Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #17266
tagalong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct
no kidding?/ I always wondered about this.. It doesn't get caught up in the tires much?
I've had to pull other bikes twice, and no problems with the strap getting caught in the tires. If you hook them up like in the pic above, opposite side pegs, then the rider on the bike being towed can keep off to the side far enough that it isn't an issue. If you hook to the same side peg on both bikes, then I see where there may be a problem.
tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #17267
wildchubby
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagalong
Check the front rotor, they are bad about cracking. I also have an 06, and on my first ride I noticed the rotor had cracked. Aftermarket rotors can be bought from Motosportz.
I couldnt find a crack, but the front rotor is definately warped. I'm going to start with new pads and see how it reacts.

FYI, I could only find front and rear rotor guards at Motosportz, not the rotor itself. I was thinking of going with a 320mm wave setup from Motostrana if I have to replace the rotor.
wildchubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #17268
tagalong
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
The rotors aren't listed on the site. You'll have to email Kelly about them. They carry Braking wave style rotors.
tagalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #17269
the_wes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
I've had to pull other bikes twice, and no problems with the strap getting caught in the tires. If you hook them up like in the pic above, opposite side pegs, then the rider on the bike being towed can keep off to the side far enough that it isn't an issue. If you hook to the same side peg on both bikes, then I see where there may be a problem.
yip, just don't turn too sharply

had a really good ride on saturday... the blue and yellow beast really enjoyed the tight sandy stuff, and the cycra hand guards earned their wage more than once!!

the_wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #17270
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagcam
Photo from Road America last weekend. Turn 6 is about 20 feet behind me here. I love that track, especially on bike racing weekends. The staff doesn't seem to care if you ride the walking trails. Or use a tree for a kickstand
Man your bike looks nice! I need to get out on mine more, just haven't made any time. Anytime you wanna ride semi local hit me up. I do want to do the T.W.A.T. sometime this summer/fall
30Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #17271
BikeSDP
Detroit Leanin'

Oddometer: 488
Replacement Wave Rotor

Quote:
The rotors aren't listed on the site. You'll have to email Kelly about them. They carry Braking wave style rotors.
I put one of those wave rotors on my 610 and found the speedo readout to vary between highly erratic and non-functional. The magnet and sensor just don't seem to pass close enough. So, I got out a spring-loaded punch and attempted to mark the center. I found the magnet to be 5mm off. I just don't think there's enough meat there to drill another M10 hole (see pic of rotor backside, where the punch mark is). However, I bet this works on the 50mm forks on my 300, so I'll keep it.

BikeSDP screwed with this post 06-14-2010 at 08:31 AM
BikeSDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #17272
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeSDP
I put one of those wave rotors on my 610 and found the speedo readout to vary between highly erratic and non-functional. The magnet and sensor just don't seem to pass close enough. So, I got out a spring-loaded punch and attempted to mark the center. I found the magnet to be 5mm off. I just don't think there's enough meat there to drill another M10 hole (see pic of rotor backside, where the punch mark is). However, I bet this works on the 50mm forks on my 300, so I'll keep it.

I tried the rotor from my 310 on the 610 and this is exactly what I found. Other than that, it fit perfect. The rotor on the 610 is bent a bit, from when I dropped the wheel when changing the tire...Doh!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #17273
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Man your bike looks nice! I need to get out on mine more, just haven't made any time. Anytime you wanna ride semi local hit me up. I do want to do the T.W.A.T. sometime this summer/fall
Thanks for the kudos, although I could probably do better than just throwing random decals on the thing...

I would like to do the T.W.A.T. also. I'm a little worried about fuel range up there, though. Wonder how scarce gas stations are? With the LV pipe and JD jetting, I get anywhere from 32mpg (beating around the trails) to 44mpg cruising the highway. It seems to be all in how much you use that accelerator pump.
lagcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #17274
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the kudos, although I could probably do better than just throwing random decals on the thing...

I would like to do the T.W.A.T. also. I'm a little worried about fuel range up there, though. Wonder how scarce gas stations are? With the LV pipe and JD jetting, I get anywhere from 32mpg (beating around the trails) to 44mpg cruising the highway. It seems to be all in how much you use that accelerator pump.
I really intend to finally do it this season, solo if I have to. I'd be game for it if you are. As far as gas goes, not a worry at all, just part of the adventure I have a couple MSR fuel bottles I will carry and also get similar mileage. I'd know more if I actually rode it more than one time every month or two

Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #17275
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I really intend to finally do it this season, solo if I have to. I'd be game for it if you are. As far as gas goes, not a worry at all, just part of the adventure I have a couple MSR fuel bottles I will carry and also get similar mileage. I'd know more if I actually rode it more than one time every month or two

Yes, I really need to do it also. Been putting it off for a few years now, always something going on. I'd rather not do it solo, so I'm game. I was thinking early fall would be a good time. We'll have to make a plan.

I need to get a few of those MSR bottles. Never thought I needed them until I almost got stranded in one of the most remote places on Earth (Western Nebraska ).
Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #17276
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, I really need to do it also. Been putting it off for a few years now, always something going on. I'd rather not do it solo, so I'm game. I was thinking early fall would be a good time. We'll have to make a plan.

I need to get a few of those MSR bottles. Never thought I needed them until I almost got stranded in one of the most remote places on Earth (Western Nebraska ).
Sounds great. I need a vacation bad

I guess the MSR bottles are hard to find anymore. I have used gatorade bottle with limited seepage.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #17277
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 8,981
Quote:
I guess the MSR bottles are hard to find anymore.
Last I checked (about a month back) Amazon had them.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #17278
M N B
would rather be riding

Oddometer: 1,096
Quote:
I would like to do the T.W.A.T. also.

Ok, this just had to be done...

There's nothin like ridin a good T.W.A.T.!

I managed to get in a little T.W.A.T. last night.

The T.W.A.T.'s been closed off for me.

That T.W.A.T. sure was sweet.

I could do the T.W.A.T. over and over and never get tired of it.

I was riding the T.W.A.T. last spring and got lost. Thank god I had some good maps!

If you could send me your maps, I'd like to ride your T.W.A.T. and see how it compares to mine.

I could do this all day....
2003 Husqvarna TE610e
1997 BMW K1100LT Special Edition
M N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #17279
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by M N B

I could do this all day....
you're kinda being a T.W.A.T
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #17280
lagcam
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I guess the MSR bottles are hard to find anymore. I have used gatorade bottle with limited seepage.
Picked up a few MSRs at the Iowa City Scheel's before work today. They had all sizes.