ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2006, 07:31 AM   #181
offroute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Truckee/Tahoe
Oddometer: 357
Front Turn Indicator Mounting 06 TE610

My dealer failed to mount the front turn indicators on my bike saying that the brackets needed were not in the crate. They are supposedly on the way. Would really appreciate someone posting a closeup pic of theirs on the bike so I can see what I'm waiting for. I've got the turn indicators and I've read where others have justed mounted to the headlight plastic. Might just do that as I can't get my bike plated until its done.

Online parts manual does not seem to show my style of lights and it is unclear what the bracket is. Therefore a pic would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
__________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2005 Honda Elite (just because)

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.

offroute screwed with this post 10-11-2006 at 10:09 AM
offroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #182
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Truckee, Ca.
Oddometer: 170
Another happy new te610 owner

Just thought it was time to quit lurking and say hello and thanks for all the info you guys have been providing.
You guys really helped me with my decision on what bike to get. I was going back and forth between going with dr650, klr650 or husky or ktm. Since I already owned a ktm 300exc I knew what it's like to ride a serious dirtbike and didn't want to sacrafice to much in the dirt but still be street legal. So that narrowed it down to husky te610 or ktm525. The $2000.00 difference and the fact that the local husky dealer had one in stock, and the 07 ktm were not yet available sealed it.

Anyway as far it goes with the new te, I'm definitly stoked. I've had it out twice for a total of 250 miles. Must say the first few miles on the trails the bike and I were very stiff. I learned a lesson about new dirtbikes, just drop it right away and get overwith. Once I drop it the first time ( thanks to that funky kickstand ) I was much more at ease and started to realize just what this bike is capable of doing.

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing in the discussions
Fletch
fletch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #183
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
buffallodan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Frankfort Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroute
My dealer failed to mount the front turn indicators on my bike saying that the brackets needed were not in the crate. They are supposedly on the way. Would really appreciate someone posting a closeup pic of theirs on the bike so I can see what I'm waiting for. I've got the turn indicators and I've read where others have justed mounted to the headlight plastic. Might just do that as I can't get my bike plated until its done.

Online parts manual does not seem to show my style of lights and it is unclear what the bracket is. Therefore a pic would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
I will get a pic up in the morning for you Offroute.

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:02 PM   #184
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
buffallodan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Frankfort Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123
Just thought it was time to quit lurking and say hello and thanks for all the info you guys have been providing.
You guys really helped me with my decision on what bike to get. I was going back and forth between going with dr650, klr650 or husky or ktm. Since I already owned a ktm 300exc I knew what it's like to ride a serious dirtbike and didn't want to sacrafice to much in the dirt but still be street legal. So that narrowed it down to husky te610 or ktm525. The $2000.00 difference and the fact that the local husky dealer had one in stock, and the 07 ktm were not yet available sealed it.

Anyway as far it goes with the new te, I'm definitly stoked. I've had it out twice for a total of 250 miles. Must say the first few miles on the trails the bike and I were very stiff. I learned a lesson about new dirtbikes, just drop it right away and get overwith. Once I drop it the first time ( thanks to that funky kickstand ) I was much more at ease and started to realize just what this bike is capable of doing.

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing in the discussions
Fletch
Welcome to the Group Fletch. Just in case you weren't aware, Unabiker guards are available and I also found out Rooster has made some as well.

I am going to put together a list of all the important aftermarket parts available soon with suppliers and add it to the Index. If any of you guys wish to add parts to the list please chime in on this thread...
Aftermarket Parts List for TE-610

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #185
GaM
Beastly Adventurer
 
GaM's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Oddometer: 1,877
Has anybody checked their head bearings for lube yet? The guy from motoxotica on thumpertalk says to check them after 15 hours or the first spray wash.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #186
offroute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Truckee/Tahoe
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
I will get a pic up in the morning for you Offroute.

Dan
Thanks a bunch Dan. I know it is a bit of a pain in the a** and really appreciate you going to the effort.

