ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2006, 01:01 PM   #91
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 9,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wado
Who makes the footpeg guards ? I seem to be eating mine up pretty rapidly.

KTM Hard Part called supermoto footpeg sliders 54803047000.


Sometimes they show up under 950 parts, sometimes under supermoto parts. Typical KTM web organization
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 01:53 PM   #92
Wado
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Oddometer: 13
Thanks for the info ....
Wado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #93
Snapcrackleandpop
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Sarf Lahndun
Oddometer: 33
Fitted a 16 tooth front sprocket today, top ends gone but acceleration.....
Do it people
Snapcrackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #94
zombie
lost in space
 
zombie's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: cape cod
Oddometer: 215
what fuel range are you getting out of the bike as I'm thinking of riding mine to Alaska
cheers
great write up by the way
__________________
lost in space
zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:20 PM   #95
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 9,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie
what fuel range are you getting out of the bike as I'm thinking of riding mine to Alaska
cheers
great write up by the way

All stock except for cannister removal- between 115 and 130 miles before going on reserve; which seems consistent with the range others are getting.
It's a little hard to run out of gas here in NJ (though that hasn't stopped me a couple of times in the past ); so I don't pay a lot of attention to mileage/range.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #96
FlowBee
Just me.
 
FlowBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Stasis.
Oddometer: 5,754
I just have to bump this back up. 950SM fans, don'cha know.

Tonight after I got home I took the ST11 to the CVS for some liquid refreshment for the weekend. OK, fine - booze. With the fairing on the ST11 I wasn't too bad off in the 33F weather. So I got the itch to take the SM out for a rip.

I fuggin froze my arse off! BRRR!!

Fairings are NICE. But, ya know what? I had a complete BLAST! Wheelies are a bit iffy with winter mitts, but even hyperthermic, this is one hell of a fun bike!!



I need better winter riding gear. Now back to our regular channel...
__________________
"And then this one time at banned camp ....."
FlowBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #97
brents347
Trusting my Cape...
 
brents347's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Where the hell is Truckee, CA?
Oddometer: 3,491
SM in winter?

Wow, Chicago must be rough.

This is NorCal about 10 days ago... 65 deg and sunny!

brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #98
FlowBee
Just me.
 
FlowBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Stasis.
Oddometer: 5,754
Maybe you should look into Meztler Marathons at the next tire change. You know that thing'll lean over, right? The bike has a lot of ground clearance.






I'm jealous. At least we have .. uh ... uh .. well, Da Bears!
__________________
"And then this one time at banned camp ....."
FlowBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #99
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 9,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowBee
...I fuggin froze my arse off! BRRR!!

Fairings are NICE. But, ya know what? I had a complete BLAST! Wheelies are a bit iffy with winter mitts, but even hyperthermic, this is one hell of a fun bike!!
I need better winter riding gear. Now back to our regular channel...
I just ordered a small windscreen for the bike. I should get it in a couple of days; and it will be interesting to see if it's effective to any degree. Although it's been pretty warm in NJ the past week or so (over 70 degrees a couple of days) it won't be long before those days are memories. With good riding and heated gear, I actually like riding this time of year- better sight lines on those gnarly tree-lined back roads.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #100
Snapcrackleandpop
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Sarf Lahndun
Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow
I just ordered a small windscreen for the bike. I should get it in a couple of days; and it will be interesting to see if it's effective to any degree. Although it's been pretty warm in NJ the past week or so (over 70 degrees a couple of days) it won't be long before those days are memories. With good riding and heated gear, I actually like riding this time of year- better sight lines on those gnarly tree-lined back roads.
any pics?
Snapcrackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #101
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 9,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapcrackleandpop
any pics?
I just got the screen yesterday and expect to mount it in the next couple of days. Will post when I do.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:48 PM   #102
Snapcrackleandpop
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Sarf Lahndun
Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow
I just got the screen yesterday and expect to mount it in the next couple of days. Will post when I do.
{Shameless thread renewel mode} Kewl, anyone know of a tail end tidy?
Snapcrackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #103
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: The pink lake less circled
Oddometer: 1,280
orange axle cover and orange clutch reservoir cover

Where to order the following two items:

- orange axle cover
- orange clutch reservoir cover

what is their price and reference number, I went to Munn Racing website but couldn't locate them, neither were they to be found in KTMTwins website or KTM-USA.

Thanks
__________________
He, whose nuts skim the ground while airborne, won't crash very far!


Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #104
Popey
Nutter
 
Popey's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: SF, CA
Oddometer: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347
Wow, Chicago must be rough.

This is NorCal about 10 days ago... 65 deg and sunny!

Sweet pic.

Nice write up thread too. If I expanded the stable, it would be to get the SM. No brainer.
__________________
Ed
'10 KTM 990SMR
'08 KTM 690E
'08 CBR 1000RR (Track)
'02 Mille R (Track)
Popey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #105
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer
 
MookieBlaylock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: IntheeaglewingpalaceoftheQueenChinee
Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarBlues
Where to order the following two items:

- orange axle cover
- orange clutch reservoir cover
http://ktmtwins.com/950supermoto/61002055060.html
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014