Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 202 votes, 4.84 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 AM   #10366
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Oddometer: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javarilla
Mine was actually metal flake gold.

I remember getting jammed in the nuts by that freaking shifter nob.

I still refuse to use downtube shifters.
I had the non geared model, loved it as a kid. I had three a red metel flake,
purple m-f (stolen) right out of our garage. and a gold m-f.
Remember the fat slicks on the back, not a fast cornering tire. I still got scars from road rash .
Unknown Marine Recon Instructor
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:57 AM   #10367
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head
I was given a chrome "Stingray" bike without a chain. When I went to buy a chain, I found that it would cost me $2.00 or so. That amounted to a half day on the slotcar track, so I never bought the chain.
I traded that bike to a kid for a Sears 2-place go-cart that had worn out tires and didn't run. I fixed that, replaced the tires and my Dad built bronze bushings for the wheels. I ended up selling that to one of my Dad's friends for $50.00. That money went into helping pay for a family vacation fishing in Minnesota. Much better deal in the end.
ahh Slot cars that brings back fun times.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #10368
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,555
You guys payin attention to this:

AFLD decision expected in May

French Anti-Doping Agency AFLD is currently deciding whether or not to open a disciplinary procedure against Lance Armstrong. According to L'Equipe, it will take several weeks before the cycling world will know if the seven-time Tour de France winner will be sanctioned for delaying an anti-doping control some three weeks ago.
The decision to open or not to open disciplinary proceedings should be taken in "early May" according to the paper.
On March 17, Armstrong was visited by an anti-doping control officer in the South of France and asked to provide urine, blood and hair samples (read the full version of the incident by Armstrong). However, the American took a shower before providing the samples - taking some 20 minutes, during which the identity of the anti-doping officer was checked - and this infringes International anti-doping rules, according to which the athlete has to remain in sight of the doping control officer between notification of the test and the collection of the samples.
The incident could put Armstrong's Tour de France participation in jeopardy, if the AFLD decides to pursue the case.

Hmmmm hearing in MAY...

Guess when the sanctions would happen....

Yup. TdF time! ANYthing to keep LA out of their race.

I smell something funny and its not 'cause I haven't showered yet today!

M
Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #10369
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Pat McQuaid weighs in

M
Old 04-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #10370
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
You guys payin attention to this:

AFLD decision expected in May

French Anti-Doping Agency AFLD is currently deciding whether or not to open a disciplinary procedure against Lance Armstrong. According to L'Equipe, it will take several weeks before the cycling world will know if the seven-time Tour de France winner will be sanctioned for delaying an anti-doping control some three weeks ago.
The decision to open or not to open disciplinary proceedings should be taken in "early May" according to the paper.
On March 17, Armstrong was visited by an anti-doping control officer in the South of France and asked to provide urine, blood and hair samples (read the full version of the incident by Armstrong). However, the American took a shower before providing the samples - taking some 20 minutes, during which the identity of the anti-doping officer was checked - and this infringes International anti-doping rules, according to which the athlete has to remain in sight of the doping control officer between notification of the test and the collection of the samples.
The incident could put Armstrong's Tour de France participation in jeopardy, if the AFLD decides to pursue the case.

Hmmmm hearing in MAY...

Guess when the sanctions would happen....

Yup. TdF time! ANYthing to keep LA out of their race.

I smell something funny and its not 'cause I haven't showered yet today!

M
I read about that. Boy, what a crock - some guy turns up and asks LA for his blood Do they honestly think he would just do that without first verifying the identity of the guy ? On the other hand, he really should have held off on the shower - he should know he has to be ultra careful with the frogs. Not sure that was a smart decision.....
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #10371
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
Verifying the guy's identity was absolutely the right thing to do. Taking a shower? Not so much.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Old 04-10-2009, 06:48 PM   #10372
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
Verifying the guy's identity was absolutely the right thing to do. Taking a shower? Not so much.
Therein lies the root of the problem... He's technically in violation. They DO have the ability/right to proceed with disciplinary actions.

