boooooring

pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:44 AM   #9529
Oznerol
The Happy Machine

Oddometer: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
-damn anyone else being held up by weather, haven't ridden since around Christmas! weather here has been all ice for weeks now.
I've been going out 1-2 times a week. Rode last monday, will probably ride tomorrow. I'd like to get out more -- I could probably average 3 rides a week if I were more disciplined about it.

I've got a pretty good bike and clothing setup for the weather now, but it's still hard to find the motivation to go out in the cold. The time needed to put on all the gear and to do the extra bike maintenance needed for winter riding is a pain.
Oznerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #9530
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol
I've been going out 1-2 times a week. Rode last monday, will probably ride tomorrow. I'd like to get out more -- I could probably average 3 rides a week if I were more disciplined about it.

I've got a pretty good bike and clothing setup for the weather now, but it's still hard to find the motivation to go out in the cold. The time needed to put on all the gear and to do the extra bike maintenance needed for winter riding is a pain.

Yeah, I've got all the winter gear and all (probably overkill) and used it alot last winter, but not so much this one.

I just have to get back to once a week (35 miler) and then kick in another 2 more by spring.
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #9531
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,427
'99 Fat chance titanium

I try to get out every Saturday, but not this morning. Too cold for me. Here is a pic of my bike with the Nokian studded tires. Riding on ice is a blast!
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #9532
DoctorIt
vrooom!

Oddometer: 5,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol

Good onya. It's been so cold I've had to put on tights and a light jacket to ride the trainer in my basement!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #9533
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 5,960

Some piccies of my Lightspeed recumbent I had back in '89, the recent photo is from fellow I sold it to back then, He still rides it, nearly every day.

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #9534
notmike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
[quote=rbrsddn]I try to get out every Saturday, but not this morning. Too cold for me. Here is a pic of my bike with the Nokian studded tires. Riding on ice is a blast!

Me likey!!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #9535
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,083
Decided it was time to upgrade my mountain bike after 15 years of service and found a good deal on a used Cannondale Rush 5z. Took it for it's first ride today and did about 90 minutes of snow riding. Hard to get a first impression in the slow snow, but once I dial in the suspension I think I will like it.
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #9536
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldergeek
I've just had the most extreme and intense times on two wheels that I can remember.

I recently returned to Boulder, and some racers built up an indoor 142-meter velodrome, which openend two weekends ago.

I've been doing one-hour race clinics on the track, riding pacelines and sprinting on a 45-degree 'drome. It's friggin' hairball! I'm scared to my core trying to hold a line at full tilt in the corners. And loving every second of it.

Going back tonight for my second hit this week. Nothing has had this kind of impact on me. Since it is 55F out and sunny right now, I'm going to take my Serotta out to loosen up a bit before the track. It's like legal crack, I swear.
...and y'all pooh-poohed me when I was in Sandy Eggo!

NOW look atcha!

SEE?!

I TOLD you so!

The only thing I've ever done that's harder than track racing is cyclocross. More fun in a masochistic way too.

Now, when y'all are comfortable on the track, find someone to teach y'all the Madison. THAT'S where the REAL fun is!! There's not much better than comin up to someone full-tilt boogie and slingin em in. ...and not much worse than screwing up an exchange either! DAMHIK

M
Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #9537
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop
This is my '01 Kona Hahanna. The only difference now is it has street tires on it. I also have some rigid forks but I haven't installed them yet. I don't have any trails close so I ride mostly street with it. My back is too bad to ride a full road bike so the more upright of this bike works well.

You should check out the new upright road bikes. If yer riding em on the road, the bigger wheels and higher pressure tires will help ya. Fisher's line is good stuff. Fuji's line is good. Even Specialized is in the game...

HTH

M
Old 01-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #9538
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
5'9" here and shrinking...

-damn anyone else being held up by weather, haven't ridden since around Christmas! weather here has been all ice for weeks now.

I gotta set up my rollers (or sell em )
I just inherited a Cateye Psychostimulator (aka Cyclosimulator) from a buddy in ABQ.

I hadta sell mine when we started traveling. That thing (if you ride it!!) will abso-fucking-lootely kick yer ass. I really like that trainer. Not the quietest thing tho... Fan + brake to get the resistance. Had a power meter before power meters were popular. Good stuff.

M
Old 01-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #9539
flip18436572
Broke ex-YMCA employee

Oddometer: 3,047
Question

Help me with electrolytes, link to my question on FQ

http://www.friedquads.com/showthread...0630#post10630
Old 01-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #9540
EphTwoEight
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
My first attempt at a Swing Bike!

I also made a BMX version with a 12" front tire. I now have two old Schwinn Stingrays, and wanna make a replica of the original.

"The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
-- Cicero - 55 BC
EphTwoEight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: