User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 04:19 AM   #1666
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,443
try doing a goodle search ADVrider steering dampener etc etc

I know the answer is there, because I remember seeing those posts somewhere in this thread (and skipping over them)
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #1667
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut99
Looking for a little help here! I'm taking my 610 down to prerun the 1000 and I swore I wouldn't go down again with out a steering dampener. I've been told Scott's make one for the 610 but I don't see the post fitting between the gas tank and the head stay! Does anyone out there have one? If so, how did you do it? Trim the front of the tank mount maybe? Help please!

Attachment 133851
Who wants a Submount Damper Kit for thier Husky 610?

I don't know of a way to get the tower pin to fit with the stock tank. The IMS tank should allow clearance for the Pin to fit. In the thread you will see how another member had to grind a small amount of the rear of the Tower Pin, I think that can be avoided if you carefully modify the tank to fit rearward on the bike. Feel free to pm me with any further questions as some TE owners get annoyed with discussions of steering dampers

p.s. If you decide to go with the PTenduro Submount, keep in mind he is able to make a custom riser hieght and offset for the bar clamp.

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:51 AM   #1668
Iroquoiswarrior
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Bluhduh Speedometer help needed.

I had my speedometer replaced when mine went blank after 700 miles. My dealer took care of as soon as a new one could be had. It is set for kilometers rather than miles per hour. I have looked all through the owner's manual but do not see how to change it unless I am missing something. I have pushed the mode button about every way I could think of to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Art.
Iroquoiswarrior.
Iroquoiswarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:09 AM   #1669
Iroquoiswarrior
Adventurer

I had the same problem. A close look revealed a little lip left on the bottom of the O-ring grove from the injection mold. It was so slight on mine that I really did not think it would cause a slow leak. It did. I used a knife blade to carefully scrape it smooth and that cured it. A jewelers file would be even better. Just don't take too much plastic off.

Art
Iroquoiswarrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Is anybody else having problems with oil blowing out past the fill cap? I drained the oil from every spot, put in the prescribed amount of oil- a little over halfway on the window and it constantly blows oil. Maybe I've got a pinched crankcase vent tube? Does the crank vent run into the frame like the vents at the top do? Is the venting system adequate?

A link to a Husky ride report for you guys.

Here
Old 09-14-2007, 11:37 AM   #1670
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroquoiswarrior
I had my speedometer replaced when mine went blank after 700 miles. My dealer took care of as soon as a new one could be had. It is set for kilometers rather than miles per hour. I have looked all through the owner's manual but do not see how to change it unless I am missing something. I have pushed the mode button about every way I could think of to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Art.
Iroquoiswarrior.
Hey Art, I think the info you need is in the index thread. The link is in Dan's sig line, one post up from yours.

My dealer has my new speedometer, but is waiting for approval from husky to put it on.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:41 PM   #1671
Iroquoiswarrior
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Hey Art, I think the info you need is in the index thread. The link is in Dan's sig line, one post up from yours.

My dealer has my new speedometer, but is waiting for approval from husky to put it on.

Thank you for your reply. I will see what can do tomorow.

Art.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:53 AM   #1672
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroquoiswarrior

Thanks in advance.

Art.
Iroquoiswarrior.
Does this help?
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=86

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #1673
Iroquoiswarrior
Adventurer

Speedometer help needed.

I want to send a big thank you out to both larryboy and Hoder. Both of you have been a big help. I never would have figured this out on my own. Who would have thought of flashing the passing light five times to access the computer. I didn't. If you are ever in Western Pennsylvania stop by and I will take you on a tour of our potholed roads. Really, our potholes are not as bad as some people make them out to be. It is the little pieces of pavement that stick up between them that does most of the damage to equipment. A Dual Sport bike has a real use here on some of our roads. Once there was a fair amount of off road riding in this area, but Pittsburgh is moving North and it is almost all gone now. We do have the State and National forests to the North with hundreds of miles of logging roads to follow and a few trails. (Once the home of six Indian nations that made up a powerful confederacy known as the Iroquois.) I will be retiring in seven years and it is my dream to head to Arizona when the time comes. This is my Western bike.

Again. Many thanks for your help.

Art.
Iroquoiswarrior.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:16 AM   #1674
jambie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Just got the break-in service done on my '07. One intake valve was a bit tight, but otherwise all is okay. LLoyd at Gateway Cycles did the job and let me observe. When he filled up the coolant reservoir, I asked him if it was okay to use the Honda premix coolant. His response was that the bike came filled with the blue Engine Ice, and that was all you could use, as it won't mix with anything else, and would void the warranty if you didn't use it. And that's what he used to top off the coolant.

