ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 513 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM   #14956
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: central IL
Oddometer: 3,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
What do you guys use to fight athletes foot?


I've used Desenex liquid spray. I've tried the Desenex powder and spray powder and they're useless. Tinactin didn't work either.
__________________
'09 Triumph Tiger1050
'96 Ducati 900SS
'02 Suzuki SV650S (hers)
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #14957
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
What do you guys use to fight athletes foot?


uhhhh change yer socks?

Wash yer feet?



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #14958
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac
A round file.
That would feel so good right now.






Edit: Hell, I might bust out the rasp.
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #14959
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion
 
YakSpout's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: all by myself
Oddometer: 6,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
Oh, my. That looks like big, big fun.
I've climbed Encinal on a pedal bike exactly once. Yikes... 5mi and about 1400' of vertical. I was very glad my bike has a triple up front. ~40min up and 10min to get back down Mulholland.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #14960
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 69,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout
I've climbed Encinal on a pedal bike exactly once. Yikes... 5mi and about 1400' of vertical. I was very glad my bike has a triple up front. ~40min up and 10min to get back down Mulholland.

Sounds like climbing Mt. Diablo up here. An hour and a half up, 15 minutes down.

Evil Genius, I keep those baby wipes in my gear bag and wipe in my stinky areas after a ride, immediately after a ride. You might be wise to do the same if you have difficulty with athelete's foot. Clean the tootsies then apply fresh non cotton socks. Cotton socks stay wet and help the little critters grow.

I like socks from Sock Guy because they come in all kinds of neat designs and are thin.
__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #14961
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
Sounds like climbing Mt. Diablo up here. An hour and a half up, 15 minutes down.

Evil Genius, I keep those baby wipes in my gear bag and wipe in my stinky areas after a ride, immediately after a ride. You might be wise to do the same if you have difficulty with athelete's foot. Clean the tootsies then apply fresh non cotton socks. Cotton socks stay wet and help the little critters grow.

I like socks from Sock Guy because they come in all kinds of neat designs and are thin.
Ah, I'll grab some new socks next time we hit the store.

We got a bunch of those baby wipes already, I'll throw some in a ziplock bag.
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #14962
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 7,834
Over the weekend I managed to sneak in three hours of riding. And hard enough riding to leave my heart racing three hours after getting off the bike.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll miss riding but should be able to grab an evening or two riding before i have to have the bike packed.

I'll have to ride the big pig of a mountain bike come the weekend.
__________________
...Dick
"You don't go to Mongolia for the food." - Sebastian & Kim
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #14963
Baldy
Site Owner
 
Baldy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2001
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Oddometer: 9,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoManiac
That's. Just. So. Awesome!

All this time I've been thinking you needed a trials or mountain bike to do that kind of stuff, but now we can all go out and practice it, no?
__________________
Home page photos
Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #14964
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy
That's. Just. So. Awesome!

All this time I've been thinking you needed a trials or mountain bike to do that kind of stuff, but now we can all go out and practice it, no?
The stuff along the cliff and down that big face and along the bridge give me the willies. I am not a fan of high places.

If I lean against a wall or my work bench I can just about balance myself sort of like that guy.
But, then I have to take a quick dab before falling over on my side and flopping around in the garage.
__________________
...Dick
"You don't go to Mongolia for the food." - Sebastian & Kim
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #14965
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa
Sounds like climbing Mt. Diablo up here. An hour and a half up, 15 minutes down.

Evil Genius, I keep those baby wipes in my gear bag and wipe in my stinky areas after a ride, immediately after a ride. You might be wise to do the same if you have difficulty with athelete's foot. Clean the tootsies then apply fresh non cotton socks. Cotton socks stay wet and help the little critters grow.

I like socks from Sock Guy because they come in all kinds of neat designs and are thin.
Merino. Cool in the summer. Warm in the winter. Don't stink.



I'm migrating my baselayers over to merino too for those 'less than scorching' days.

Makes for great MC riding stuff too!



HTH

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #14966
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head
Over the weekend I managed to sneak in three hours of riding. And hard enough riding to leave my heart racing three hours after getting off the bike.

Tonight and tomorrow I'll miss riding but should be able to grab an evening or two riding before i have to have the bike packed.

I'll have to ride the big pig of a mountain bike come the weekend.
Heart racing after = dehydration too. Drink more.

ESPECIALLY if you have tendencies to high BP anyway. DAMHIK

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #14967
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 28,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head
The stuff along the cliff and down that big face and along the bridge give me the willies. I am not a fan of high places.

If I lean against a wall or my work bench I can just about balance myself sort of like that guy.
But, then I have to take a quick dab before falling over on my side and flopping around in the garage.
Last time I tried to ride a wheelie on my road bike, I looped the thing.

That was in 2004...

I'm still trying to find the balance point on the mtn bike. I useta be able to ride a wheelie for a LONG ways 'back when.' I know its about the balance point. Problem is: I'm skeered to loop it again. That hurt! I'm great with lofting the front wheel over pretty much anything, its just the riding of said wheelie that gets me.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #14968
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Heart racing after = dehydration too. Drink more.

ESPECIALLY if you have tendencies to high BP anyway. DAMHIK

M
I drank plenty, had to stop twice and pee.

OK, maybe that's cause I'm old besides being slow.

Back in the day when I actually rode a bit, my resting pulse was about 25bpm, and my BP was around 90 over 50. That is no longer the case, thanks to a decade and a bit in a cube.

The ride out from the house is down the hill, (17%, hitting a top speed of 45 mph, no pedaling!) out toward the ocean so there is almost always wind in my face. Over the weekend this was about a 10 to 12 mph force to work against. My normal routine is to ride out the path for an hour or so, (last summer I was up to an hour and a half out after work), then turn around and ride home. I take the shallower, and longer route back up my hill, though this still has some steep little steps to get over.
Even with the wind, an hours ride will get me to the Anaheim Pond, or at least that is what they used to call it, maybe now, it's called the Honda Center. This is a good turn around point since there is a toilet there.

When I ride the mountain bike that hour out seems to not get me as far. but the ride back up the hill is a bit easier. And I get to take the dirt route down under the bridge.
__________________
...Dick
"You don't go to Mongolia for the food." - Sebastian & Kim
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM   #14969
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Last time I tried to ride a wheelie on my road bike, I looped the thing.

That was in 2004...

I'm still trying to find the balance point on the mtn bike. I useta be able to ride a wheelie for a LONG ways 'back when.' I know its about the balance point. Problem is: I'm skeered to loop it again. That hurt! I'm great with lofting the front wheel over pretty much anything, its just the riding of said wheelie that gets me.

M
I can't wheelie the mountain bike worth a damn.
__________________
...Dick
"You don't go to Mongolia for the food." - Sebastian & Kim
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #14970
pierce
Aven'Tourer
 
pierce's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: S'Cruz
Oddometer: 10,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy
That's. Just. So. Awesome!

All this time I've been thinking you needed a trials or mountain bike to do that kind of stuff, but now we can all go out and practice it, no?
just don't use carbon fiber wheels, unless you wanna end up on www.bustedcarbon.com


meanwhile.... started putting my project together.






I do believe I'm going with a closer/higher gooseneck, but only a couple inches of each.

its going to be a 14-speed, with a 50-34 FSA compact front, and a 13-32 IRD rear (thats a chinese 13-28 on it now). v-brakes and I found a pair of vintage Suntour thumbshifters (friction),

*sloppy* paint-job, I have no patience for doing proper prep work.
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015