Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #1741
vbstubby
One day I wont be a nOOb

Oddometer: 679
IMS Five gallon arrives downunder

Sorry to bring this up again, but my dealer has finally got the IMS tank in

Can someone please confirm the maximum amount of fuel they have got in theirs?

And any tricks to installing them?

Thanks in advance

Cheers Alex
vbstubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #1742
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,543
Hey VB,

Check out this thread . . . . .

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=220242&page=6

Hoder's post #90 seems to cover most of the little tweaks that may be needed to fit the tank to your bike.

I'm still in procrastination mode & haven't yet put the 5-gallon tank on.

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 PM   #1743
vbstubby
One day I wont be a nOOb

Oddometer: 679
Thanks Watercat - excellent reading
vbstubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #1744
angrymutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
new TE610 owner

Hi Guys - new '06 TE610 owner here!

Here's a pic of my bike!

I'm also a new/inexperienced rider. I commute with the bike and use it mostly on country roads. Any tips - especially on cornering - woulld be appreciated!!!!
Attached Images

angrymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #1745
angrymutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Pic of rear tire

This is the rear tire.

At this point I plan to ride mostly on the road so I'm thinking of switching to SM tires. I'd appreciate any advise if you think it would be worth the trouble expense to change.
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 AM   #1746
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymutt
Hi Guys - new '06 TE610 owner here!

Here's a pic of my bike!

I'm also a new/inexperienced rider. I commute with the bike and use it mostly on country roads. Any tips - especially on cornering - woulld be appreciated!!!!
Welcome to the group
If you raise the forks up in the triple clamps to the third notch it will make the bike handle better for pure street riding. I makes the front feel more planted and quickens up the steering making it more responsive and fun . I can't give you much in the way of advice but, looking further ahead, through the turn, helps you carry a better line...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:15 AM   #1747
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
This is the rear tire.

At this point I plan to ride mostly on the road so I'm thinking of switching to SM tires. I'd appreciate any advise if you think it would be worth the trouble expense to change.
I can't outride the Pirelli's at this point, but if I get to that point I might consider the 17's. The main advantage imho to getting the second set of wheels is, you can then have a more dirt oriented tread for the dirt...you might be better of spending the funds on riding gear or accessories for the bike...

Dan
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #1748
angrymutt
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi buffallodan,

Glad to hear from you!

Just looked at your pics - nice bikes!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #1749
motometal
i like motorcycles

Oddometer: 3,495
Dan, which Perellis are you running?

getting into rims, tires, spokes, hubs, sprockets and rotors gets expensive, unless you find one of those special deals. Prior to that type of cash outlay, I'd try a set of Avon Distanzias. You may be pleasantly surprised just how well they stick.
motometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #1750
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Hi buffallodan,

Glad to hear from you!

Just looked at your pics - nice bikes!
Most of those pics are in there are of others bikes, hey a man can dream can't he ...

Dan
Old 09-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #1751
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motometal
Dan, which Perellis are you running?

getting into rims, tires, spokes, hubs, sprockets and rotors gets expensive, unless you find one of those special deals. Prior to that type of cash outlay, I'd try a set of Avon Distanzias. You may be pleasantly surprised just how well they stick.
MT90 AT's

Dan @ Motoxotica told me the SM wheelset is available from Husky for 850.00. Then he also sells the wheels complete with Rotors and Sprocket and Tires for around 1400.00 I think the chain may come with the package as well...I might consider extra wheels in the future but I really just want to add to the stable...

Dan
Old 09-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #1752
Fozdick
Still Thinking

Oddometer: 163
Just put a 100 hard miles on with the 38 pilot. Its OK here at sea level. The interesting thing is coming home I put some gas in it to see how its doing. Put two gals in it! If this mileage is confirmed by more and longer test my range with IMS tank will be 250+

In looking at the maps of Copper Canyon it looks like we will be getting up to 7>8000 feet. It will be rich up there.

So if a 40 and 38 pilot work better than a 42 why didn’t JD put then in his kit?

Foz
Fozdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #1753
jarthur
Old Desert Rat

Oddometer: 245
Total Electrical Draw

I have a TE 610. What do you estimate the total power requirements to be with everything running except for the starter? Alternatively, how much extra power could be tapped withour ruining the electrical system? The reason for the question is whether the stock charging system could handle a 55 watt headlamp and two 35 watt accessory lights. I recently rode in the mountains after dark and I felt like I was riding blind with just the 55 watt headlight.

Many thanks,

Jack
jarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #1754
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozdick
Just put a 100 hard miles on with the 38 pilot. Its OK here at sea level. The interesting thing is coming home I put some gas in it to see how its doing. Put two gals in it! If this mileage is confirmed by more and longer test my range with IMS tank will be 250+

In looking at the maps of Copper Canyon it looks like we will be getting up to 7>8000 feet. It will be rich up there.

So if a 40 and 38 pilot work better than a 42 why didn’t JD put then in his kit?

Foz
On my ride this Saturday I averaged 50mpg or better for a backroads street ride...I am using the stock setup for the JD Kit except for one bit that Dan had changed out for me, I think the leak jet iirc...I am also getting a small amount of pop on decel and the plug looks fine. These results are at an average of 6-800'asl and 80-90degrees...Edit: I also am running a 16T CS.

Dan

buffallodan screwed with this post 09-25-2007 at 03:55 PM Reason: Added variable effecting results...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #1755
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur
I have a TE 610. What do you estimate the total power requirements to be with everything running except for the starter? Alternatively, how much extra power could be tapped withour ruining the electrical system? The reason for the question is whether the stock charging system could handle a 55 watt headlamp and two 35 watt accessory lights. I recently rode in the mountains after dark and I felt like I was riding blind with just the 55 watt headlight.

Many thanks,

Jack
It should handle that load fine. I have run my Heated Liner at 100W plus the 50W bulb in my Tecate with no issues.

Dan