ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #211
Jolly705 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jolly705's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Tri State Area
Oddometer: 2,344
I like the SE Adventure. Looks real good!
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #212
LOZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: dreamy spires of oxford UK
Oddometer: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente
Here's mine...
















detail's detail's we demand detail's.....loz
LOZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #213
rmhrc628
Beastly Adventurer
 
rmhrc628's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: The high country VIC
Oddometer: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell


Hey Mr Powercell can you please post details (or link if I missed it) to the mount you have for the 276?

I am very interested in the mount - looks mega durable and I like the lower porfile of the parts that hold the unit.

any detail shots would be appreciated.
rmhrc628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #214
PowerCell
SE990R
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,145
Not Available in Any Stores!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhrc628
Hey Mr Powercell can you please post details (or link if I missed it) to the mount you have for the 276?

I am very interested in the mount - looks mega durable and I like the lower porfile of the parts that hold the unit.

any detail shots would be appreciated.

I make them myself. A project not recommended for the timid. Requires completely dissasembling the 276C and installing 4 rivnuts in the housing.

But the results are worth it!!!
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #215
velcrometer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 53
Does anyone know when or if the 950 SE Ralley will be available in the states?
velcrometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:02 AM   #216
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,850
Working on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcrometer
Does anyone know when or if the 950 SE Ralley will be available in the states?
Despite it's production appearance... the 950 SuperEnduro Rallye is NOT a production model offered from KTM (maybe it should be??!)... It's a project we did as a feasability study to build a rally bike from the SuperEnduro as opposed to grafting mass kilo's (that's even more pounds for you US of A types ) off of the Adventure...

Engdahl Motorsports (Sweden) who helped me build the bike, will most likely be producing a kit for this in the future. For the moment the standard (awesome) 950 SuperEnduro R is available in da' U.S. of A through KTM Sportsmotorcycles as far as I'm aware... as well as the 990 Adventure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:23 AM   #217
Tim
Beastly Adventurer
 
Tim's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands, UK
Oddometer: 2,354
Gotta say that the Se Rally gets my vote

Oh yes, ....... and the SE looks better with graphics than without
__________________
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying........."Damn..We F*cked Up" - Anon.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:30 AM   #218
PeeBee
Giant leap for me!
 
PeeBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Holland
Oddometer: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-spot
yes, i have sold my totally black BMW 1200 GS !
I couldn't resist the orange disease.

I've bought a KTM 950 R superenduro.
(first female with a SE ????)

next week it's ready to ride. (akrapovic, handlebarrisers etc.)
sneak preview with my phone.


I can't wait....
That looks like a very familiar tile floor in Blackpants. Happy with the bike?

PeeBee (currently on my 4th KTM from that same dealer)
__________________
Riding a BMW C Evolution: visiting gas stations just for coffee
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:02 AM   #219
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool
 
troy safari carpente's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: f5ederation of scandwegia
Oddometer: 16,850
With the wheels in motion...

Got tired of looking at pictures of stationary motorcycles...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy John
"There is a difference between constructive criticism and plain rudeness."


Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:46 AM   #220
PowerCell
SE990R
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,145
Icarus would have been proud...

I clipped my Wings...

Here's a shot of my SE with shortend Wings. I removed 4" from each can.

The results have been excellent. New weight per can is 3.7lbs. Stronger bottom end with less hesitation, clean middle and no noticable change up top. A side benefit is less suseptability to damage when cart wheeled (as I discovered the other night... ). Very slight increase in exhaust note. I see this as a positive since I have so much trouble guaging the RPM.



PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 07:26 AM   #221
dhaynes
Alpha geek
 
dhaynes's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Three Forks,MT
Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente
Got tired of looking at pictures of stationary motorcycles...
That's a Photoshop job! Everyone knows a 950SE in motion always has at least a 30 foot long roost behind it!
dhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #222
DOD
idiot dirt rider
 
DOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell
I clipped my Wings...

Here's a shot of my SE with shortend Wings. I removed 4" from each can.

The results have been excellent. New weight per can is 3.7lbs. Stronger bottom end with less hesitation, clean middle and no noticable change up top. A side benefit is less suseptability to damage when cart wheeled (as I discovered the other night... ). Very slight increase in exhaust note. I see this as a positive since I have so much trouble guaging the RPM.


I'm assuming that you removed the cat converters. Care to share any details about this mod?
__________________
This is my only chance to assemble a disreputable past
DOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #223
PowerCell
SE990R
 
PowerCell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Southern Kalifornia
Oddometer: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOD
I'm assuming that you removed the cat converters. Care to share any details about this mod?
Those are Wings cans - no cats to begin with.
PowerCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:36 AM   #224
Jolly705 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jolly705's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Tri State Area
Oddometer: 2,344
A few action shots from the NJ Pine Barrens
Attached Images
 
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:37 AM   #225
Jolly705 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jolly705's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Tri State Area
Oddometer: 2,344
2....
Attached Images
 
Jolly705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014