ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #1636
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,452
Seems there is a LH as well and I'm guessing you need the matched pair . This might explain the high dollars mentioned in an earlier thread though this does include the optional grill cover. No, I haven't made the plunge and ordered yet. I love the look of the Buell lights, but need to get geared up for the install

The grille cover is a cheap ass thing that won't do much. HOWEVER, I looked the lightning over before I went to the parts counter. I would have sworn the PAIR of lights were one lump...inseparable. MAYBE the deal is you need the LH, the RH & the mount....that would come up with the $120 I was quoted. Has anyone seen a microfiche....with pictures?????

EDIT #1 Yah know...this bike is sold in UK & europe and US...one could be for folks who drive on the wrong side of the road, like England, and the "correct" side of the road...like USA

Edit #2 Go here: http://cjquinn.com/bandit/bandit.htm Look for yourself. The headlight is one lump. The part he has is Y0421.1ADA which is $64.32 @ surdyke. Scroll down to the picture where he shows his strap of aluminum that mounts underneath for headlight aiming. It shows in big white letters "USA". This is what we want. Headlamp mount....M0645.1ADA....I still do not understand what it's for...but $18...screw it, buy it!

Ed@Ford screwed with this post 09-07-2007 at 04:11 PM
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #1637
rajobigguy
rajobigguy
 
rajobigguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: so. cal
Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed@Ford
Seems there is a LH as well and I'm guessing you need the matched pair . This might explain the high dollars mentioned in an earlier thread though this does include the optional grill cover. No, I haven't made the plunge and ordered yet. I love the look of the Buell lights, but need to get geared up for the install

The grille cover is a cheap ass thing that won't do much. HOWEVER, I looked the lightning over before I went to the parts counter. I would have sworn the PAIR of lights were one lump...inseparable. MAYBE the deal is you need the LH, the RH & the mount....that would come up with the $120 I was quoted. Has anyone seen a microfiche....with pictures?????

EDIT #1 Yah know...this bike is sold in UK & europe and US...one could be for folks who drive on the wrong side of the road, like England, and the "correct" side of the road...like USA

Edit #2 Go here: http://cjquinn.com/bandit/bandit.htm Look for yourself. The headlight is one lump. The part he has is Y0421.1ADA which is $64.32 @ surdyke. Scroll down to the picture where he shows his strap of aluminum that mounts underneath for headlight aiming. It shows in big white letters "USA". This is what we want. Headlamp mount....M0645.1ADA....I still do not understand what it's for...but $18...screw it, buy it!
I believe you are on to something about the RH/LH designation. The way they are listed is R/H traffic or L/H traffic so the Euro vs. US idea makes perfect sense.

Roger
rajobigguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #1638
flan8tive
Flea Tibet!
 
flan8tive's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Center of the Humidiverse
Oddometer: 2,188
2008 Model Info

Gerald at Upstate Cycle has been really nice about sharing info as he gets it on the new 08 models...his dealer packet due out Aug 24th was delayed by BMW so they could add a few inserts, but he is expecting the dealer info "any day" now. He expects actual product in October.

PS Anybody care to hazard a guess on what my 2000 TE610 is worth? Recent IRC tires, battery, new airfilter, cooling system recently gone through, Ferrachi pipe, Moose bar and barkbusters, Utah Sport skid plate. 6600km. I have pics and will be posting in Flea Market. Does $2300 sound right?
__________________
07 950SE Sold. Not Forgotten...
07 TE510 Sold.

80 Z50R




flan8tive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #1639
PowerT
Beastly Adventurer
 
PowerT's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: L.A....Los Anchorage
Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by flan8tive
PS Anybody care to hazard a guess on what my 2000 TE610 is worth? Recent IRC tires, battery, new airfilter, cooling system recently gone through, Ferrachi pipe, Moose bar and barkbusters, Utah Sport skid plate. 6600km. I have pics and will be posting in Flea Market. Does $2300 sound right?
Sounds about right. Is it plated?
__________________
That’s the thing about traveling. If you’re looking for something, you can almost never find it. But if you are just open to what is there, it’s almost always awesome - Neduro

In spite of illness, In spite even of the archenemy sorrow, One can remain alive long past usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things and happy in small ways. - Edith Wharton


Need a smugmug coupon? Well here you go z0g48s072w1kE
PowerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #1640
flan8tive
Flea Tibet!
 
flan8tive's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Center of the Humidiverse
Oddometer: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerT
Sounds about right. Is it plated?
Yes. Plated, titled, turn signals, horn, etc.
__________________
07 950SE Sold. Not Forgotten...
07 TE510 Sold.

80 Z50R




flan8tive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #1641
Tuonoit
Tuonoit
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
I finally got the last mod done so I am reasonably happy with my TE610. I could not ride the stock bike because of seat height and suspension that would not move. I now have 4,000 miles with no serious problems except several missing bolts. Sprocket nuts are crap, use nylocks and/or locktight. Modifications in order of importance are

Dunlop 606 Rear, 739FA Front
Renazco Saddle "leather"
Softer Damping 2 1/2" lowered by ESP
Utah Skid Plate
Cyrca Guards
WER Damper
ICO Odometer with bike power
76C on RAM mount with bike power
Countdown Roll Chart Holder
Baja Designs H4 Headlight
Chase Harper Number Plate Bag
UFO Tail Light
Heated Grips
Leo Vince Slip On
JD Jetkit
1 less tooth on CS
MSR Fender Tube Bag
Blue Front Fender
Who / what is ESP you referred to in lowering your suspension by 2 1/2 inches? How much was Renazco
able to lower seat height from original?

