Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #15166
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
I don't understand the point? We all know the stock chain is junk..throw it away and put a good chain on the bike..no need for a case saver IMHO.
Sure, we all know that now!!

George is pretty adamantly against them for getting stuff stuck in them. In my mind it's cheap insurance, even with a good chain, 'shit happens'
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #15167
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by edeslaur
BTW, anyone have pics of that case-saver working?

I'm worried it'll break out the bolts at the case mounts.
It's kinda like insurance, you hope to never have to use it, but I'll take broken case bolt mounts over a busted case any day. You'll find them on most enduro bikes.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #15168
LostRider
Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olas
The water pump gasket is what, 1 or 2 mm thick? Even if the gasket is missing you should be able to have some clearance between the impellers and the housing. My guess is the nut that holds the impeller was not on tight enough.
Something happened to bind the pump and I'm not sure what. I found the nut with the shaft still screwed into it in the lower hose, so now I need a cam shaft. Guess I throw a new cam chain in there too.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #15169
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
In my mind it's cheap insurance, even with a good chain, 'shit happens'
True, my 610 spit more masterlink clips of any bike I've ever owned. I cured that by carrying two spares...it never spit another one after that.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #15170
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by edeslaur
BTW, anyone have pics of that case-saver working?

I'm worried it'll break out the bolts at the case mounts.
Well, so far every broken chain I've seen broke the 2 mounts AND punched the case.

I'd agree just breaking off the bolts is better than putting a hole in the case.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #15171
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,708
clutch bushing for 08 te610

Does anyone know what size clutch bushing is needed for the te610 from these two choices in the parts diagram?

Thanks.

26 8000 72943 1 Bushing ( 26 mmx 23 mm) F.m.

26 1615 38802 1 Bushing ( 28 mmx 25 mm) D.m.

toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #15172
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchucker22
For those with the X2 light does both lights come on at the same time? Or is low one light and high another???? Thanks for the help.
No, one comes on for low beam, and one for high. I just installed mine the other day and asked the same thing, because I'd like them both on when in high beam. I was told that it might be a little too much for the bike's electrical system if I wanted to wire them both to come on in high, but that's over my head.
BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #15173
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,952
Back from post #9415....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler

Does anyone know what size clutch bushing is needed for the te610 from these two choices in the parts diagram?

Quote:
1615 38802 - Bushing ( 28 mmx 25 mm)
This was for a 2006 TE610.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #15174
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,708
Quote:
[/left]

This was for a 2006 TE610.
Thanks, I didn't find it with my search.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #15175
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub
No, one comes on for low beam, and one for high. I just installed mine the other day and asked the same thing, because I'd like them both on when in high beam. I was told that it might be a little too much for the bike's electrical system if I wanted to wire them both to come on in high, but that's over my head.
I decided to run both the electrical system should be more than enough for a 4" and a 2" HID I'm not running anything else electrical.Some people have 8" lights, others heated vest,grips and aftermarket lights. Did you make extensions for the rubber fork straps? Thanks for the reply.
rockchucker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #15176
LostRider
Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
I broke my speedo sensor wire in Baja. So, I ordered a replacement and was swapping the two when I realized I'd removed the broken unit without first looking on the wheel side of the caliper to see if it extended any. Figures.

So, anyone want to take a peek at their speedo sensor head, and see if it pokes through the caliper or sits flush with the caliper? I'm looking for a ballpark, like "extends 2 full threads" or some such. It's item 7 in the image below.

Thanks in advance.

Mine looks to be flush with the Caliper but because I did not take the Caliper off it could be resessed. one thing I did notice is that the magnet one the wheel will actually move when it passes the sensor.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #15177
BeeDub
Havagoowan

Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchucker22
I decided to run both the electrical system should be more than enough for a 4" and a 2" HID I'm not running anything else electrical.Some people have 8" lights, others heated vest,grips and aftermarket lights. Did you make extensions for the rubber fork straps? Thanks for the reply.
Oh, you got the HID one? I got the halogen since it is "legal" and cheaper, should probably be okay, it's a lot brighter than stock, though I haven't actually ridden it yet.

Yes, I made extentions from metal brackets I got at the hardware store. I couldn't find the brackets I wanted by themselves, so I had to buy the U-bolts they came with, but it was cheap. I had to grind the holes out on one side of each to accept the rubber nubbin. A Dremel made this easy, but a little time consuming. The washers are a bit large, but again, they were the only ones I found that would work (sort of a small hardware store).

BeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #15178
miketv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
True, my 610 spit more masterlink clips of any bike I've ever owned. I cured that by carrying two spares...it never spit another one after that.
+1 same thing happened to me
miketv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #15179
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler
Thanks, I didn't find it with my search.

Yeah, it was the larger of the two...MotoXotica stocks that bushing.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #15180
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDub
Oh, you got the HID one? I got the halogen since it is "legal" and cheaper, should probably be okay, it's a lot brighter than stock, though I haven't actually ridden it yet.

Yes, I made extentions from metal brackets I got at the hardware store. I couldn't find the brackets I wanted by themselves, so I had to buy the U-bolts they came with, but it was cheap. I had to grind the holes out on one side of each to accept the rubber nubbin. A Dremel made this easy, but a little time consuming. The washers are a bit large, but again, they were the only ones I found that would work (sort of a small hardware store).

Awesome thank you! I took her out for a quick spin in the rain and snow last night because I couldn't wait to see the light. The HID is sooooo bright
rockchucker22 is offline   Reply With Quote