Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006, 12:43 PM   #46
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Oddometer: 35,219
On second thought, maybe I should off it to Steve, so he can get his riding fix while he heals up. OMFG, what am I thinking. He wrecked a scooter while he was on his cruise Time for spacewife to make up a new patch for him.

PhilSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:41 PM   #47
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSpace
Sure, if you think you can handle my mother in law and the pups.

Oh, I'll hande them allright. Where shall the key be hidden for me? Under the mat?
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #48
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

She's home. I rode her around for a little bit, take a while to get used to shifting with the left grip, but it's pretty cool, and once the engine is warm, she runs pretty good.

I didn't want it to fall of the trailer, so we tied her down real good.

I found a little body damage/creative repair job on the rear fender that I will have to work on. I also thought the radio was a 2M rig, since the previous owner was a ham, but it's actually a Euro radio with removable modules for anti-theft made by Voxson. I have two of the modules, but I don't think it works after playing for a bit.

It also came with this new Sito exhaust

and a couple boxes with oil, spare cables, and misc parts an extra wheel, a new tire and some tubes and bulbs. It looks like the previous owner only use Amsoil synthetic two stroke oil.

Let the games commence

Old 07-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #49
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,668
Ya know if you weren't running around playing scooter boy maybe you could keep up with the latest GPS releases Mr. 205...

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #50
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,305
I had a feeling that would be a Sito. It's usually one of the first things done.

You're set, with those spares. Nothing else needed until you decide to put a bigass Vortex carb on it or similarly humongazoid Dellorto and when you get to that point I'll also recommend a few shrinks.

Congrats!

Like I like. Yep.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #51
Srbenda

It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #52
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

It's starting to cool down now, so let the games begin.

I just ordered a bunch of crap from Scomo and Scooterworks, new Sebac shocks, some body work, trim, a new glove box and some other little shit. I already have a Delorto carb rebuild kit, a bunch of cables and rubber stuff, so I'm probably in good shape to start stripping this sucker down.

Now, with that all said, once I get the engine pulled, is there any reason to blow this sucker out? It got sort of confusing looking at the piston/cylinder set options. Is there really a need, it's already a righteous 200cc two smoke?

Old 09-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #53
Srbenda

Sure there is a need. Do you need 160HP on the K bike? Of course not!

The kits will also boost compression etc. I'm sure Malossi, DR, or Polini would have a nice top end for it...

Of course then you've got to do the carb, exhaust etc...
Old 09-29-2006, 03:22 PM   #54
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,305
Quote:
It's starting to cool down now, so let the games begin.

I just ordered a bunch of crap from Scomo and Scooterworks, new Sebac shocks, some body work, trim, a new glove box and some other little shit. I already have a Delorto carb rebuild kit, a bunch of cables and rubber stuff, so I'm probably in good shape to start stripping this sucker down.

Now, with that all said, once I get the engine pulled, is there any reason to blow this sucker out? It got sort of confusing looking at the piston/cylinder set options. Is there really a need, it's already a righteous 200cc two smoke?
Oh, it's fine.

For now. MUHWAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I'd run the stock jug for a bit to get used to it, then upgrade according to what you think it's lacking--mids or top end--later on after riding it. I wish mine had been left stock initially so I had a benchmark for performance. Now that the weather has cooled off and I can get into the shed without dying from the heat, I'm gonna put mine back to stock for a bit.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:25 PM   #55
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Alu Maloosi is what I was looking at, but I want to make her purdy and get the suspension right first.

Already got a note saying half the crap I ordered from Scomo is back ordered, but that's OK, don't really need it to get started, just wanted to have the new stuff that I knew I would need with me when I tear the old shit off to make sure it was cool.

I ordered half of the stuff from scooterworks and the other half from Scomo, then it dawned on me they are in VA and I'm paying sales tax

I will also say that Scomo has been great with this order so far, I have gotten no less than three status updates on my order. I wish every place I bought parts and farkel from was like that.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:13 AM   #56
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Hey Breadman

Know a good body shop that can do some welding on a scooter?

I pulled off the top case and the rack and it's pretty fugly. Probably the only damage the whole unrusted cute little beast is the from the way the rack was mounted.

First, it was a steel rack, she's just lost about 25 lbs between the rack and the top case. The bottom bracket was bolted to the rear fender via the top two bolts on the tail light. When I pulled the tail light I found that he must have really over loaded it. The fender is slightly bent in and there are stress cracks ranging from 1/4 to 1" long radiating from the holes.

Once I get the frame stripped down, I'm going to need to find a shop that can weld her up.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #57
Srbenda

There is THIS GUY from the BMW boards.

And THIS GUY from the DC Scoots page.

One of the guys on the DC Scoots page can do welding as well, but he is way up in north MoCo, which would be far for you.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:45 AM   #58
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Thanks

Old 09-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #59
PhilSpace OP
The Gov

Unfortunately I had filled up the tank on the scooter. I really didn't have a use for that much gas, so I decided the best thing you could do is run it off. 2.5 hours later and I still have half a tank, but boy what a hoot. It was a little strange at first, but with my fat ass, I wound that sucker out and it's now a smooth running little beast, I don't think it will need a new cylinder for a while, carb rebuild and tune up yes, but I did get it up to 65 OK, it was down hill

Brakes need some work, a little head shake with hard braking because of mini vans, but other than that, I had a ball. You haven't lived until you have railed a scooter. I took one curve that I knew at about 25 over it's posted speed, nothing for the GT, but shit on 10" wheels, tiny wheel base and zippo rake, it's a hoot.

I was proud of myself, kept up with traffic on the parkway, even passed a couple cars and stuffed a Harley on the inside on a 30mph curve doin 55 - the look I got from that MF was priceless PS. I was wearing leathers, Held gloves and my Arai - more than he was

Old 09-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #60
R1150GSA
Saint "Alloy"sius

Oddometer: 26,174
Quote:
Once I get the frame stripped down, I'm going to need to find a shop that can weld her up.

Hey, PhilSpace, let me take a crack at welding it. I've never welded before but, c'mon, how hard could it be? I'm good at stuff like that.
IBA #17734
R1150GSA is offline   Reply With Quote