Got 40 miles in, most on the dirt today. A bit illegal probably since I am not plated yet, but WHAT INCREDIBLE FUN! Time to order my skid, handguards and redo the seat. Other than that I might replace the rack with the promoto aluminum one.

Another question: once all that emission stuff falls off my bike is there a specific thread you can point me to for jetting a 610. I live at 6000 feet and most of my riding will be in the 4-8k range. I also hear that there is an upgraded spark plug that makes a big diff, but I'm not sure what it is. Any info on that?

Thanks again.

Fred
__________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2005 Honda Elite (just because)

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
offroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #187
offroute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Truckee/Tahoe
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123
Just thought it was time to quit lurking and say hello and thanks for all the info you guys have been providing.
You guys really helped me with my decision on what bike to get. I was going back and forth between going with dr650, klr650 or husky or ktm. Since I already owned a ktm 300exc I knew what it's like to ride a serious dirtbike and didn't want to sacrafice to much in the dirt but still be street legal. So that narrowed it down to husky te610 or ktm525. The $2000.00 difference and the fact that the local husky dealer had one in stock, and the 07 ktm were not yet available sealed it.

Anyway as far it goes with the new te, I'm definitly stoked. I've had it out twice for a total of 250 miles. Must say the first few miles on the trails the bike and I were very stiff. I learned a lesson about new dirtbikes, just drop it right away and get overwith. Once I drop it the first time ( thanks to that funky kickstand ) I was much more at ease and started to realize just what this bike is capable of doing.

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing in the discussions
Fletch
Fletch,

Just noticed you're in Truckee. That's my town! Let's get together sometime and share beta on our new 610s. Better yet, let's ride!

Fred
__________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2005 Honda Elite (just because)

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
offroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:01 AM   #188
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
buffallodan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Frankfort Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,707





Offroute there are threads for your question in the index. External threads section...
Husqvarna TE/SM-610 Index Thread
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:14 AM   #189
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Truckee, Ca.
Oddometer: 170
Hey Offroute,

I was checking out your posts an also notice you mentioned Truckee. Hey we may even already have crossed paths. You go to Wild Cherries for coffee?. We difinitely should get together to talk bikes and ride.

You mentioned that you haven't got your plate yet. If so I got a few pointers for you. The Truckee dmv can be diffulcult. They started to give a hard time because they couldn't read the engine number. It's hard to see. If push your face down in behind the engine you can barely see it. You might want bring one of those little mechanics mirrors. The other issue was the Ca. smog sticker. We spent some time looking all over the frame trying to find it. Finally figured out that its under the seat.

Did your side panel start to melt yet? I guess there suppose to be a spacer.
If there was one on mine it must have fallen off right away because the panel immediatly started to melt. I just figured sooner on later it will stop melting.
Seriouly though I think the best fix is to just trim the panel alittle and avoid the melted goo on the pipe.

There is a d.s. ride coming up the Oct. 28 out of Nevada City up to Sugarbowl. It's sponsored by the Nevada County Woods Riders. Should be fun. Let me know if your interested.

Fletch
fletch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #190
offroute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Truckee/Tahoe
Oddometer: 357
Thanks Dan

Those shots make it very clear. Thanks. I guess they also show the handguard triple clamp mount eh? Did you have to get longer bolts for the triple clamp to mount?
__________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2005 Honda Elite (just because)

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
offroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #191
offroute
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Truckee/Tahoe
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123
Hey Offroute,

I was checking out your posts an also notice you mentioned Truckee. Hey we may even already have crossed paths. You go to Wild Cherries for coffee?. We difinitely should get together to talk bikes and ride.

You mentioned that you haven't got your plate yet. If so I got a few pointers for you. The Truckee dmv can be diffulcult. They started to give a hard time because they couldn't read the engine number. It's hard to see. If push your face down in behind the engine you can barely see it. You might want bring one of those little mechanics mirrors. The other issue was the Ca. smog sticker. We spent some time looking all over the frame trying to find it. Finally figured out that its under the seat.

