ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 513 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #11836
volbeat22
n/a
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 773
Action shot from the 1st Rd of the Cranky Monkey @ Wakefield Park in Fairfax, VA.

volbeat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #11837
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD
Action shot from the 1st Rd of the Cranky Monkey @ Wakefield Park in Fairfax, VA.

Lookin good! Eyes up. Good posture. Weight back.

How'd ya do?

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #11838
Signal
Cynical Idealist
 
Signal's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Utah
Oddometer: 8,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
I don't know about rowing, but I DO know racing (not just riding) cross is the hardest thing I've done on two wheels an that includes racing track w former olympians!

M
'Cross racing is as brutal as it gets....

Heart rates at near max for an hour
Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #11839
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,764
So this is a first


On my ride today the road close to my home was being worked on and repaved. I had no choice (really hilly and no shoulder or sidewalk) and had to ride home on it.

The road was hot asphalt/freshly paved. So the BRAND NEW TIRES I just put on last week are now tatooed with asphalt, a nice thick ridge of dried aspahlt stuck to the center of them.....

Is it worth trying to get this stuff off or did i just waste a buck and change on rubber (again).???
__________________
Black Shadow of Vincent, falls on a Triumph line

I've got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time...
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #11840
elchulopadre
Hairodynamic
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: subject to change
Oddometer: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
So this is a first


On my ride today the road close to my home was being worked on and repaved. I had no choice (really hilly and no shoulder or sidewalk) and had to ride home on it.

The road was hot asphalt/freshly paved. So the BRAND NEW TIRES I just put on last week are now tatooed with asphalt, a nice thick ridge of dried aspahlt stuck to the center of them.....

Is it worth trying to get this stuff off or did i just waste a buck and change on rubber (again).???
Scrape it off, dude! Then send me the tires.
elchulopadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #11841
volbeat22
n/a
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Lookin good! Eyes up. Good posture. Weight back.

How'd ya do?

M
I'm sitting 7th in the Clydesdale Class with one race left. The top 4 guys are ridiculously fast and are not in the spirtit of the Clydesdale class moto!
volbeat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #11842
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,933
I did my first 50 mile ride this morning.


And a 24 mile ride tomorrow morning will put me over 1K for the year, which was the goal I set for myself to buy a new bike.
__________________
ImaPoser

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #11843
elchulopadre
Hairodynamic
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: subject to change
Oddometer: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
I did my first 50 mile ride this morning.


And a 24 mile ride tomorrow morning will put me over 1K for the year, which was the goal I set for myself to buy a new bike.
Woohoo!!!

So what's it gonna be?
elchulopadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM   #11844
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchulopadre
So what's it gonna be?

I fell in love with the Look 566 on a test ride up in Chicago. It's at the top of my list, but also above the top of my price range.

I would probably be just as happy with a specialized roubaix, which at the component level I want is just barely within my price range.
Then, there's a handful of others in contention based on just how deep the dealers are willing to discount them as they are leftovers.

Just so long as they match my riding gear, it's all good.
__________________
ImaPoser

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #11845
volbeat22
n/a
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
I did my first 50 mile ride this morning.


And a 24 mile ride tomorrow morning will put me over 1K for the year, which was the goal I set for myself to buy a new bike.
Congrats, I told myself I was going to ride 1,200 miles this year...I punted that idea long ago. Too busy, too many other sports I play (lacrosse), I need to specialize in one sport!
volbeat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:40 PM   #11846
BCC
I know better
 
BCC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Southern NJ
Oddometer: 8,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser
I fell in love with the Look 566 on a test ride up in Chicago. It's at the top of my list, but also above the top of my price range.

I would probably be just as happy with a specialized roubaix, which at the component level I want is just barely within my price range.
Then, there's a handful of others in contention based on just how deep the dealers are willing to discount them as they are leftovers.

Just so long as they match my riding gear, it's all good.
I was checking out the specialized roubaix and it's a really nice bike. I also checked out the trek madone with the performance fit, which to me felt similar. I'm looking at a 5.1 or a leftover 5.2
__________________
Living the fullest life means leaving a history of goodness behind you for others to remember.

Cherish the memories------Ken OBSC
BCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #11847
neanderthal
globeriding wannabe
 
neanderthal's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: los angeles. ca.
Oddometer: 1,898
I oil my chain.

lol
__________________
'O=00=O'
BMW 2002. long live the legend
neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #11848
notmike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
notmike's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Boston
Oddometer: 244
Who was it that introduced themselves to me (sweaty guy on the pink Seven cross bike)at the D2R2 yesterday afternoon? My heat addled brain couldn't grasp that you were from Adventure Rider. For some reason I thought you were from Adventure Cyclist, which I used to be a member of. I hope I wasn't rude but I was about to faint from the heat.

A whole bunch of Adv Riders went past when we were on Green River Road. I gave the last one the salute, hoping he would get it and not come and punch me in the face, but he gave it right back and gave an enthusiastic nod
__________________
The road less traveled is still a road.
notmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #11849
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchulopadre
Scrape it off, dude! Then send me the tires.

lotta help


PS - I got out there man, a couple hours late but i did.
__________________
Black Shadow of Vincent, falls on a Triumph line

I've got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time...
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #11850
PASSMORE
Just the last name...
 
PASSMORE's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: The Texas Embassy in Sloughhouse, CA
Oddometer: 4,251
Wink Single speed fun

__________________
- Michael
facebook.com/passmoreranch
PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015