Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #15046
JRCarp
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Yup! I went the easy route and got a friend who's a professional welder to stick that baby back on.

He's welding is so clean it looks like that is how it came from the factory

Bummer you had to do it that way but at least it worked out for ya
At least you won't have to worry about it ever coming off again and if you bend it, it's nothing a new peg and grinder cant fix in the long run.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #15047
edeslaur
San Diegan

Oddometer: 445
One of you should have 3 wheels.

Ride reports:
- 10 Mar Baja
- 08 Feb Baja
- 07 Aug West coast PDX->SAN
- More!
edeslaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #15048
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,994
Chain Roller gone

I broke a footpeg bolt today.

While working on it I noticed a broken boss on the frame about 6" above the shifter. I assume there was a chain roller there, can't remember, but nothing now!

Anyone have any experience with no roller?

My battery box has been broken from subframe for a year or so, it just hangs from fender, no problem yet.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #15049
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgroom
I am looking to buy the Baja Designs taillight assembly. At the same time I want to downsize the turn signals. Anyone use the flush mounted LED's for on road use? The BD web site states they are not DOT approve, would I be better off with the mini-stalks? I ride the bike to work once in a while in city/freeway traffic.
UVO Tail/Turn light works for me.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #15050
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,624
FINALLY taking my bike into Hall's in the next couple weekends to get the EFI remapped. Bought the bike uncorked with Uptite's goodies and a Leo slipon. Called Hall's and service guy said they have 7 maps that "usually" work and they tweak it from there if need be. Would it be worth it to call George and get his $0.02 so I look like I know what I am talking about when I go in there?

It's a ~4 hour one way trip for an hours worth of labor, so I want to be prepared and not waste any of their time.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #15051
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
FINALLY taking my bike into Hall's in the next couple weekends to get the EFI remapped. Bought the bike uncorked with Uptite's goodies and a Leo slipon. Called Hall's and service guy said they have 7 maps that "usually" work and they tweak it from there if need be. Would it be worth it to call George and get his $0.02 so I look like I know what I am talking about when I go in there?

It's a ~4 hour one way trip for an hours worth of labor, so I want to be prepared and not waste any of their time.
Set aside an hour and call George. He'll not only help you, he'll be glad you called him.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #15052
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
Set aside an hour and call George. He'll not only help you, he'll be glad you called him.
I have heard he is a talker. I might be able to get more details as to what all the PO bought and installed on this bike. Sometimes it's good to buy it already done, but sometimes I like knowing what is what and how it all works....

Thanks
Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #15053
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
I broke a footpeg bolt today.

While working on it I noticed a broken boss on the frame about 6" above the shifter. I assume there was a chain roller there, can't remember, but nothing now!

Anyone have any experience with no roller?

My battery box has been broken from subframe for a year or so, it just hangs from fender, no problem yet.
Yep, it's gone, so is mine. Has been for about 3K miles. BTW, I'm supposed to be getting a NEW frame because of it under warranty. I keep hearing the frame is in Italy still. No damage from not having it yet. I do worry about the case getting slapped by the chain someday.

Weld the footpegs on, that is the first thing I'm doing when I get the new frame.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #15054
papsck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Here are some pictures of my Husqvarna/VMC road registered sidecar outfit which I use for enduros and for greenlaning (trail riding) with my girlfriend (who lets me out to play on it as often as I like with no hassle!). Lucky me!

Paul

papsck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #15055
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Well my local (30 miles away) BMW dealer might be able to remap it. Waiting on a call back from the tech there that sounded promising in a voice mail. saves me a 4+ hr road trip....
Old 01-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #15056
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Well my local (30 miles away) BMW dealer might be able to remap it. Waiting on a call back from the tech there that sounded promising in a voice mail. saves me a 4+ hr road trip....
Old 01-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #15057
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by papsck
Here are some pictures of my Husqvarna/VMC road registered sidecar outfit which I use for enduros and for greenlaning (trail riding) with my girlfriend (who lets me out to play on it as often as I like with no hassle!). Lucky me!

Paul

How well do those leading link forks wrok when the hack is off the bike? Are they as heavy as they look? How much do they weigh compared to stock, and where did you find leading links for a Husky?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #15058
LRPct
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Whoever does it, make sure they or you actually ride it a couple times while it's warmed up after they tune with it. Thats the biggest part of it. Every bike is different. Thats why experience where to start and what direction to head with the iBeat is key. Personally I'd go with who ever has the most experience with the iBeat and Husky's even if it's a longer trip. But then again, I'm one that drove 7,000 + miles round trip to have George do it and ride a couple days od Baja... It was worth every mile though..
LRPct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #15059
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct
Whoever does it, make sure they or you actually ride it a couple times while it's warmed up after they tune with it. Thats the biggest part of it. Every bike is different. Thats why experience where to start and what direction to head with the iBeat is key. Personally I'd go with who ever has the most experience with the iBeat and Husky's even if it's a longer trip. But then again, I'm one that drove 7,000 + miles round trip to have George do it and ride a couple days od Baja... It was worth every mile though..
I am not ruling out making the road trip at all and I understand your views as mine are very similar.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #15060
papsck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
The sidecar isnt removable it is a one piece chassis that has been modified to fit the Husqvarna parts.The chassis is a three year old one called a VMC made in Holland.Yes the front end weighs more than conventional forks but they stand up to the rigours of sidecar racing better.
papsck is offline   Reply With Quote