SHOULD they? is the question?! It IS LA after all... The big question is would they go after a French dood with the same zeal? Prolly not. The Frogs have a bug up their butts when it comes to a certain Texican.

M
Old 04-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #10373
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

YEA, They've never liked him. His coming back has really pissed off the ASO. In theory they could exclude Astona again this year. He said he wanted to come back to race the Giro. (wink,wink ,prep for the Tour.)

I don't think even with the fixed collerbone he's going to be much of a fator, I could be wrong,in 96, I said he'd never win the Tour,but that was before cancer.So we'll see.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #10374
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
Therein lies the root of the problem... He's technically in violation. They DO have the ability/right to proceed with disciplinary actions.

SHOULD they? is the question?! It IS LA after all... The big question is would they go after a French dood with the same zeal? Prolly not. The Frogs have a bug up their butts when it comes to a certain Texican.

M
Totally agree but Lance knows that. Why give the Frogs the ammunition they craved ? If I were Lance I would have stuck with that guy until he passed out from the stench

It's total bullshit but he need to be a bit smarter. In fact I thought he was smarter than that. I really did.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Old 04-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #10375
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce
and it just arrived! a 22mm G-Star fluted post for $15 or so from fleabay!.
so, I go to put this on... WTF? the bike has a 13/16ths post, not a 7/8ths, oh crap. steam, grrrr, piss, moan. -noone- has 13/16ths posts anymore, except the same crappy Wald 920 post that I bent hopping off a curb and landing on the seat too hard, grrrrrrrr.

wtf to do... wtf to do... mmmm, my friend dave has a LATHE!

yup, swing by Dave's, in 5 mins of dinking around over beers, voila, I have me a genuine partially anodized (hah) fluted alloy 13/16ths post that fits like it was made for the frame!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #10376
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,006
Quote:
Totally agree but Lance knows that. Why give the Frogs the ammunition they craved ? If I were Lance I would have stuck with that guy until he passed out from the stench

It's total bullshit but he need to be a bit smarter. In fact I thought he was smarter than that. I really did.
if I read what think I read in the various linked articles, the INSPECTOR told Lance it was fine if he took a shower while his friends verified the legitimacy of the testing request. so, WTF? this sounds like a mountain being blown out of a molehill. seems like a lotta folks are out to 'get lance', i heard a lot of anti-lance mutterings from various folks around the Tour of California, too.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:32 AM   #10377
ADVCoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 765
Quote:
Well when I read this:

Quote:
in what was his 24th test since his comeback last September
I imagine you get pretty fed up with the constant hassle. I'm sure getting away from the nuisance to take a shower probably seemed like a necessity at the time.

It's easy for us all to "what if" or second guess this situation. Truth is none of us are in LA's shoes and don't know what we would really do if thrown into his situation.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #10378
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVCoop
Well when I read this:

I imagine you get pretty fed up with the constant hassle. I'm sure getting away from the nuisance to take a shower probably seemed like a necessity at the time.

It's easy for us all to "what if" or second guess this situation. Truth is none of us are in LA's shoes and don't know what we would really do if thrown into his situation.
Lance is a marked man - he knows it, we know it. He also knows the routine - as you say, he has been tested so many times he knows the routine off pat. I read also the inspector told him he could shower but I still would have declined, I would have stuck to this guy till he had collected his samples and gone. That's the routine.

It is total bullshit - who knows, the inspector may have been 'in' on it, but Lance or the people round him should have been a bit smarter here.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Old 04-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #10379
vfr700
172S

Oddometer: 566
Quote:

M
Just ask Richard Virenque how badly the Festina affair hurt his street cred. Deny, deny, deny, oh yeah I doped.......and they still loved him.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #10380
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfr700
Just ask Richard Virenque how badly the Festina affair hurt his street cred. Deny, deny, deny, oh yeah I doped.......and they still loved him.
I still liked him, When he came back, he was'nt as stong in the mountains,but he had pannish.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: