Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #21916
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcuvator View Post
looks like with a little more beef put into the design, it could be a money maker for the fabricator and fill a real need for us owners. I'm interested too!
+1
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #21917
KDouble
AKA BeefCurtain

Oddometer: 139
Alright guys talked to him today price would be $75 (not including shipping). As I mentioned earlier like to do 10 min. PM me if your serious about getting one. I'll keep track and PM everyone once we reach 10. What I'd probably do is use a paypal account for payment. I posted a pick of mine installed on my 2009 610 not sure if the part is different on other years? Maybe someone could look it up.
KDouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #21918
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCurtain View Post
Alright guys talked to him today price would be $75 (not including shipping). As I mentioned earlier like to do 10 min. PM me if your serious about getting one. I'll keep track and PM everyone once we reach 10. What I'd probably do is use a paypal account for payment. I posted a pick of mine installed on my 2009 610 not sure if the part is different on other years? Maybe someone could look it up.
Is he going to build them just like the first one?

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #21919
KDouble
AKA BeefCurtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator View Post
Is he going to build them just like the first one?
Yes, showed him the pic of the suggestions. He's not interested in changing it as he spent a hell of a lot of time drawing up mine. Part would be an exact copy of the stock one (2009 TE 610) except in 12 gauge stainless steel.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #21920
KDouble
AKA BeefCurtain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensl View Post
i would love to do this on my bike as i have already bent mine a few times and it is only a matter of time until it breaks.

any chance u would have a template u could share?

cheers
I don't didn't do the work myself
Old 11-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #21921
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,286
Ok...

Still interested but would anyone have any idea of how much stronger it is than the stock part? 12 guage SS compared to ??? guage aluminum on the stock part.

After looking at mine you could easily add 1/2 inch of width above the middle bolt hole where they break and make it much more durable.But then as Xmotic said the subframe breaks. That's a bit more expensive I'm sure.

Funniest truthism ever.....
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #21922
KDouble
AKA BeefCurtain

Only time will tell if this is indeed an worthy upgrade. I ride my bike to work as often as I can ,but also ride some of the nastiest trails Colorado and Montana have to offer. I've bent handlebars ,smashed radiators you name name it I've probably done it. I LOVE my Husqvarna in part because I don't want to ride what every swinging dick rides ,but also because this bike takes the abuse like a champ. Every break I encounter I try and prevent from happening again as I usually ride alone. There's a 1000 ways to fix the sub frame rack just thought I'd share my own solution. I gain nothing by anyone buying this part, hell I paid $165 for the same part after design ,one of a kind blah blah blah..... If your interested great if not no worries just trying to give back to the thread I've lurked and learned from. Ride on brothers!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 PM   #21923
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,348
BeefCurtin,
I think you have made a big improvment from stock and offering to line up others for the same part is a nice gesture. The fabricator is obviously good at his trade. I think if he beefed the original design just a bit he would sell a slough of them. If he doesn't want to, I might still try to get one because it has to be a fair amount stronger than stock.
The subframe might be the next to go, but the bottom line is the rear has a little more capacity. I'm sure if the subframe was made stronger there would be something else in line that would go. The frame? The riders back or neck? Something.
Thanks for sharing your modification. I hope there is enough interest to get a run of these done.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:07 PM   #21924
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Rough rule of thumb, steel is three times as stiff as aluminum and three times as dense. Ultimate tensile strength and fatigue life depend a lot on alloy, temper, surface finish (scratches and other defects) as well as installation details.

The way Husky delivered them both, the subframe fingers are a lot farther apart than the fender brace is wide, which causes them both to be bent when the bolts are tightened. The brace is less stiff and less strong than the subframe, so it is bent more and lets go first when you shake them both. Once you make the brace beefy, the subframe is impacted more. Reinforce both of them and shim them with thin washers to zero out the dimensional differences as close as possible so nothing has to bend when the bolts are tightened.
Taranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #21925
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Wolfman Rolie on factory rack?