Did your side panel start to melt yet? I guess there suppose to be a spacer.
If there was one on mine it must have fallen off right away because the panel immediatly started to melt. I just figured sooner on later it will stop melting.
Seriouly though I think the best fix is to just trim the panel alittle and avoid the melted goo on the pipe.

There is a d.s. ride coming up the Oct. 28 out of Nevada City up to Sugarbowl. It's sponsored by the Nevada County Woods Riders. Should be fun. Let me know if your interested.

Fletch
Fletch,

I'll look more closely at the side panel. Where did you buy your 610? Picked mine up in Reno and feel like the bike was just thrown together. I've got a box of hardware, etc and am not sure where and what was left off.

I'm sure the tips on the DMV will also be helpful. Did you do a VIN verification with the CHP before heading to the DMV? Did you have to make an appointment for either? I've heard Truckee DMV is as bad as they get so any tips here will be very much appreciated.

Regarding the DS ride - not familiar with the group. How can I learn more about them? Would like to come along if my skills are up to it, however also have a tentative plan to ride in Death Valley about the same time - end of Oct - first part of Nov. Need to get some miles on the bike before I head out that far...
__________________
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2008 KTM 450 EXC-R
2005 Honda Elite (just because)

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
offroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #192
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Truckee, Ca.
Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroute
Fletch,

I'll look more closely at the side panel. Where did you buy your 610? Picked mine up in Reno and feel like the bike was just thrown together. I've got a box of hardware, etc and am not sure where and what was left off.

I'm sure the tips on the DMV will also be helpful. Did you do a VIN verification with the CHP before heading to the DMV? Did you have to make an appointment for either? I've heard Truckee DMV is as bad as they get so any tips here will be very much appreciated.

Regarding the DS ride - not familiar with the group. How can I learn more about them? Would like to come along if my skills are up to it, however also have a tentative plan to ride in Death Valley about the same time - end of Oct - first part of Nov. Need to get some miles on the bike before I head out that far...

Offroute,

Got mine at the same place, Reno Cycles and Gear? Yeah they pretty much said here's the bike, have fun. Nothing about the suspension adjustments, which would have been nice. I think the suspension is extremely harsh out of the box. I got the box of misc. parts. It was pretty much just the the rear rack. Although I still have these two plastic spacers that look similiar to the rear blinker mounts. Oh well whats a couple of extra parts. I always seemed to have a few extra parts whenever I took a bike apart and put back together. If you decide to mount the rack don't make the mistake I made. There are for rubber grommets that I assumed were to go with the rack, since there are four connecting post and the grommets fit perfectly over the posts. Where you have to drill the holes in the fender for the front post the grommets won't work. The fender is curved in that area. Just drill holes slightly bigger than the post for the front and 15/16" holes for the rear or you could omit the rear gommets too.

I didn't go to CHP for the serial number confirm. If you do go, I think you need to make an appointment. I was told they do them on Thursdays.

The dual sport ride is Sat. Oct. 28. If you've never gone on one of these I can tell they are alot of fun. They provide you with a roll chart to help you from gettint lost. (which actually half the fun) The trails are fairly mellow with a few detour for more advanced riders. Hey they even throw in lunch. They have flyers at Thin Air Motorsports on East River St.

Fletch
fletch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #193
sethro
Studly Adventurer
 
sethro's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: flagstaff
Oddometer: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan





Offroute there are threads for your question in the index. External threads section...
Husqvarna TE/SM-610 Index Thread
Where did U get those fork bleeders, they are nice to have

Seth
sethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #194
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
buffallodan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Frankfort Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroute
Those shots make it very clear. Thanks. I guess they also show the handguard triple clamp mount eh? Did you have to get longer bolts for the triple clamp to mount?
Affirmative. Dan at Motoxotica where I ordered mine had said they would be included but he must have forgotten to put them in the box...make sure you ask for them if you happen to order from him ...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:17 PM   #195
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
buffallodan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Frankfort Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethro
Where did U get those fork bleeders, they are nice to have

Seth
They are Motion Pro bleeders I got from Ray as well as the Unabikers pictured...http://www.cycle-analyst.com/DR.htm
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014