Is that what's in these bikes? Why? I know Engine Ice is supposed to have better cooling properties, but what about corrosion protection and anti-freeze capability? It does get cold here in the midwest eventually...

Cheers,
Tom
jambie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #1675
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercat
The K6 610 I have came brand new with the other stuff - coolant/antifreeze of the yellowy green variety.

Looks like you'll need to change it out for the cold as my understanding is that the Engine Ice does not have the antifreeze properties.

Manual says 1.4 quart capacity.
http://www.engineice.cc/faq.html

It looks like Engine Ice does offer anti freeze properties...good thing as my bike was kept in unconditioned space last winter .

Dan
Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #1676
juanbalam
Quest for bikedom

Oddometer: 50
Long, long, extra long distance trip on a 610 TE

Hi friends... long time since my last post...

So I bought a brand new 610 TE... the fuel injected one.

I've been riding it like crazy and positively love the bike.

I want to ride it to Tierra del Fuego. So I ordered the large tank (I know it doesn't fit the injected model, but we in Mexico don't care to much for exact fitting anyhow) and some other goodies.

I chose this bike because I've heard it's very reliable and because I'm fed up with the off road capabilities of my trusty KLR.

This time I want to travel extra light and do lots and lots of off road.

All was well until I read this note in the maintenance chart about having to change the freaking timing chain and the connecting rod every 6K!!!!!

Dear Husky gurus: is this true? Do I have to haul two chains and connecting rods?????? Sounds like that chart has Baja racers in mind, not easy on the throttle just chillin' dudes like me.

Please advise about suggested mods. for this looooong adventure trip.

TKS

Balam
Old 09-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #1677
ZAC949
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbalam
All was well until I read this note in the maintenance chart about having to change the freaking timing chain and the connecting rod every 6K!!!!!

Dear Husky gurus: is this true? Do I have to haul two chains and connecting rods?????? Sounds like that chart has Baja racers in mind, not easy on the throttle just chillin' dudes like me.

TKS

Balam
every 6000?, hmmm please say it isnt so.i want to buy a 610sm and if i need a reason not to...
ZAC949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 PM   #1678
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbalam
Hi friends... long time since my last post...

So I bought a brand new 610 TE... the fuel injected one.

I've been riding it like crazy and positively love the bike.

I want to ride it to Tierra del Fuego. So I ordered the large tank (I know it doesn't fit the injected model, but we in Mexico don't care to much for exact fitting anyhow) and some other goodies.

I chose this bike because I've heard it's very reliable and because I'm fed up with the off road capabilities of my trusty KLR.

This time I want to travel extra light and do lots and lots of off road.

TKS

Balam
There was an updated mainenance chart that referenced the connecting rod interval and it is indeed longer. I have close to 10,000 miles on my 06' and will check the camchain tensioner again @ 10,000 miles. At 8,000 miles I was at 7 clicks of the recommended replacement number of 10. I will update the thread soon when I reach 10,000 miles. I would recommend you check the camchain early so you get a gauge on how it is going to wear as most people have yet to reach the recommeded mileage for a first check, therefore no one has posted at what click the bike starts its life...good luck with the bike and please post your solution for the FI and IMS tank fit.
Welcome to the group as well

Dan
Old 09-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #1679
ZAC949
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
There was an updated mainenance chart that referenced the connecting rod interval and it is indeed longer. I have close to 10,000 miles on my 06' and will check the camchain tensioner again @ 10,000 miles. At 8,000 miles I was at 7 clicks of the recommended replacement number of 10. I will update the thread soon when I reach 10,000 miles. I would recommend you check the camchain early so you get a gauge on how it is going to wear as most people have yet to reach the recommeded mileage for a first check, therefore no one has posted at what click the bike starts its life...good luck with the bike and please post your solution for the FI and IMS tank fit.
Welcome to the group as well

Dan
10000? now thats what im talking about!!! how long did it take you to put those miles on? i put 3500 in 5 months on my last bike which is why the con rod thing caught my attention....dont want the bike to blow up before its paid off.
ZAC949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #1680
wingnut99
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
Who wants a Submount Damper Kit for thier Husky 610?

I don't know of a way to get the tower pin to fit with the stock tank. The IMS tank should allow clearance for the Pin to fit. In the thread you will see how another member had to grind a small amount of the rear of the Tower Pin, I think that can be avoided if you carefully modify the tank to fit rearward on the bike. Feel free to pm me with any further questions as some TE owners get annoyed with discussions of steering dampers

p.s. If you decide to go with the PTenduro Submount, keep in mind he is able to make a custom riser hieght and offset for the bar clamp.

Dan
Thanks for the info. I'll let you know what I decide to do and how I pulled it off!
wingnut99 is offline   Reply With Quote