Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #15016
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
I tried a 908 Rally Raid front and tore the valve stem twice. Both times I thught it felt a little soft, stopped to measure and it has zero. You don't even need a ture in that thing.

I have been running 606 rear. That is what we recomend for Mex2Can. It has been the best wearing tire we have noticed. I have been getting 2-2.5k on them.
Jerry, have you had the 908 front on the highway in Socal? We have that grooved pavement that is different from EVERYWHERE else. Some tires just plain suck with it and others are fine. I may go back to a 908 front, but only if it's OK on the socal freeway.

On a side note, it's nice you can ride the 908 front flat, cuz that thing's a B*tch to change!!!!
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 AM   #15017
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
I've decided to try a T63 rear this time. And if it is as good as everyone says, I will buy a brand new set in the spring. Here, I can get the whole set for what a rear 608 or MT21 costs alone! Shoot, I might just buy a couple sets at once since that would be like getting a single set of MTs or 608s.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:14 AM   #15018
LRPct
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
I tried a 908 Rally Raid front and tore the valve stem twice. Both times I thught it felt a little soft, stopped to measure and it has zero. You don't even need a ture in that thing.

I have been running 606 rear. That is what we recomend for Mex2Can. It has been the best wearing tire we have noticed. I have been getting 2-2.5k on them.

I like the 606 as well, but jeez... I'd love to know how you guys get a couple thousands miles outa any rear on the 610. I've tried about 5 different rears, my favs the 43 and the 606, but no matter which one it always ends up a slick around 1,000 miles of 50/50 riding. I guess I spin it up a lil too much maybe.
LRPct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #15019
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct
I like the 606 as well, but jeez... I'd love to know how you guys get a couple thousands miles outa any rear on the 610. I've tried about 5 different rears, my favs the 43 and the 606, but no matter which one it always ends up a slick around 1,000 miles of 50/50 riding. I guess I spin it up a lil too much maybe.

It is VERY different pounding the crap out of it on a weekend, VS taking a trip on it like MextoCan. I just did LA to Cabo (about 1200 miles) and the 606 looks fine, it could easilly do it again. A couple weekends racing with buds and it may be done...
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 AM   #15020
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
But but but how the heck do you do that with a 908 rear??

When I rode it I had too much traction, if that's even such a thing. It just did not want to spin loose on a turn.

It also rubbed the exhaust badly,

it also wobbled like a bastard on our grooved freeways putting the bike into a tank slapper at about 70.

I do like the 908 front if'n you are gonna do dirt to Cabo or something and then you have basically a run-flat. But I really hated the combo on the 610 and I'm sure I cannot be the pickiest guy here...
Have you tried the 908E ? I found it to be awesome!
Ex 950ADV
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #15021
LRPct
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic

It is VERY different pounding the crap out of it on a weekend, VS taking a trip on it like MextoCan. I just did LA to Cabo (about 1200 miles) and the 606 looks fine, it could easilly do it again. A couple weekends racing with buds and it may be done...

maybe that's it. When it's above 40 degrees outside I'm pretty much twisting the grip like it's the last time I'll ride it. During the summer months I'm able to do that like 5 - 6 days a week..
Old 01-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #15022
JRCarp
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Question Geeks Footpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek

I give up.

I went after my footpeg bolts with a torch and the $40 extractor and did nothing but wear out the extractor and didn't bulge either bolt.

Time to find someone who can weld it on.

Geek, did you ever get your footpeg straightened out?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #15023
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCarp
Geek, did you ever get your footpeg straightened out?

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #15024
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,025
Yup! I went the easy route and got a friend who's a professional welder to stick that baby back on.

He's welding is so clean it looks like that is how it came from the factory
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #15025
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,449
What aftermarket items?

Just got done with a Baja trip (rode with xymotic) and have a list of repairs that I need to do.

What size spoke wrench fits the 610's spoke nipples?

What is a good aftermarket replacement rear fender/mudguard (the white fender is fine) that incorporates a tail/brake lamp?

What wonderful product removes asphalt? I'd have tried several already but my garage is too cold to attempt it. Mud & Bug remover; brake/parts cleaner; diesel, gasoline, and WD-40 come to mind.

Thanks (& thanks to my 610 for holding up to all the abuse that Baja dished out.)

Y
Old 01-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #15026
LRPct
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
Just got done with a Baja trip (rode with xymotic) and have a list of repairs that I need to do.

What is a good aftermarket replacement rear fender/mudguard (the white fender is fine) that incorporates a tail/brake lamp?

What wonderful product removes asphalt? I'd have tried several already but my garage is too cold to attempt it. Mud & Bug remover; brake/parts cleaner; diesel, gasoline, and WD-40 come to mind.

Thanks (& thanks to my 610 for holding up to all the abuse that Baja dished out.)

Y
I have the motion pro 6.5 and 6.8 spoke wrench. Can't rmember which end I use and I'd have to dig a path through the snow to the garage to find out. Think it's the 6.8 though..
Glad you guys had a good, safe trip, it kills me that I couldn't make that one. Hopefully this year will be better.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #15027
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
Baja Designs has a nice tailight replacement unit incorporating the tailight and brake light. I have about 7,000 miles on mine with no issues.

There's roads and there's roads and they call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth and roads of the spirit. The best roads of all are the ones that aren't certain. One of those is where you'll find me till they drop the big curtain. Bruce Cockburn
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #15028
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,493
Quote:

Y
Gunk Engine Degreaser
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #15029
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Got to ride yesterday, man, the TE is running killer. Even at 7420ft it is easy to pull second thru third wheelies.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #15030
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Y

Yeah,

UM

my list is a little longer

Broke my subframe & fender and most of the other plastics in the area need help (rubbed chewed etc)
DRC brake light is messed up
bent front rotor
broke speedo wire
crack in lynx
Broke Lynx Windscreen
bent handlebars riser bolts and top clamp
Mushy rear brake
Cracked my Shoei and completely broke my brain

Has anybody had the subframe repaired and reinforced? Anybody had a small tank put in the back Dakar style?

Sadly, I think I come in Second to the other guy whose main bearing went out

Yoss, I have the DRC light and it fits good, but the Baja one is brighter.
I added the whelan police LED strobe as a brake light. The thing is SOOOOOO bright I think I'm gonna ditch the whole thing and add a second one. One always on and one strobing to brake.

I think I'm just gonna bend a piece of Aluminium to fit.
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale