ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 239 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #11161
jeep44
junk collector
 
jeep44's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Canton,Michigan
Oddometer: 1,983
New Schwinn Bike! I went to pick up an old rototiller from a CL ad, and this followed me home,too.

jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #11162
sixer
I suffer from Ainrofilac
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: CenCoCal
Oddometer: 1,220
Sweet bike.
__________________
"There are no such things as accidents—just two people competing for the same point on the space-time continuum."

Support your local Search and Rescue Teams.
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #11163
sixer
I suffer from Ainrofilac
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: CenCoCal
Oddometer: 1,220
Went for a nice ride this afternoon. Near perfect weather.











__________________
"There are no such things as accidents—just two people competing for the same point on the space-time continuum."

Support your local Search and Rescue Teams.
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:26 AM   #11164
Bimble
In giro in moto
 
Bimble's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Oddometer: 8,350
Nice looking trail, sixer. I like long open single track.
__________________
Siamo tra qui e lì.
Bimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #11165
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Wish me luck....

Tomorrow is my first MTB race... 5.5 mile HILL freakin climb @ 10,000'
anybody have a strap on barf bag??
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #11166
Bimble
In giro in moto
 
Bimble's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Oddometer: 8,350
Luck.

Sounds... fun.

Sincerely,
Flatlander O'Two.
__________________
Siamo tra qui e lì.
Bimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #11167
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
Wish me luck....

Tomorrow is my first MTB race... 5.5 mile HILL freakin climb @ 10,000'
anybody have a strap on barf bag??
Good luck out there. Which hill you climbing?

Oh, and blow chunks on the ground, it's good for the flowers.
__________________
...Richard
" you may not be able to fix it with a hammer, but you'll damned sure teach it a lesson" - Anon
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #11168
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head
Good luck out there. Which hill you climbing?

Oh, and blow chunks on the ground, it's good for the flowers.
A 5.3 mile non-technical hill climb with a 2,062 foot elevation gain. The course starts at the base of the Winter Park Resort and climbs to the top of Mary Jane Ski Area following the mountain service road.

Oh.. and regarding the chunks - A couple of summers ago I was told if you ate "Tums" the latic acid buildup would not be as bad.... I thought, "what the hell, the flavored ones aren't so bad".... so I ate a few - let's just say I puked rainbows!
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #11169
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,693
2 werds: negative splits



You don't attack a giant at his feet do ya?!



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #11170
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
2 werds: negative splits



You don't attack a giant at his feet do ya?!



M
... if you cant reach his knees or balls... where else ya gonna attack???
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #11171
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
... if you cant reach his knees or balls... where else ya gonna attack???
Can I help it if you don't need to kneel when yer...

I'll stop with that right now lessen someone gets aggravated at me!

Seriously, try for negative splits. Faster at the top than the bottom. Most folks are gonna go the other way. If you can start moderate and go faster, you'll win hands down. 'Course, if there's someone out there that starts fast and goes faster towards the top, yer hosed.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #11172
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Can I help it if you don't need to kneel when yer...

I'll stop with that right now lessen someone gets aggravated at me!

Seriously, try for negative splits. Faster at the top than the bottom. Most folks are gonna go the other way. If you can start moderate and go faster, you'll win hands down. 'Course, if there's someone out there that starts fast and goes faster towards the top, yer hosed.

M
my goal




is to finish




actually... I warm up as I go.... in practice, Joe and I rode up Pole Hill Road (in Loveland), which is a 4.something mile climb with approximately 1450' climb... we did it back to back. On the 2nd pass, I closed the gap and actually decreased my time (I was going to say, increased my speed, but at that kind of pace.. there isn't any speed )
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #11173
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust
 
Flaco's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Historic Montrose CO
Oddometer: 2,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
A 5.3 mile non-technical hill climb with a 2,062 foot elevation gain. The course starts at the base of the Winter Park Resort and climbs to the top of Mary Jane Ski Area following the mountain service road.

Oh.. and regarding the chunks - A couple of summers ago I was told if you ate "Tums" the latic acid buildup would not be as bad.... I thought, "what the hell, the flavored ones aren't so bad".... so I ate a few - let's just say I puked rainbows!
It often snows at the first WP HC of the year. Be prepared.
__________________
VIVA LOS MTNADS
Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #11174
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by playzNmud
my goal




is to finish




actually... I warm up as I go.... in practice, Joe and I rode up Pole Hill Road (in Loveland), which is a 4.something mile climb with approximately 1450' climb... we did it back to back. On the 2nd pass, I closed the gap and actually decreased my time (I was going to say, increased my speed, but at that kind of pace.. there isn't any speed )
I call bullshit. You wanna win and you know it.

Did I tell y'all that I went and 'upgraded' my Fetish to Rival? Well I did. Inherited a rear der. and bought shifters when I went home for the last funeral () (that reminds me! I still owe em $$! ) First ride was this AM.

Likes: the shifting. Nice firm clunks. Two of em when yer upshifting. I like the one paddle thing. Didn't hafta think about it. ...and that's someone that's ridden almost exclusively Shimano brifters for eons.

Dislikes: the shifting. Them firm clunks are LOUD. Makes it hard to sneak in a few downshifts in preparation for sprinting around someone. Hoods aren't the most comfy things I've ridden *the way they're set right now* (they need to be rotated up some) I'll report back when I do some ergonomic modifications to the bike.

All in all, I had a decent ride considering I haven't been out in weeks. The lightweight box-section Mistrals on the bike now make the shitty roads round here somewhat rideable. Big, stiff, aero wheels? Pass. Roads are too crappy. Lots of chip seal and bad patchwork.

I need the rest of the Rival group. Brakes, crank/bb, f. der. Gotta be matchin y'know!

Maybe I should find a pair of hubs and see bout building a pair of wheels out of some of the tubular rims I have stashed in the garage? Then I could find some Paris-Roubaix 24c Vittorias and have a smmmoooooovvvvveeee ride.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:33 AM   #11175
playzNmud
I love pedal derby
 
playzNmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Boulder
Oddometer: 4,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco
It often snows at the first WP HC of the year. Be prepared.
THANK YOU!!!!!! My mind is in foothills temperature and I packed my bag accordingly!!!!

I would think I would have learned something from being in Salida last weekend - I packed somewhat the same and forgot my warm coat... apparently I still have East Coast mentality
If it wasn't for my 'Michigan neighbors' DentedVW and his wife Helene I would have been totally screwed...

thanks Flaco!!! time to repack
__________________
XR400

```_o
`_-\<,_
(_)/_(_)
playzNmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014