User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #15091
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
LostRider,

Makes me sad just seeing the damage to your bike!

Geek,

Thanks for posting the article, interesting to see the strength of sales for Husky.

There's roads and there's roads and they call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth and roads of the spirit. The best roads of all are the ones that aren't certain. One of those is where you'll find me till they drop the big curtain. Bruce Cockburn
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #15092
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,100

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #15093
firefight100
Husky te610

Oddometer: 63
Eek

Quote:
Learning things the hard way... the only way I know how.

I could not wait one day for the water pump gasket to arrive in the mail, so I used liquid gasket stuff to seal it up. I was happy there were no leaks, but a couple of days later I kept looking at the factory gasket sitting on the shelf in the garage. Since the bike was still apart I talked myself into putting the factory gasket on. I kept thinking how pissed I'd be if I did not and got a leak out in the woods with banjos playing far off in the distance and getting closer and closer as I'm pushing the bike. After that thought I immediately pulled the pump off! Apparently the clearance in the water pump is so close that by not putting the factory gasket on the fins made contact with the pump housing and busted them off. When I screw something up I don't do it half assed, even the nut and part of the cam shaft busted off!
This has been done before. Either on here or over on SMJ.
Exact same thing with the exact same results. Look at msg 12632 on this board.
Polaris 400 Scrambler
250 HARLEY DAVIDSON
441 BSA VICTOR
72 250 X6 HUSTLER SUZUKI

Currently in Sunny Malabar Florida

firefight100 screwed with this post 01-15-2010 at 04:03 PM
firefight100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 PM   #15094
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBandi

DeBandi you sure do post some great pics.

Husky needs to hire you as part of their marketing team
Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 AM   #15095
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,258
DeBandi: Wide open in 3rd gear you should make it

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #15096
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,022
Nice pics DeBandi! I'd be a little nervous about my inadequate kickstand on that dock, therefore, you have balls...

Hey guys, just a note on the HDB handguard/riser setup. They are great, don't get me wrong, but I thought you guys need to know this when ordering, or you can tell me I have something backwards, but I don't think so. When I measured the stock bolt pattern on my top handlebar clamp, they were 93mm, so that's what I ordered. When I mounted the risers, it changed the bolt pattern to 86mm (which is the other option for the Husky), but since I ordered the 93mm upper clamp, I can't finish the install. I'm sure HDB will exchange it for me, I just thought I'd save you some time and money in shipping things back and forth to get it right. I know some of you have also ordered this set-up, so please tell me how you got it right the first time.

So my bike sits like a wounded bull until I can get this sorted...
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #15097
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Took me two tries too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub
Nice pics DeBandi! I'd be a little nervous about my inadequate kickstand on that dock, therefore, you have balls...

Hey guys, just a note on the HDB handguard/riser setup. They are great, don't get me wrong, but I thought you guys need to know this when ordering, or you can tell me I have something backwards, but I don't think so. When I measured the stock bolt pattern on my top handlebar clamp, they were 93mm, so that's what I ordered. When I mounted the risers, it changed the bolt pattern to 86mm (which is the other option for the Husky), but since I ordered the 93mm upper clamp, I can't finish the install. I'm sure HDB will exchange it for me, I just thought I'd save you some time and money in shipping things back and forth to get it right. I know some of you have also ordered this set-up, so please tell me how you got it right the first time.

So my bike sits like a wounded bull until I can get this sorted...
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #15098
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Took me two tries too
I didn't think about this last night, but I'm assuming I need to send back the handguards as well as the top clamp? The reason I say this is that if the bolt pattern is smaller, would that mean I need longer handguards to reach the clamp?

Also, did you need longer cables for anything?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #15099
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub
I didn't think about this last night, but I'm assuming I need to send back the handguards as well as the top clamp? The reason I say this is that if the bolt pattern is smaller, would that mean I need longer handguards to reach the clamp?

Also, did you need longer cables for anything?
I did not have to send back the handguards.

My cables all work, though my clutch is tighter than I'd like.
The clutch cable is just a bear no matter how you slice it. When I break this one I'm gonna order George's Hydraulic unit.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 01-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #15100
Husky Varmit
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 649
Hydraulic Clutch

Perfect timing XYMOTIC. It has been about a month since I put on one of the first (if not the first) customer released hydraulics from Uptite George. We were talking this afternoon and it crossed my mind that I haven't said a word about it since I posted the original installation info.

So, after a few hundred miles - IT'S FRIGGING FANTASTIC!!

Seriously, I have had 2 problems with it. The little adjuster plastic, thingamawhatzer for the master cylinder plunger has disappeared. Probably on Mustang Island, I think I even know which sand pile. And I had to re-shim the slave cylinder today, which may or may not be normal.

Other than that there is nothing I would change about it.

Oh yeah, the pressure line is long enough to put risers or higher bars w/o stretching it.
Husky Varmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #15101
KevinMTB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Xymotic

When I put my HDB handguards on I did have to go with a longer clutch cable, however I think mine is higher up since I put on a Scotts submount damper. One thing to watch out for though is the choke cable was a little too short and when I made a sharp turn, the rpm's increased (I ended up just disconnecting it since I never use it).
KevinMTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #15102
Boatman
Take me down bitch!

Oddometer: 10,030
Well it looks like my Husky won't be making it to the next Rally Moto.....

This....

Lead to this.....

I got together with a bunch of friends and we had a 1.1 mile road course layed out on the ice. Homemade tires were hooking up real good, on the 6th lap I came out of the last turn in 3rd, twisted the throttle and BAM!

I guess I need to decide what to do with the bike now. Can't wait to see what this is gonna cost.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs

Boatman screwed with this post 01-16-2010 at 09:45 PM
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #15103
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman

I guess I need to decide what to do with the bike now. Can't wait to see what this is gonna cost.
You might clean it up a bit, open up the cracks some (for more bonding surface) and try JB weld. What have you got to lose? Seems low risk to me. As long as there is enough support for the clutch shaft. Then see if you can put a clutch case saver on it so as to not pressure test the JB Weld repair.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #15104
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman

$1,600 in parts, and 17-20 hours of labor.

ask me how I know!

I went with "option B"

$.47 worth of quicksteel epoxy
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 01-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #15105
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I did not have to send back the handguards.

My cables all work, though my clutch is tighter than I'd like.
The clutch cable is just a bear no matter how you slice it. When I break this one I'm gonna order George's Hydraulic unit.
Great, thanks for the info!

I'm eyeing that hydraulic clutch too from Old Texan's thread. Any word on price?