ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 499 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #9811
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
yea, I pulled my quad this weekend so I am probably out of commish for a bit
HowTF did you manage that?!



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #9812
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
HowTF did you manage that?!



M
lingering hip flexer issue that decided to quit on a ride Sunday - I think I initially did it at the track - but even before that, probably one of my many crashes throwing my pelvis out of whack...
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #9813
DirtDOG
Same Dog, New Tricks
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: The Globe -- NC
Oddometer: 17,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
sounds very nice, but I know there's no market for such niceties within several thousand km's of me. Oh well
How about moose hide seats?
DirtDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #9814
flip18436572
Broke ex-YMCA employee
 
flip18436572's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Red Oak, IA
Oddometer: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
lingering hip flexer issue that decided to quit on a ride Sunday - I think I initially did it at the track - but even before that, probably one of my many crashes throwing my pelvis out of whack...
Damn, that sucks to hear. I thought maybe your next post was going to be "I have the new record for the track".

Heal quickly. I am dealing with a torn gastrocnemius and now the bruising looks ugly. I did a short half mile swim today and quit using my legs the first lap. Mostly arms.

I am going to try and spin on the rollers for a while to help loosen it up.
__________________
Do you like bicycles, running, triathlons, marathons, etc........ Go to http://www.friedquads.com and thank BALDY!!!!!
flip18436572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #9815
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb
 
bouldergeek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Palmer Station, Antarctica
Oddometer: 1,074
So sorry to hear that, Playz.

I missed my Monday class at the track yesterday. Somehow I thought the class was _at_ 2PM and not _until_ 2PM.

I'd like to know who you are, ripping down times like that. Makes my 210lb fat bastid 10.1 second laps seem positively elephantine.

I did spin a nice 25 miler on the Serotta today, amid the rolling and windy roads of Erie/L'mont. I'm too fat and old to ride fast. Not that I was ever fast when i was young and thin, either.
__________________
Partir loin et découvrir quel air l'humanité respire... voyager... aller toujours plus loin... - Les Nubiennes, "Voyager"
-----------------------------------------------------------

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #9816
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldergeek
So sorry to hear that, Playz.

I missed my Monday class at the track yesterday. Somehow I thought the class was _at_ 2PM and not _until_ 2PM.

I'd like to know who you are, ripping down times like that. Makes my 210lb fat bastid 10.1 second laps seem positively elephantine.

I did spin a nice 25 miler on the Serotta today, amid the rolling and windy roads of Erie/L'mont. I'm too fat and old to ride fast. Not that I was ever fast when i was young and thin, either.
well let me know when you are going ahead of time, and I will spin with ya.

I have never let an injury hold me down for long.

FLIP: sorry to hear about your gastroc.. a tear totally sucks! esp that. Are you on crutches?
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #9817
flip18436572
Broke ex-YMCA employee
 
flip18436572's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Red Oak, IA
Oddometer: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
FLIP: sorry to hear about your gastroc.. a tear totally sucks! esp that. Are you on crutches?
Never on crutches, just limping. I have brusing on my calf and down to my heel on the inside. The swelling is down.

I tried swimming yesterday, but I ended up only doing a half mile 90% arms though. I did 15 miles on my bike on rollers and probably never got up to 85 RPM and 15 mph. Just a nice easy spin taking a break every 5 miles to stretch.

I am hoping to run by the end of the month again.
__________________
Do you like bicycles, running, triathlons, marathons, etc........ Go to http://www.friedquads.com and thank BALDY!!!!!
flip18436572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #9818
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip18436572
Never on crutches, just limping. I have brusing on my calf and down to my heel on the inside. The swelling is down.

I tried swimming yesterday, but I ended up only doing a half mile 90% arms though. I did 15 miles on my bike on rollers and probably never got up to 85 RPM and 15 mph. Just a nice easy spin taking a break every 5 miles to stretch.

I am hoping to run by the end of the month again.
ohhhhh I know the level of frustration - I'm sorry. well, soon... very soon it will heal
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #9819
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
ohhhhh I know the level of frustration - I'm sorry. well, soon... very soon it will heal
Yeah, and DO NOT jump back in where you left off! VERY good way to keep stayin injured

DAMHIK

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:45 PM   #9820
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Yeah, and DO NOT jump back in where you left off! VERY good way to keep stayin injured

DAMHIK

M
indeed. I badly broke a leg once upon a long time ago... when I was recovering, I bought that cruiser bike I've snapshotted here numerous times, and started riding it, VERY EASY to get around, when I was still having to hobble around on crutches, after 4 months(!) in a full leg cast.... ortho doc approved of me doing that and strongly disapproved of me doing any serious hill climbing, hard riding, so my 10 speed sat neglected for the better part of a year while I built some muscle mass back up.
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:49 PM   #9821
flip18436572
Broke ex-YMCA employee
 
flip18436572's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Red Oak, IA
Oddometer: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Yeah, and DO NOT jump back in where you left off! VERY good way to keep stayin injured

DAMHIK

M
I know build it back slowly. My 40 to 60 mile rides on the rollers are done for a while. The first night I didn't even get a mile in. I did 15 last night at a very easy pace and my leg felt better this morning. I really want to get my running back, because I had let it go most of the winter and just was doing rollers on the bike. Now, I wish I would have been doing the running, as the bike is really the only thing right now.
__________________
Do you like bicycles, running, triathlons, marathons, etc........ Go to http://www.friedquads.com and thank BALDY!!!!!
flip18436572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #9822
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip18436572
I know build it back slowly. My 40 to 60 mile rides on the rollers are done for a while. The first night I didn't even get a mile in. I did 15 last night at a very easy pace and my leg felt better this morning. I really want to get my running back, because I had let it go most of the winter and just was doing rollers on the bike. Now, I wish I would have been doing the running, as the bike is really the only thing right now.
I've found over the years that running helps my riding more'n riding helps my running.

I'm headed out to go hashing tonite. Yesterday's run was about half walking and half running cause the sun came out and it got well over 90 quickly! The dog was draggin tail by the end of my (admittedly) short run.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #9823
bouldergeek
Filthy, poor KLR dweeb
 
bouldergeek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Palmer Station, Antarctica
Oddometer: 1,074
Just the thought of running makes my knees swell....

__________________
Partir loin et découvrir quel air l'humanité respire... voyager... aller toujours plus loin... - Les Nubiennes, "Voyager"
-----------------------------------------------------------

From the End of the Earth to the End of the Road: South Pole to the Darien
bouldergeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #9824
flip18436572
Broke ex-YMCA employee
 
flip18436572's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Red Oak, IA
Oddometer: 3,047
I think I used to hate running, but I have noticed that running has helped my swimming and my biking as far as endurance goes. I am just not a good runner in any way.
__________________
Do you like bicycles, running, triathlons, marathons, etc........ Go to http://www.friedquads.com and thank BALDY!!!!!
flip18436572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #9825
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
why run when you can ride?????
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015