I'm thinking of using a Wolfman Rolie as a tail bag for day trips, strapped to the factory rack. Anyone do this? Comment on how the strap system works with the factory rack shape? Pics?

Searched this thread, and only found a few hits. One where a guy got told to use GL or Dirt Bagz instead, and one where a guy had the Wolfman mounts spliced into another rack system. Nobody just using it with the factory rack for lighter capacity.

I'm thinking Dirt Bagz for a larger-capacity system for longer trips, but also want a smaller, narrower setup for times I plan to end the day back at support ("unlimited" capacity system such as the van/toy hauler/friend's house/home).

I've also found Motofizz (seems more street-oriented) and Kriega (limited distribution, more expensive) as possible alternatives.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #21926
h2o_snow
Water, snow & dirt too.

Oddometer: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefCurtain View Post
Yes, showed him the pic of the suggestions. He's not interested in changing it as he spent a hell of a lot of time drawing up mine. Part would be an exact copy of the stock one (2009 TE 610) except in 12 gauge stainless steel.
OK lads - was there a change in design between carb and FI. Thought it better to check before placing an order.

I'm looking to fit my 2006 - checked yesterday - its cracking. Thanks. JT
Over the hills where the spirits fly,
I really don't know.
h2o_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #21927
ScottL
Why Not!!!

Oddometer: 86
I'm thinking of the same setup so interested in any responses, my under is that they are pretty much a universal fit but still keen to know if anyone has done

S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
I'm thinking of using a Wolfman Rolie as a tail bag for day trips, strapped to the factory rack. Anyone do this? Comment on how the strap system works with the factory rack shape? Pics?

Searched this thread, and only found a few hits. One where a guy got told to use GL or Dirt Bagz instead, and one where a guy had the Wolfman mounts spliced into another rack system. Nobody just using it with the factory rack for lighter capacity.

I'm thinking Dirt Bagz for a larger-capacity system for longer trips, but also want a smaller, narrower setup for times I plan to end the day back at support ("unlimited" capacity system such as the van/toy hauler/friend's house/home).

I've also found Motofizz (seems more street-oriented) and Kriega (limited distribution, more expensive) as possible alternatives.
ScottL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #21928
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranis View Post
I'm thinking of using a Wolfman Rolie as a tail bag for day trips...
Spent more time looking. Read in a gear thread a suggestion to just get a regular general-purpose dry bag and some webbing. Couldn't find a dry bag that looked as durable and overall well-suited as the Rolie. Add in the fastening systems, and it seems like you'd be spending a lot of time to save just a couple bucks and coming up short on function, all said and done.

Pretty in-depth installation here, shows a lot of details that were hard to find elsewhere.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675219

Found a few TE630 guys going for them.

Seems RMATV has the best price and I have a few things I need to return there anyway.
(11/17 edit - pulled the trigger tonight.)

Speaking of which, has anyone found HD tubes in the large diameter (5.0-5.3-18) that's a match for the TE's rear? I only find them in sizes for smaller dirt bikes.

Taranis screwed with this post 11-17-2011 at 10:26 PM
Old 11-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #21929
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,121
I see a leftover 09 TE 610 for sale at Rockwell's in NY. Might be the last one in the world!! If I had the extra cash, I would put that 610 away for 5-10 yrs. like the few XRR guys that got 650s in 07 and put them in storage, only to unveil years from now.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.877078,-72.750930
Life is good!

1 lunger screwed with this post 11-17-2011 at 06:26 AM
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #21930
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
I see a leftover 09 TE 610 for sale at Rockwell's in NY. Might be the last one in the world!! If I had the extra cash, I would put that 610 away for 5-10 yrs. like the few XRR guys that got 650s in 07 and put them in storage, only to unveil years from now.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.877078,-72.750930
Life is good!
I don't think the TE is as iconic for as many people as the XRR. Plus, there are still garage queen 610s out there. I thought I was doing the impossible when I got my '06 earlier in the year with 642 miles on it and hardly a scratch, but there have been other guys buying similarly through the summer.