Thanks,
John
__________________
________________________________
Need More Time

'04 BMW 1150 RT
'07 Aprilia Tuono Factory
'07 Husky TE 610
Tuonoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:14 PM   #1642
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuonoit
Who / what is ESP you referred to in lowering your suspension by 2 1/2 inches? How much was Renazco
able to lower seat height from original?

Thanks,
John

Exceptional Suspension Products
http://www.espsuspension.com/

The seat is wider, don't think it is any lower.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #1643
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA, Earth
Oddometer: 290
Well, I ran out of gas today! I had the left petcock closed - that is, screwed in all the way cw looking at it from below. That moved the screw knob up.

When I ran out of gas, I thought if I turned that petcock ccw (again looking from below, or turning the knob to move it down) I would get the remaining gas from the lower left side of the tank as useable fuel.

No go.
Pushed it 2+ miles home, put some gas in it, and it started right up.. The owners manual says only that the left petcock is an "ancillary" valve, and must be open. That's all it says. Is screwed in all the way cw actually the open position? That would seem very counterintuitive, but then again, it is Italian...

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:56 AM   #1644
larryboy
Leisurely Liar
 
larryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: On a set of 50,000 mile tires.
Oddometer: 13,891
Is anybody else having problems with oil blowing out past the fill cap? I drained the oil from every spot, put in the prescribed amount of oil- a little over halfway on the window and it constantly blows oil. Maybe I've got a pinched crankcase vent tube? Does the crank vent run into the frame like the vents at the top do? Is the venting system adequate?

A link to a Husky ride report for you guys.

Here
__________________
Be sure the safest rule is that we should not dare to live in any scene in which we dare not die. ~Lewis Carroll~
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:51 AM   #1645
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA, Earth
Oddometer: 290
Upon further investigation, I determined the left petcock is working how I thought it should. I closed the right petcock, closed the left petcock, and removed the fuel line from the left petcock, and no fuel came out. I opened the left side (turned ccw) and fuel came out, so i know it's closing and opening properly.

So, shouldn't I have had some fuel remaining on the left side when I ran out with the left side petcock closed?

Tom

jambie screwed with this post 09-10-2007 at 01:46 PM
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #1646
Indy Unlimited
Beastly Adventurer
 
Indy Unlimited's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 1,274
Oil fill cap leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Is anybody else having problems with oil blowing out past the fill cap? I drained the oil from every spot, put in the prescribed amount of oil- a little over halfway on the window and it constantly blows oil. Maybe I've got a pinched crankcase vent tube? Does the crank vent run into the frame like the vents at the top do? Is the venting system adequate?

A link to a Husky ride report for you guys.

Here
Both mine and a buddies leaked from day 1. We went out and found a viton O-ring that went just the cap lip past the stock ring. This works flawlessly. No more oily case cover!
__________________
Current Stable:

2013 Ducati Hypermotard SP, 2011 Husaberg FE570S, 2011 BMW S1000RR, 2010 BMW F800GS
2007 Husqvarna TE610 , 2003 KTM 525 MXC
Indy Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #1647
larryboy
Leisurely Liar
 
larryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: On a set of 50,000 mile tires.
Oddometer: 13,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited
Both mine and a buddies leaked from day 1. We went out and found a viton O-ring that went just the cap lip past the stock ring. This works flawlessly. No more oily case cover!
Cool, so maybe it's just getting flung out by the clutch.

Thanks.
__________________
Be sure the safest rule is that we should not dare to live in any scene in which we dare not die. ~Lewis Carroll~
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:30 PM   #1648
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambie
Upon further investigation, I determined the left petcock is working how I thought it should. I closed the right petcock, closed the left petcock, and removed the fel line from the left petcock, and no fuel came out. I opened the left side (turned ccw) and fuel came ot, so i know it's closing and opening properly.

So, shouldn't I have had some fuel remaining on the left side when I ran out with the left side petcock closed?

Tom
I was having same problem with manual. I drained (stock) tank from main valve (right side) after shaking bike some like riding. Then opened reserve (left) valve and only got about 0.2 gal. Filled tank and it held 3.4 gal. total. Have gone 110-115 several times with no reserve at 40 MPG. Once took 3.22 gal. with no reserve. Figure range at 135 to fumes.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #1649
motometal
i like motorcycles
 
motometal's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Baja, Motorcycle Heaven
Oddometer: 3,443
hmmmm....sounds like I should hook that fuel warning light back up after all. I tend to not fill the tank all the way riding locally, due to the weight so going by range of miles does not help me much.

Regarding the oring, yup, mine leaked a bit too, I just sorted through my "collection of miscellaneous orings" (my mother collects buttons...I collect orings...everyone needs a hobby) and found one just a bit thicker...problem solved.

if you haven't already, check the three counter sunk head bolts on the magneto (left side) cover. mine started leaking oil, and upon checking I found these to be very loose. Snugged up the bolts with a drop of loctite blue on each, and no more leak.
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:10 PM   #1650
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,452
I read the owners manual, and all the comments here. I still don't get what the manual is saying with "This last, set on the left side of the tank, must be in the open position. "

Makes me paranoid....the fuel light came on at 118 mi...manual says I should have 3.2 quarts left. Jambie had NADA!!!!
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014