User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM   #1546
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
Electrical stuff for big lights

Go to google and have it find a website called eastern beaver. He's a canadian guy selling electrical bits out of Japan. Read up on using his minature relays to power big headlights. His suggestions are simple. Use the existing HI/lo wiring to trigger minature high amperage relays. Then create a fat large gage feed wire (fused right at the battery)directly from the battery to the area behind the headlight. That minimizes voltage drops, and takes the "strain" off the existing system in terms of amperage. When & if I find the headlight of my dreams for the 610, this is the wiring route I'll take. The husky wiring is pitiful. I've seen similar tricks done on pass cars for rally stuff...you'd be amazed what 1 volt improvement does to brighten a headlight. For example, an F150 electrical system runs at about 14.1 volts...but out at the headlight, with skimpy wiring like Husky...it's 13 or less.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #1547
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,433
regarding running all of the vent lines up...that might work fine especially if you don't jump, you will notice two of them are lowers, and two upppers, as they exit the carb. They are in pairs, I believe teed together and the design is for one set to go down (lowers) to drain, and the other set to go up and vent. Old dirt bikes had fewer vent lines, but would bog on jump landings due to fuel momentarilly plugging the lines and preventing proper pressure equalization...and the Tee fittings with extra lines was the remedy.

Of course, emissions regs say that none of this can vent to the atmosphere directly, at lest in california.
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #1548
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
I tried a thread search, but it's not working right now, so I'll ask: What's the idle speed supposed to be? Once my bike's warmed up, it's idling 2500-2600 rpm. This seems excessive to me, but I thought I'd ask the group. I couldn't find any reference in the owners manual other than how to adjust it.

Anyone?

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #1549
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambie
I tried a thread search, but it's not working right now, so I'll ask: What's the idle speed supposed to be? Once my bike's warmed up, it's idling 2500-2600 rpm. This seems excessive to me, but I thought I'd ask the group. I couldn't find any reference in the owners manual other than how to adjust it.

Anyone?

Cheers,
Tom
Way too high. Bring her down to between 1400-1600 rpm and she'll love you for it.
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #1550
sethro
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambie

Anyone?

Cheers,
Tom
1695 -1700, that will fix ya right up

Sethro
Flagstaff AZ 928-600-6768
www.tecrehab.com
sethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:19 PM   #1551
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,433
so far i'm chasing mine a bit, it wanders around...can let it sit there and idle, and it goes up and down enough to easilly hear it. Not a big concern, and jetting quite sorted yet.
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:07 AM   #1552
Xfool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
If you idle is drifting you may have a “hanging idle” caused by a lean condition in the idle circuit. To fix that you need to get a screw driver on the fuel mixture screw on the bottom front of the carburetor and back the fuel mixture screw out 1/8 to ¼ turns.

Backing the fuel screw out 1/8 turn on my bike also fixed the 4500 rpm lean surge that many people here have complained about on the TE610.
Xfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 AM   #1553
sethro
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by motometal
so far i'm chasing mine a bit, it wanders around...can let it sit there and idle, and it goes up and down enough to easilly hear it. Not a big concern, and jetting quite sorted yet.
2 lean, adjust fuel screw or change pilot jet

Sethro
Flagstaff AZ 928-600-6768
www.tecrehab.com
sethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #1554
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Although the suggested idle adjust was not addressed to me, I'll make it and ride Sat and Sun & find out. Mine seems to do that, but I blamed it on low mileage (I'm only up to 300 or so). The carb is untouched at the moment...but I have all the bits suggested to make the carb spectacular...but am too lazy to do it.

By the way I have a spare Utah sport bashplate...new...cheap...just PM me!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #1555
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Ed,
First in line about the skid plate. PM'd you.

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:43 PM   #1556
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus
A picture of my Husky with the Buell headlight, I like the way it looks, will hopefully find out how much better it is at night in the next few days

Forgive me for not having a 610 LOL, but you guys might like to do the conversion.
P.S. click on pic for larger view
Update on the Buell light
It makes a huge difference between the factory 35 watt light & 55 watt on the Buell, I'm quite happy with the modification & the price wasn't too bad, not as good as what I hear you guys in the States get, but not bad at all

Now I have a question for those in the know,,,,, Is the 07 rear rack under support the same as the 06??? For some reason the 07's are in stock, the 06's are on back order
I would have figured they'd be the same with identical part #'s

TIA

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #1557
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,648
Anybody notice the play in the clutch basket? I've got the side cover off to check the nut that doesn't get tightened and don't like the amount of play in the bushing for the clutch basket.

Valves checked right on, pain to get to. A bazillion rub points on everything, wiring pinched under radiator mount, radiator hoses with spots that will rub though given time. I don't have time right now for a full go through, but these things need it bad. Oh yeah, rear brake hose will rub through on the case if you don't do something about it.

I think I have the air filter problem cured. The split hose I put on the filter cage is putting enough pressure on the filter to make a seal.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #1558
Jakester
Homme du Nord

Oddometer: 34
[quote=jambie]I tried a thread search, but it's not working right now, so I'll ask: What's the idle speed supposed to be?

Jambie - Just a mention about your high idle......It's pretty easy to accidently pull out the red "hot start" choke knob and not notice it. It will stay in the "pulled out" position and cause a high idle, and some low speed surging.
Jakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #1559
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

I flipped thru the owners manual...to find NADA!! on idle speed!
Old 08-29-2007, 05:04 PM   #1560
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Halogen bulb for husky

IF the stock TE610 bulb base is a BA20D......and it for sure is an oddball, I found 2 bulbs of interest at www.mopedshop.com.
a 45/40 watt conventional bulb, $6.60, and a 45/40 halogen bulb, $17.60.
My seat of the pants bets it's better than stock, but probably not too hot to melt the reflector unless you plod along at trials speeds in hot weather. That'll be my stopgap till I get busy on the Buell Uli setup!