest Dude, I could NEVER get used to feeling like I have been kicked in the balls after every ride!
Sucks2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:18 PM   #9008
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gray Wolf
Gummee. Thanx for the Info. I will try a higher stem, will go to cycle world up the street tomorrow and get one....... sounds right...... Im not to bothered about my sit-bones hurtin, they will harden off and get used to it... but i if m honest Dude, I could NEVER get used to feeling like I have been kicked in the balls after every ride!
That's not normal.

You gotten em checked? No, seriously! You checked em?

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #9009
/
Brevitous
 
/'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Last exit in NJ
Oddometer: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gray Wolf
Gummee. Thanx for the Info. I will try a higher stem, will go to cycle world up the street tomorrow and get one....... sounds right...... Im not to bothered about my sit-bones hurtin, they will harden off and get used to it... but i if m honest Dude, I could NEVER get used to feeling like I have been kicked in the balls after every ride!
Check your saddle too. Make sure that the nose isn't pointed upwards.

/
/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #9010
Sucks2drive
Banned
 
Sucks2drive's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
That's not normal.

You gotten em checked? No, seriously! You checked em?

M
Yeah, the wife checks em out on a regular basis...we are only 6 months Married, shes 28 and Im 45, so yeah, she checks em a lot....
Sucks2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #9011
Sucks2drive
Banned
 
Sucks2drive's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by /
Check your saddle too. Make sure that the nose isn't pointed upwards.

/


is that too "Upwards?" also ya think I will be able to raise them bars a couple inches?
the wife wants me to point out this is the Shed, not our kitchen floor.........lol
Sucks2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #9012
/
Brevitous
 
/'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Last exit in NJ
Oddometer: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gray Wolf


is that too "Upwards?" also ya think I will be able to raise them bars a couple inches?
the wife wants me to point out this is the Shed, not our kitchen floor.........lol
Umm, you definitely need to raise the bars and shorten the stem.

The saddle looks fine, though I prefer less plush saddles.

/
/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:50 PM   #9013
/
Brevitous
 
/'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Last exit in NJ
Oddometer: 6,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin
Pumped the tires up to 125psi?!?!
125 psi

I weigh 208 and I can't do more than 105 (700c x 23)

/
/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #9014
Sucks2drive
Banned
 
Sucks2drive's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by /
Umm, you definitely need to raise the bars and shorten the stem.

The saddle looks fine, though I prefer less plush saddles.

/
OK, I will get the guys at the local Cycle shop to sell me a new farkle for my Old School MTB......
The wife will be pleased, Ive only ridden it a half dozen times, and every time I do she says I "Discover" a nrw 'Thing' it needs, or I want....

Must just be us Blokes and Bikes eh?
Sucks2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #9015
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814
S'not what I meant and you know it. Now stop showin off!



UNLESS... You post pics. Oh, and fetch me a beer while yer at it m'kay. I'm in need of one!

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015