ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 314 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #1456
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,631
I'm hitting the road tomorrow, gonna go 25-30 miles depending on weather.

Before my GS ride down south I think I over did it on a 20 miler (fast paced).

Then clocking a couple thousand on the GS in 4 days (750 miles of BRP and Skyline drive - back to NYC- alone yesterday) probably didn't help.

What I'm talking about here folks is the dreaded Hemorroids....
Dunno if that's the problem, but something hurts pretty bad in that general vicinity. I've never had this problem in my life, I guess welcome to middle age.

Even wore the bike shorts under the stich but didn't help.

Maybe I should go with a spilt seat on the bicycle?

Is this normal?
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #1457
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout
Good luck! Don't forget to eat some bananas.


All sorts of crap will be pushed into my gullet
__________________
Artist, Father, Etc | Oil & Piston

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #1458
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
I'm hitting the road tomorrow, gonna go 25-30 miles depending on weather.

Before my GS ride down south I think I over did it on a 20 miler (fast paced).

Then clocking a couple thousand on the GS in 4 days (750 miles of BRP and Skyline drive - back to NYC- alone yesterday) probably didn't help.

What I'm talking about here folks is the dreaded Hemorroids....
Dunno if that's the problem, but something hurts pretty bad in that general vicinity. I've never had this problem in my life, I guess welcome to middle age.

Even wore the bike shorts under the stich but didn't help.

Maybe I should go with a spilt seat on the bicycle?

Is this normal?


Ever have the problem before?
(do I really want an answer?)
__________________
Artist, Father, Etc | Oil & Piston

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #1459
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by knary


Ever have the problem before?
(do I really want an answer?)


Like I said, never.


Well I didn't have to wait long for that one now did I..
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #1460
Chacifer
sui generis
 
Chacifer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: Rogue Island
Oddometer: 6,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vstrommancer
I have been of the bicycle for commuting due the distances I have to transport myself. My girlfriend is worried sick about me riding the motorcycle 120 miles a day on the long days.

What she does not understand is that there are greater opportunities to get creamed on a bicycle than on a motorcycle.
This is your brand-new GF, right?

Good luck, man.
__________________
Chace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
I live in "Sport Mode"
Chacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:25 PM   #1461
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
Like I said, never.


Well I didn't have to wait long for that one now did I..


That line slipped right by me...

Age, diet, habits (sitting, sitting, sitting)

If it's painful, talk to a doctor.
If you're bleeding, talk to a doctor.
__________________
Artist, Father, Etc | Oil & Piston

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:27 PM   #1462
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by knary

That line slipped right by me...

Age, diet, habits (sitting, sitting, sitting)

If it's painful, talk to a doctor.
If you're bleeding, talk to a doctor.


no red stuff yet....


Probably diet..
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #1463
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
no red stuff yet....


Probably diet..
And stress.
You life hasn't been a wee bit stressful as of late has it?
__________________
Artist, Father, Etc | Oil & Piston

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #1464
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by knary
And stress.
You life hasn't been a wee bit stressful as of late has it?


bingo.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #1465
knary
sunshine and puppies
 
knary's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: portland, or
Oddometer: 29,413
r
__________________
Artist, Father, Etc | Oil & Piston

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #1466
scorpion
Two arm bandit
 
scorpion's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Planet Reno
Oddometer: 5,382
I've been riding on one of these for a coupla months now



Didn't think I'd like it at first, but it sure feels good once it gets broken in
__________________

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #1467
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion
 
YakSpout's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: all by myself
Oddometer: 5,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion
I've been riding on one of these for a coupla months now



Didn't think I'd like it at first, but it sure feels good once it gets broken in
Doesn't leather take like 500 miles to break in?

I've been looking into the Fizi'k seats, but have yet to pull the trigger.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #1468
scorpion
Two arm bandit
 
scorpion's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Planet Reno
Oddometer: 5,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout
Doesn't leather take like 500 miles to break in?

I've been looking into the Fizi'k seats, but have yet to pull the trigger.

More like 380.



Ridden this one about 3k miles on my hybrid and it worked out really well for the money.

__________________

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #1469
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,062
First day went well. There's a LOT of stuff to remember... 5 versions of da shorts, jerseys, misc accessories, shoes: road, mtn and running, and a LOT of other stuff.

I forgot how much stuff there is to being in retail.

Found out how much I missed the bike industry tho.

My head's still spinning...

Back again Sunday for more learnin'

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #1470
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout
Doesn't leather take like 500 miles to break in?

I've been looking into the Fizi'k seats, but have yet to pull the trigger.
Saddles are SO subjective. You're just gonna hafta try a few out. There's a trade thread on www.bikeforums.net in the road bike section. Try there.

HTH,

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014