Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #15841
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomdude57
Another Seattle TE610 rider! Congratulations. I am going to take advantage of our El Nino weather and hit Tahuya tomorrow to get the TE a little dirty. Enjoy the bike.
Thanks for the congrats and have fun at Tahuya. I don't have enough time to get out there tomorrow but am planning on heading out towards North Fork and some of the south of I-90 stuff to see what is accessible.

A note to K7MDL, this is John who was minutes behind you at Tasky's when you bought your 610 if you remember.

John
John_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #15842
oregonsage
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Davis
If you look on the Trail Tech site, they sell a nice Husky graphic to go on your light for 10 bucks, and you can make the Honda red go away.
Hmmmm... I might just have to do that. I considered getting the sticker when I ordered the light, but thought nah ... Now it sounds like a good idea.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:32 AM   #15843
Steve Davis
Flyboy

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonsage
Hmmmm... I might just have to do that. I considered getting the sticker when I ordered the light, but thought nah ... Now it sounds like a good idea.
My light and sticker will be here next week. I'll let you know how it looks.
Steve Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #15844
ICBiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Idle speed adjustment is just a turn of the screw. It's kinda hard to see/get to with the air box on but once you know where to get to it's not that bad.
I have found the screw and have turned it at least 3 full turns CCW and it has not changed the RPM. This seems like a lot of adjustment for no response?
07 990 Adv
06 GL1800
ICBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #15845
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_L

A note to K7MDL, this is John who was minutes behind you at Tasky's when you bought your 610 if you remember.

John
I do, welcome to the Husky club! You will really enjoy your new bike I think. I am very happy with mine. Resuming my farkeling ....
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:24 AM   #15846
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL
I do, welcome to the Husky club! You will really enjoy your new bike I think. I am very happy with mine. Resuming my farkeling ....
What's left to do?! Satellite tv? Machine guns?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #15847
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
What is "extra bright"?
The BEST place to get replacement H4 (and other) bulbs is here:

http://store.candlepower.com/h4hb29003bulbs.html

(not affiliated, just a happy customer)

I use Osram Night Breaker H4 bulbs and they put out a LOT more light than "regular" H4 bulbs. Do NOT buy Sylvania Silver Star from your local auto supply store; they do not last and burn out in short order.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #15848
tagalong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Hand gaurd woes

Been looking over my 610 and testing the fit of some Cycra Pro Bends. It appears that the right side gaurd is going to be very close to blocking the key switch. I may have to relocate the switch, but before I do I'd like to hear what anyone else has done about this.
tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #15849
Rattletrap
When in doubt-Gas it

Oddometer: 302
I use Osram Night Breaker H4 bulbs and they put out a LOT more light than "regular" H4 bulbs. Do NOT buy Sylvania Silver Star from your local auto supply store; they do not last and burn out in short order.[/quote]

What if you get them from wal-mart?
Rattletrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #15850
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Mine is the same way. It's going to Halls tomorrow to get the EFI remapped and avoid being a cold blooded, sputtering bugger to what I hope will be smooth and be able to USE all the power this bike has. It's no where near that currently.

To my knowledge it's nothing you can do in the garage with a screwdriver. You need to get into the brains and reprogram it. I will post up here after I get this all taken care of tomorrow.
I turn my idle screw and it changes idle just fine. The bike is all stock.
toddler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:37 PM   #15851
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagalong
Been looking over my 610 and testing the fit of some Cycra Pro Bends. It appears that the right side gaurd is going to be very close to blocking the key switch. I may have to relocate the switch, but before I do I'd like to hear what anyone else has done about this.
If you are using Pro Bends I would recommend that you opt for the triple clamp mounts; they will not interfere with the switch, though it is a bit tight in there.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #15852
tagalong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
If you are using Pro Bends I would recommend that you opt for the triple clamp mounts; they will not interfere with the switch, though it is a bit tight in there.
Thanks. I may end up doing that, but it looks like I can cut a mounting bracket out of an old street sign and turn the switch sideways and mount to the upper fork pinch bolts. I haven't looked at it with the guards in place, so that may not work. Beautiful weather here tomorrow, so I'm riding, farkling can wait for later.
tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #15853
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Near Tucson - 68 degrees.
Attached Images

Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #15854
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler
I turn my idle screw and it changes idle just fine. The bike is all stock.
My bike is not stock and neither is the OP's. That might help some, but appears he is not having any luck

Halls fixed me up right. My water temp sensor was bad, tuned it and did some work on my throttle to the tune of $120 out the door. Bike runs WAY better and I am supper happy with that dealer and see why all reccomend them.
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #15855
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
What's left to do?! Satellite tv? Machine guns?

Almost done. Coming up before my Moab trip in April:

1. Highway Dirt Bikes handguards, mirrors, and underbar stabilizer mount, and steering stabilizer. I was impaled by my stock mirrors too many times.

2. D606 acquired today for the front. The D908 front only made it to 2600 miles.

3. Coolant temp sensor somewhere. Looking at drilling a hole in the top of the radiator and welding a nut (or weld a small bit of aluminum and drill and thread it). Threads from sensor included with the Trailtech Vapor look to be 3/8"-28, maybe 3/8-27 NPT.

4. New windsheild to replace the one I snapped off. Probably add a upper reatainer pin for severe offroad support.

5. Dirt tricks 47 and 15T sprockets and Z ring chain.

There is always more to do. When I am done, it is time for a new bike! In fact I was at Tasky's today (getting a replacment rear reflector - done - check) eyeballing the TE250. It is calling my name somethin' fierce.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote