Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 134 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #9751
Oznerol
The Happy Machine

Oddometer: 962
Oh, man, that's awesome, Perry.

Haven't been riding in a couple of weeks. I seem to have used up all of my patience with the cold for this winter. And getting on the trainer feels like giving up.

Actually, I kinda think rollers would help. If nothing else, the setup/breakdown seems like it'd be easier than with a trainer. But my girlfriend uses the trainer, too and I can't see getting her to switch to rollers any time soon.
Oznerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #9752
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Oddometer: 1,059
Jeeze that front roller is really straight and smooth (yea right) Good job Tater.
Unknown Marine Recon Instructor
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #9753
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol

Haven't been riding in a couple of weeks. I seem to have used up all of my patience with the cold for this winter. And getting on the trainer feels like giving up.

Actually, I kinda think rollers would help. If nothing else, the setup/breakdown seems like it'd be easier than with a trainer. But my girlfriend uses the trainer, too and I can't see getting her to switch to rollers any time soon.
Rollers can be skeery. Hafta ride a straight line allatime. They're also better for both you and the bike 'cause well, you HAVE to be smoove to ride em and yer bike's not strapped onto anything.

Helps to start in a doorway.

Oh, and the faster you go, the easier it is

Managed to ride Tues, ran Wed, rode again Thurs, rode again today, and am gonna hash tomorrow. I'm haring the Turkey trail, so not so much on the running tomorrow. Not quite 3mi for the turkeys.

Vacation stops Mon at 0930. Yeah, I actually *gasp!* start working again on Monday. Its only been THREE FARGING MONTHS. I DO NOT recommend unemployment. I'm amazed how much time you can kill and how much you can get done around work when you have to. So if you live in AZ and need windows, doors, etc. call me! end

M
Old 02-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #9754
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc
Too funny.

Not sure "why?" Is it to simulate rough terrain?

It's an old purple pugs like mine. His seat seems a bit low.

Silly fun.

Mark H.
I thought you'd dig that..
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #9755
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol

-me neither, not since week before christmas, it's been snowing or frigid every day here, first break is this wknd but roads are still framed in snow/salt, bergs. It's killing me, and it's dark by the time I get home at night, just not worth it.

I got drunk last night (home alone) and got so sick of online shopping and research for rollers that I plunked my freakin visa card on a set of Insideride E-Motion rollers...I figure if they don't get used I can sell them like I did my Kreitler's.

I was going to go for the larger Kreitler 4.5 drums, with a wind set up, but that's close to $500, and to be honest, the worst part of roller duty for me was that i couldn't get out of the saddle to give my ass a break. So I figure for another 300, I'll have the state of the art, ride w no hands, etc without feeling like I'm gonna run over one of my dogs or it my TV.

I should get them in 2 weeks, will report.
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:57 AM   #9756
thisflatearth
Pro-Commuter

Oddometer: 935
Well that does it. I have been watching this thread long enough and that big purple monster has peaked my interest. I have to get a new seat for my mountain bike (cheapy) because it got ate by squirrels making a nest in my shed. Damn tree rats. I haven't been able to get out and do the cardio I wanted, maybe Ill take up spinning at the gym till it gets warm.

And now I have to build a fixed gear and some monster Purple Big Wheel. Plus I was lusting for one of these to

Anybody know how to grow a handlebar mustache and get one of these?
thisflatearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #9757
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,353
My neighbor a few houses down builds replica Penny Farthings. they are very cool. He'll build one for 4,000 bucks or so. They ride them, plus assorted antiques, in the 4th of July parade.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #9758
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
-me neither, not since week before christmas, it's been snowing or frigid every day here, first break is this wknd but roads are still framed in snow/salt, bergs. It's killing me, and it's dark by the time I get home at night, just not worth it.

I got drunk last night (home alone) and got so sick of online shopping and research for rollers that I plunked my freakin visa card on a set of Insideride E-Motion rollers...I figure if they don't get used I can sell them like I did my Kreitler's.

I was going to go for the larger Kreitler 4.5 drums, with a wind set up, but that's close to $500, and to be honest, the worst part of roller duty for me was that i couldn't get out of the saddle to give my ass a break. So I figure for another 300, I'll have the state of the art, ride w no hands, etc without feeling like I'm gonna run over one of my dogs or it my TV.

wow. those are cool.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #9759
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,977
Quote:
Dude today was a perfect day for mountain bike riding or you could have ridden your CX bike.
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #9760
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:

wow, that's pretty sweet!

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #9761
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

I have 1 picture to add for todays mountain bike stunts...

performed by Wayne Weber:

he's got mad skilz

YES.... that is the ROADWAY... NOT trail

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
Old 02-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #9762
the1andonlyzippo
I'm your huckleberry.

Oddometer: 6,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
I have 1 picture to add for todays mountain bike stunts...

performed by Wayne Weber:

he's got mad skilz

YES.... that is the ROADWAY... NOT trail

HOw on EARTH did he accomplish that!? Is that a wheelie in reverse?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He is yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown

"Sluttiness-a great foundation for any relationship!" -Number18
the1andonlyzippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #9763
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 9,996
so, any central left coastians jazzed about the Amgen Tour of California ?

next monday, which happens to be Prez Day, is stage 2, Sausalito to Santa Cruz, and includes a couple great motorcycle roads in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

I'm thinking of riding my moto-scoot up to Bonny Doon & Smith Grade, waiting for them to pass, taking photos and shit, then riding to the other end of Smith Grade, and catching them coming down Empire Grade, then following the parade at the tail down to downtown where the day's stage ends....

there's probably plenty of other ways to catch this, but thats my story.

pierce screwed with this post 02-07-2009 at 08:32 PM
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #9764
playzNmud
I love pedal derby

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1andonlyzippo
HOw on EARTH did he accomplish that!? Is that a wheelie in reverse?
kinda
this is the famous "hey y'all, watch this..." routine

I actually wanted to take a pic of him doing a stunt...and the camera lens didn't snap fast enough to catch him lifting the front wheel up to the guard rail, but snapped perfectly for the landing

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
Old 02-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #9765
the1andonlyzippo
I'm your huckleberry.

Oddometer: 6,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
kinda
this is the famous "hey y'all, watch this..." routine

I actually wanted to take a pic of him doing a stunt...and the camera lens didn't snap fast enough to catch him lifting the front wheel up to the guard rail, but snapped perfectly for the landing

Oh I love it when they do that.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He is yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." -Unknown

"Sluttiness-a great foundation for any relationship!" -Number18
the1andonlyzippo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: