User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2007, 05:10 PM   #1561
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,451
Moped shop turn sognals & 60/60W bulb

I forgot to mention....Husky 610 turn signals are the same as my F650GS Dakar BMW...but at the moped shop, you can buy a set of 4 TOMOS (Italian) turn signals, same style as BMW & Husky, for $37.95. ONE from BMW is $35!!!!

They also have a 60/60 W BA20D base headlight bulb, $6.60...but I'd bet that puppy would melt your reflector anytime except winter!!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #1562
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford
I flipped thru the owners manual...to find NADA!! on idle speed!
it's on one of the grey emissions stickers on the bike
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #1563
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,451
DUH!!! Yup, the sticker under the seat. 1500 to probably 1600 RPM. The screw goes thru the top of what looks like a 6 or an 8. It's got valve lash, spark timing and other tidbits I didn't read.
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #1564
motometal
i like motorcycles

Somewhere around 1200 it gets low enough to start clacking, and above 2000 just seems too high so in between there
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 PM   #1565
BigAls
oldinidaho

Oddometer: 167
oil change

I'm kind of curious what type of oil and oil weight is being used in the 610. I just changed my oil and filter for the first time at 400 miles and put in a 20-50 blend. The manual is a little vague about recommendations. As I recall it says use a 10-60?

Finally checked my valves, and like everyone told me they would be, they were well within spec. I won't be doing that again for awhile.

Dirt Bagz and Wolfman Enduro tankbag coming, thanx Big Dog.

Will be going to TKC -80's as soon as the Karoo's are worn out.

Al
BigAls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 AM   #1566
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,454
Abanta,

The oil question has been beat up pretty good. Seriously, I'd run whatever and change it often. Personally I've used Mobil 1 15W-50 for awhile and like it just fine. Never heard of ANY motors blowing up because an owner put in Pennzoil instead of Amsoil. The point is make sure there is oil in it and you'll be good to go.

Let the games begin.
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 AM   #1567
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
I checked the hot start knob and it's in, so I adjusted the idle down to 1600 r's. Still getting instantaneous throttle response, and having kept it below 5500 r's during break-in, haven't noticed any surging or dead spots.

I called Uptite about their skid plate, and he said he ought to have them available starting next week $$$$$

I ordered a Ray Halogen headlight, so that'll be going on this weekend, along with the Pastrana bars and Scotts clamp. And Fastway pegs. And Wolfman Enduro tankbag. And...

It never ends!

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #1568
BigAls
oldinidaho

Oddometer: 167
Oil

Thanks for the response. I guess the question I meant to ask is synthetic or mineral. I know this oil thing was kicked around early one, but I thought maybe as we all accumulate mileage thoughts might change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky123
Abanta,

The oil question has been beat up pretty good. Seriously, I'd run whatever and change it often. Personally I've used Mobil 1 15W-50 for awhile and like it just fine. Never heard of ANY motors blowing up because an owner put in Pennzoil instead of Amsoil. The point is make sure there is oil in it and you'll be good to go.

Let the games begin.
BigAls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #1569
hahmule
Balding Gloriously

Oddometer: 606
Jambie

Jambie, please post when the skid plate for the 610 becomes available from George. I was about to order the one from Utah, but would prefer the lighter one (hopefully) from George. Got tired of emailing him though.

Better to be a fast mule than a slow race horse.
hahmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:00 AM   #1570
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer

For those of you with the Leo Vince slip-on on your TE610, is that the same one for the SM610? The LV site only shows one for the SM.

Also, my '07 TE has two heat shields, and I'm wondering if you can still keep the rear one with the LV pipe. If not, it looks like a passenger would get an awfully warm left leg...

One more thing: does the LV pipe have a USFS approved spark arrestor? What about how loud it is with the inserts intalled compared to the stocker?

Cheers,
Tom
Old 08-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #1571
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambie
For those of you with the Leo Vince slip-on on your TE610, is that the same one for the SM610? The LV site only shows one for the SM.

Don't have it yet,but I understand this is one and the same for the TE.

Also, my '07 TE has two heat shields, and I'm wondering if you can still keep the rear one with the LV pipe. If not, it looks like a passenger would get an awfully warm left leg...

Haven't seen any with the LV that retained stock heat shield.
Yes, could be roasty toasty!

One more thing: does the LV pipe have a USFS approved spark arrestor?

Yes.

What about how loud it is with the inserts intalled compared to the stocker?

About the same at idle, a little louder when you get on it.

Tons of info on these mods & others on the net at Supermotojunkie and Thumpertalk sites.

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 AM   #1572
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,529
Let me know if you try to order one (LEO VINCE). . . . .

Anyone??????

Some of the Kalifornia SM610 boys recently said they were backordered & they're having to wait for the factory to get them done ship them out to places like Motoexotica, etc.

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:09 AM   #1573
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer

Thumpertalk store said there were two in the warehouse. I got one...

Lokking at the pics, it looks like I might be able to mount the rear heat shield to the front cf strap on the LV. I'll have to check it out when I get it. Anybody that's got one think this will work?

Cheers,
Tom
Old 08-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #1574
auto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
N East husky riders

Any te guys from the NE.Sept 7,8and9 all husky week end cortland NY.Check out www.thumpertalk.com / husqvarna.If you ever owned a Husky it's a must be their event.
auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:37 PM   #1575
motometal
i like motorcycles

jambie, you are about to find out how this works with the Leo Vince...rear strap looks like it won't line up, but will. You lose about 2 lbs...not as much as I had hoped, but still helps. With smallest/quietest insert but no screen, it's got a nice reasonable exhaust note at idle and small throttle openings, but gets "significantly louder than stock" when you really open the throttle. Sounds nice, but is louder. And, louder yet with thte other (larger) inserts.

Yes Virginia, there is a significant increase in power in the midrange. Low end seems the same, although logic tells me it could be a bit softer since backpressure tends to help low end. Top end is probably better as well, but i'm not revving it so much since i'm still sorta breaking it in.

Regardless of heat shields, the pipe runs cooler than the stocker by far.