User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #196
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,005
5,152 miles- Klacker Replaced

A real kick ass ride last evening running around Morris, Hunterdon, and Warren counties with Doc (520 motard) on pretty near ideal mixed surface roads that could have been laid out with supermotards in mind. After the ride, I rode up to the dealer to drop it off for the surgery. Picked it up this afternoon and did some more blasting around on a different set of roads that could have been laid out with supermotards in mind

at (a well deserved) rest

wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #197
wsdbikes
New Max is Mad

Oddometer: 1,281
vibes

hows the vibes without the bar end weights? I mounted the probends but kept the stock barend weights. no diff in vibes.

"I only wish I had video running when WSD did a no footed can-can over some boulders on mainline....two feet of air easy..." -Abdelhub
Yeah, on the GS http://vimeo.com/3232838

Notable Past-'01 KLR 250, 95 R1100GS, 06 KTM 950 SM, 69 Bridgestone 90
wsdbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:13 AM   #198
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsdbikes
hows the vibes without the bar end weights? I mounted the probends but kept the stock barend weights. no diff in vibes.
No issues- didn't really notice a difference.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #199
idleidol
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Dear Lord, Forgive my absence

It's been a long time since I've been here and in the meantime I've committed many sins:
I speed constantly,
I'm learning to wheelie on the road
I laugh at cops
I run slicks on the road
I frequently blow litre sportbikes away
I drink beer, smoke weed, ravish women and eat kittens

But other than that I'm a really really good atheist, so do forgive me, I promise to be good (snigger)
idleidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #200
motorcyclemark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
950sm Frame Sliders?

Trying to get my new Ktm set up and am having trouble finding frame sliders. Would really like a pair that will get the job done and look half way decent as well. Any and all help (pictures) would be appreciated, thanks.
motorcyclemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #201
mrkennethporter
Escaped Lunatic Beware!

Oddometer: 108
Really enjoyed that half hour read.

was thinking of accessories for my own but after reading and looking at the pics the original plastic looks best in my humble opinion. That lambretta tacho looks good. will look into that one. Would not even consider taking a 100hp bike of road myself. looks a little scary.

the tail tidy from Germany is nice but looking on ebay. nearly 200 euro for a little bit of sheet metal. Has anyone made there own . 200 notes is way too much.

If all goes well I should be heading to the Nurburgring in Germany to see how the 950 matches up to all my sports bike friends.

Is there a steering damper for the 950sm yet? nearly lost her to a tank slapper yesterday. front very twitchy on bumpy roads under full throttle.
mrkennethporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:37 PM   #202
motorcyclemark
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOEXOTICA
Trying to get my new Ktm set up and am having trouble finding frame sliders. Would really like a pair that will get the job done and look half way decent as well. Any and all help (pictures) would be appreciated, thanks.

Looked around a little today and found some from R&G, look good and will order a pair from suderia west tommorow.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #203
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOEXOTICA

There's a fellow on ebay ebay who sells them them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...spagenameZWDVW

And there's these
http://www.ktmtwins.com/950supermoto/cp0154bl.html

No experience with either
Old 06-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #204
motorcyclemark
Gnarly Adventurer

Frame Sliders

The ones from Ktmtwins (R&g makes them) are the ones I purchased. As you probably already know Ktmtwins are run out of Scuderia West. Thanks for the link.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #205
rick danger
Off the wagon

Oddometer: 4,938
well, time to bump this thread up....

rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 AM   #206
Willis
Don't want a pickle...

Oddometer: 618
Well I got 4000 miles on my 07 now and theirs nothing to report except that my face gets sore from time to time from all the smiling I do!!!!!

I checked my valves at 1200 miles and they were all in spec except for one intake on the rear cylinder that was jsut a hair to tight.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:16 PM   #207
rick danger
Off the wagon

Some SM questions.....What was the bottom line as far as tachs? I saw a digital one and a gauge style. Anybody have either? Good? bad? Kind of nice to get one that fits in the space to the right of dash like the round one I saw a pic of. Now seat question: Does renazco sell premade seats? Or is it strictly send them yours and wait.......and wait.....etc. Whats the skinny on a nice flat rear rack? Like the one wpbarlow had? Brents? Is there anything else I should do to the brand new bike? How much of a project is it to remove the emissions crap? Will it be easy to see whats involved when I look at it? Do you think a new 07 will have the various recalls fixed? Like starter motor problems and whatnot? I'm getting the bike from town and country in Jersey for anyone local. They are supposed to be a good dealer. The 16 tooth countershaft sproket is backordered, but I'm gonna try it. What about brake pads? Galfer greens or any others? I know the bike has great brakes already ,but you know.....to much is never enough... And yeah I know, just ride it, But I dont have it yet so I'm stuck in front of the keyboard for now Mentally rideing.......wpbarlow do you still have the cool little bar end mirrors? They look nice. How are they to use? I'm getting the black one. Will the plastic show scratches quickly? I'm anal. I think this bike is gonna be alot more practical than the hypermotard I was real close to getting. Descent size tank, 8" susp. for dirt road blasting. Anyone use distanzias? I had them on my KLR 650 that I motarded and they stuck like glue in the turns but have a dualsport pattern. I thought they might work well on this bike too since I like getting into the woods once in a while. How is the slack in the brake lines and wires for bar risers? I have a set of ROX 2 1/4" pivoting risers I'm gonna try. Hopefully I can reroute the line behind the fork tubes to get the play. We'll see. What kind of watts does this bike have for heated clothing etc? I'd like to ride into the chilly season before switching to the windshield bike since this bike will be NEW! Thanks for the info. I know its alot of questions but once I get it maybe I can pay back with some ideas of my own that might interest people...

Old 07-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #208
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,498
Hmm, that was alot of questions.

First, congratulations on making a decision (finally!). I don't think you could be disappointed in the bike.

I can only help with the rack question. That I know of there is still no good looking flat rack for the 950SM, which is why I built sme racks for my bike in the first place. There are no more of my design available from me.
A member from over at KTMtalk (520640 over there, not sure if he is here) was selling his 950SM a week or two ago and it had a rack. Maybe you could talk him out of his?

Other than that, have you seen the new side rack/soft saddle bags from the KTM hardparts catalog? I really liked them and ordered a set right away.

Brent

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #209
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger
...wpbarlow do you still have the cool little bar end mirrors? They look nice. How are they to use?

...How is the slack in the brake lines and wires for bar risers? I have a set of ROX 2 1/4" pivoting risers I'm gonna try.

...What kind of watts does this bike have for heated clothing etc? ...

It wasn't me who had the small bar end mirrors

2 1/4" seems like a lot. I'm waiting for some 1" risers from Loaded

I don't know offhand what the wattage is, but I was able to run Gerbings jacket liner, gloves, and socks this past winter with no ill effect.

Hard to beleive, but due to circumstances I haven't ridden the SM in a couple of weeks
Old 07-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #210
rick danger
Off the wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow
It wasn't me who had the small bar end mirrors

Oh sorry, just reread, it was Nowhat. They look a little small, guess thats why they look good. Gotta have a good rear view. Especially with this bike. Make sure there aren't any flashing lights back there . I just remembered wed is the 4th. Another day to wait for the bike....Damn holidays....and sundays.........and mondays....