Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #2341
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
I've got about 20,000 miles on my SuperEnduro (got one of the first to arrive in the U.S.). I use it mostly in the dirt.

I don't give a shit what it looks like. It is a military grade jungle assault weapon. If you want pretty, the SuperDuke R is much prettier. And better suited for the street right out of the box.!
Well GOOD FOR YOU!!

Maybe your actual point isnt as "Im a bad M-F'er" esque as it seems. But it sure reads that way to me.

I dont recal mentioning that I was interested in the orange plastic because they were better looking. I suppose that (using your logic) my bike would somehow be less military grade capable if that were the case .

I thought the forum was a location to exchange info and knowledge. Thankfully not everyone feels compelled to measure testosterone levels via their posts.

Or maybe I am just a wee bit uptight because my beast has been parked for a month waiting for the dealership to get me a new subframe???? ,,,, If this is the case well...............NEVERMIND
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #2342
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,370
No worry mate - you learn to ignore certain posts/users after a while ...
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #2343
firebolter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
I don't give a shit what it looks like. It is a military grade jungle assault weapon. If you want pretty, the SuperDuke R is much prettier. And better suited for the street right out of the box.
Okay, and better suited for the street is a relative term. My definition of the "street" is lots of paved road with hardpack and jeep roads thrown in on alot of my normal rides. The tarded SE is much better suited for this kinda of riding than a street suspension and clearance like the SM's have. Not to mention, urban commuting where you jump curbs, cut across lots and other such fun, again is much better suited to SE suspension vice stock SM. The 950/990 SM is more of a pure street bike and not a "part street/part dirt" like a REAL Motard is. Each to his own Doc..................
2006 Husky SM610+71 BSA 250 Trials
2011 Beta 300 2T Lim Ed+ 74 RL250 Suzi
firebolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #2344
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper
Well GOOD FOR YOU!!

Maybe your actual point isnt as "Im a bad M-F'er" esque as it seems. But it sure reads that way to me.

I dont recal mentioning that I was interested in the orange plastic because they were better looking. I suppose that (using your logic) my bike would somehow be less military grade capable if that were the case .

I thought the forum was a location to exchange info and knowledge. Thankfully not everyone feels compelled to measure testosterone levels via their posts.

Or maybe I am just a wee bit uptight because my beast has been parked for a month waiting for the dealership to get me a new subframe???? ,,,, If this is the case well...............NEVERMIND

I think you're being a little sensitive and totally mis read his post. I think Doc's point was seeing the SE in action, not in the dealer lot looking pretty.
Everyone uses their stuff for different things, I use mine as a dirt bike and you might use it as a commuter.... its cool, just different.

Personally, I don't care about plastics and the latest gadget, but I sure won't fault you for it and I don't think Testosterone is a factor one way or the other. Get on your SE and ride it is the point.....

Oh and feel free to ignore me if that's what Mooky things you should do
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #2345
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,717
Perhaps Doc was being a little sensitive, the guy can use his bike for whatever he wants without someone being critical, who said it was sitting at a dealers looking pretty, he uses if for what he wants ...... IMHO
Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #2346
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,534
Tension in the OC :)

Winter's pent up energy is starting to boil. Ride what you got the way you want to. Back on topic, let's those SE's !!!!!!!!

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #2347
JOKER650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99
Tension in the OC :)

Winter's pent up energy is starting to boil. Ride what you got the way you want to. Back on topic, let's those SE's !!!!!!!!
OK...
My SE at the truck races...no thats not me !

OK...
1 more.
The same weekend, the next day... the kid on his first maden voyage on my old DR6-fiddy.

Just for the record.
My SE sees alot of dirt and I don't mind it getting dirty....

Nope... thats not me either

But it's my dsily commuter also
unless it's snowing

And I don't mind her when she's shiney either.
Nope...still not me.

Mmmm.....SHINEY.

This is me......
enjoying working on my SE the second time off road.
Someone forgot to plug in the fan temp sender on the rad.

HI

No matter how u use your SE... the bike just ROCKS

Over 2000 plated dirt riders...Digg'n up the dirt every other day, all over BC

http://www.dualsportbc.com/

JOKER650 screwed with this post 03-01-2010 at 10:04 PM
JOKER650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #2348
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,493
New lights:

Now I just need some time to get her dirty:

Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 AM   #2349
Stobie
Mr. Motivated

Oddometer: 1,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft
Nothing more depressing than an SE stuck on street duty
Yeah, there is. Like an SE with the front end off for new steering head bearings and plugged into a float charger--for 6 weeks--while the owner works 12-16 hours a day...

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them.

-Albert Einstein
Stobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #2350
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stobie
Yeah, there is. Like an SE with the front end off for new steering head bearings and plugged into a float charger--for 6 weeks--while the owner works 12-16 hours a day...
Aww man, that does suck. If I was local, I would do it for you
Old 03-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #2351
Stobie
Mr. Motivated

Quote:
Aww man, that does suck. If I was local, I would do it for you
I knew you were a bud.

Hijack: Didn't you have an '00 640 Adv, a blue one? Didn't you get it from razor1?

I did "The Bearing" on that bike.

-Albert Einstein
Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #2352
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
I knew you were a bud.

Hijack: Didn't you have an '00 640 Adv, a blue one? Didn't you get it from razor1?

I did "The Bearing" on that bike.
Hell yea, Loved that bike! I did the Alcan rally on it in 2004 and then I sold to a guy in NC. Did the full circle thing The SE has been a revelation though, its the perfect bike for me and I love it more and more everyday. Sometimes when I'm heading out to a jib, I'll stop and stare at it in my shop for a few minutes....... Sad huh?

Are you close to Asheville? I have a good buddy that also has an SE and we like to assault the local riding and we could always use another SE in the mix
Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #2353
booniebasher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
i love your bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell

I think i understand the frustration of some, they just are not comunicating corectly, these bikes are so awesome, I myself wonder how one would fly, it xould be cool to see someone doing a whip on it, or stuffing it into a berm, wheeling out of it. you just want to see it because the bike just looks so bitchin. You guys gotta be pasionate about the sport to say the least, fools dish on you. any of you tough talkers can come and ride with me in laughlin nevada anytime, I love to ride hardcore singletrack etc, i have and have made 1000,s of miles of it. as brutal as you want. and i love getting my ass kicked. i would love to helmet cam a 950 tailgating him and showing what the bike is capable of, comon larry lets do it !!!!!!!
booniebasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #2354
Stobie
Mr. Motivated

Quote:
Hell yea, Loved that bike! I did the Alcan rally on it in 2004 and then I sold to a guy in NC. Did the full circle thing The SE has been a revelation though, its the perfect bike for me and I love it more and more everyday. Sometimes when I'm heading out to a jib, I'll stop and stare at it in my shop for a few minutes....... Sad huh?
I do that. I can't go out in the garage without staring at her. I often sit in a folding chair next to her and drink a beer while I watch the sun go down.

Quote:
Are you close to Asheville? I have a good buddy that also has an SE and we like to assault the local riding and we could always use another SE in the mix
I'm about 2 hrs east of Asheville. I'm game if I don't need to work.

-Albert Einstein
Old 03-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #2355
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
I do that. I can't go out in the garage without staring at her. I often sit in a folding chair next to her and... watch the sun go down...
I do the same too. My Esposa says im Obsessed with both of the Orange Two Wheeled Weapons in my arsenal . I agree
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote