Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #7456
aeronaut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
I was missing the entire headlight adjusting assembly. I ordered it on a thursday locally here in Canada. They checked and it as int he warehouse in Ohio or Indiana (ICR).....they phoned me next day at noon and said it had arrived. It was all less than 10 bux, for 3 or 4 pcs.

On a sidenote. SierraBMW has a Leo Vince sale. Leo slipons for our bikes at $583.Good or no?
I have Leo's, am very happy with them, with the db killers in, I've never had anyone say they are too loud. WIth them out is a different story, *I* say they are too loud. IIRC, I paid a bit less for mine about 4 years ago, but I shopped long and hard and caught a perfect sale.
aeronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #7457
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
New bikes, new apartment, my own garage. Good stuff. Thats an 83 nighthawk I grabbed as a project. Unloading her in the fleamarket as we speak.

I cant wait to hear some feed back w/ the new twinduro's on an SM.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2012/06/28...product-ideas/

Don't hold your breath. They keep pushing back the available date, it is now August sometime and I very much doubt they will be available then either.

I have been in contact with both Conti and other distributors since January and each time I get a new date that is a month out, for over 6 months now!!!!!

I found one of the last sets of Syncs I think, they are getting put on this week.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #7458
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideSM View Post
Don't hold your breath. They keep pushing back the available date, it is now August sometime and I very much doubt they will be available then either.

I have been in contact with both Conti and other distributors since January and each time I get a new date that is a month out, for over 6 months now!!!!!

I found one of the last sets of Syncs I think, they are getting put on this week.

If I were to venture a guess, I would say the delays are from lawyers getting involved. The TKC-80s have a speed rating of 99mph and most bikes using a 180/55-17 go way faster than that...
Old 07-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #7459
eSONG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSONG View Post
yup i know its cheap but i need it by thursday and i just noticed it the other day. it's just a nut and locking washer that i need, probably about 50 cents at the hardware store. just need to know what size. i'll just ride the bike over and try different sizes til i find the right one.
in case anyone wants to know in the future, the headlight adjuster nut is 5mm .8 pitch. stainless steel lock nut is about 50 cents at the hardware store, but i went with the ss wing nut and lock washer. easier to put on and braces against the headlight assembly to resist coming loose. all in, $2.

eSONG screwed with this post 07-18-2012 at 03:53 PM
eSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #7460
Garry
Old and In The Way

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSONG View Post
in case anyone wants to know in the future, the headlight adjuster nut is 5mm .8 pitch. stainless steel lock nut is about 50 cents at the hardware store, but i went with the ss wing nut and lock washer. easier to put on and braces against the headlight assembly to resist coming loose. all in, $2.
Thanks for that. My adjusting nuts keeps coming loose and the headlight points to the sky. Good thing for me I rarely ride in the dark. I think a trip to the hardware store is in order...
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #7461
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMoto View Post
If I were to venture a guess, I would say the delays are from lawyers getting involved. The TKC-80s have a speed rating of 99mph and most bikes using a 180/55-17 go way faster than that...
I see. I can also see myself testing the speed rating as it is not unusual for me to travel at the ton. More than 120 she gets a little too exciting for my tastes though. I can only imagine with the knobs it would skate a bit too. So probably not a bad thing I haven't been able to get them.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #7462
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideSM View Post
I see. I can also see myself testing the speed rating as it is not unusual for me to travel at the ton. More than 120 she gets a little too exciting for my tastes though. I can only imagine with the knobs it would skate a bit too. So probably not a bad thing I haven't been able to get them.
So that's how you get 10,000 miles out of your Syncs! - they never touch the ground when you're flying low!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #7463
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMoto View Post
So that's how you get 10,000 miles out of your Syncs! - they never touch the ground when you're flying low!
Exactly Buck!!!

I just sent the bike into the shop today. I finally had to give it to the pros. I had a bunch of goodies, including new radiator, brake pads, clutch slave, tires chain and sprockets, and other miscellany as well as a poor running issue I could not seem to diagnose myself. (yes my fourth rear Sync at almost 40,000 miles, 3rd front.)
Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 AM   #7464
BushwickBill
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Any feedback on the Seat Concepts seat? KHVol
BushwickBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #7465
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickBill View Post
Any feedback on the Seat Concepts seat? KHVol
Yeah, haven't had a chance to do a really long ride and proper test but after a couple of 2 hour rides, I really like it, significant improvement.

The Seat Concepts seat is much firmer than the stock seat and a bit firmer than the ******* Racing seat , flatter, wider where needed, but narrow enough up front that you can still move around on it. Both of my seats before were unacceptable, that includes the well made but debilitating aftermarket ******* Racing seat ( I have been riding motorcycles for 40 plus years and I have never had a seat so painful as these two seats, I didn't say uncomfortable, I said painful . That includes narrow dirt bike seats on SM's and which were ridden all day on the street).

The Seat Concepts has no roll top / crown to push itself into the 12,000,000 nerve endings that seem to run through your crotch. The feel and firmness is consistent front to back, no soft spot valley like the ******* Racing seat has. Looking at the stock seat foam after removal, it had a gel insert..didn't expect that and think this may have also contributed to the discomfort of the stock seat.

The Seat Concepts price was half that of most other aftermarket seats and you can get it in just a few days rather than weeks, there is no 4 to 6 weeks of missed riding time while you ship your seat off to be fitted or no expense of buying a second seat to ship out.... but the real deal is so far it is much, much more comfortable...so far, will see if how the foam wears in the long run.

KHVol screwed with this post 07-20-2012 at 10:58 AM
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #7466
Garry
Old and In The Way

Oddometer: 1,144
That's good feedback on the Seat Concepts kit. I just ordered one for my 530 which currently has an EE tall/firm seat with that high center. I definitely need something wider/flatter for dual-sport rides where you are sitting most of the time.
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #7467
BushwickBill
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I have both seats ( stock and gel) as well; And, like most others, I don't care for either one. Think I'll box up the stock one and send it to them to have it re-covered.
BushwickBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #7468
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwickBill View Post
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I have both seats ( stock and gel) as well; And, like most others, I don't care for either one. Think I'll box up the stock one and send it to them to have it re-covered.
It is simpler than that, all ya do is send them the money, ya don't even send them your seat . They send you the foam and cover and you either put it on your seat base or take it to an upholstery guy for $ 40 bucks...could not be simpler..

KHVol screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 06:13 AM
KHVol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #7469
aerone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Oil Running Down Side Stand

This might have already been addressed. If so, I couldn't find the thread. My bike sat on the rear stand for a few months while my tank was being built. Of course, one of the carbs was almost totally gummed up and it didn't want to run past a fast idle. Any way, I took it out and ran the crap out of her and after about ten miles, that issue cleared up. It's not the first time it has happened. So, I was all happy she was running great.

When I got home, I noticed oil dripping off the side stand and I figured it was coming from the countershaft seal. I took the front sprocket off and it's dry under there. There was a lot of oily dirt around the clutch slave. I cleaned all that off.

Before I take off more parts. Does any one know where the leak might be? Thanks...
aerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #7470
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Did you possibly overfill the oil ?