Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #23041
poppy
Slow and Steady

Oddometer: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Here you go poppy... withoutwith.
The pic is with a phone sitting on the bike and really didn't do it justice. It lights up the sides of the road very well and out as far as stock light. I got it for woods at night and I think it works great for $50!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4hllmk
Life is good!
$50.00 , can't argue with that mate. Your standard light is much better than the one that was on my bike. Mine just shone the exact shape of the headlight on the road about 3mtrs infront of the bike. Gave me a spot about 2mtrs wide x 1mtr deep similar to the bat light but on the road instead of in the sky.

My spots in action.

They were a lot dearer than $50.00. Sorry for the crappy pics, hard to get a good one riding and holding the camera. Ohh, and your on the wrong side of the road.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #23042
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
$50.00 , can't argue with that mate. Your standard light is much better than the one that was on my bike. Mine just shone the exact shape of the headlight on the road about 3mtrs infront of the bike. Gave me a spot about 2mtrs wide x 1mtr deep similar to the bat light but on the road instead of in the sky.

My spots in action.

They were a lot dearer than $50.00. Sorry for the crappy pics, hard to get a good one riding and holding the camera. Ohh, and your on the wrong side of the road.
Ok, that's crazy bright!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4jhtpm
Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #23043
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

I was told by the mechanic at my dealer he could change out the base gasket on the 610 while the motor is still in the bike. How could this be?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qbtd4n
Life is good!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #23044
larryboy
Leisurely Liar

Oddometer: 13,930
Quote:
I was told by the mechanic at my dealer he could change out the base gasket on the 610 while the motor is still in the bike. How could this be?

That's how I do them too, even if I'm pulling the whole engine for a case split rebuild I tear it down to the base gasket first.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #23045
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
That's how I do them too, even if I'm pulling the whole engine for a case split rebuild I tear it down to the base gasket first.
Head made it sound like he would just slip it in

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oc1pjy
Life is good!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #23046
matt86m
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Hopefully helpful.

Light looks good 1 lunger, makes the stocker look like a candle, can you take a pic from behind the light so we can see the projection.

Im liking the VB chair, sure wish I could get some VB here in the US!!!
matt86m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #23047
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Head made it sound like he would just slip it in

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oc1pjy
Life is good!
Nah, you can easily pull the head and cylinder off while the engine is still cradled up.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #23048
kpt4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,671
All-

I am still having some slight jetting issues with my bike, hoping somebody has been through this and can contribute.

Setup is: 178 main, red needle 4th clip, 45 pilot, 0.5 or 1 turn out on the screw (can't remember), merge racing AP spring, no o-ring, stock leak jet, accel pump set to nearly zero freeplay. Stock pipe, stock airbox, sea level.

I am still having some trouble with throttle response. Bike seems fine if I just roll into it smoothly, but it has a hesitation if I open the throttle quickly in gear, and also if I open it quickly with the clutch pulled in. It also often stumbles coming off a quick gearshift as I open the throttle back up quickly to continue accelerating.

See this post for some history with my bike and jetting: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=21478

I think I still don't have "enough" accel pump, because it used to do this a lot worse when I had more freeplay in the AP linkage. I now have basically zero freeplay, so I can't do much more than. Is this a situation where I need to change out the AP leak jet? I understand the basics of carb tuning, but I don't have a lot of experience with pumper carbs and the AP setup.
kpt4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #23049
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,392
I saw these coming home from the beach yesterday. They were at the BMW dealer.

No idea what kind but that head pipe is massive.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #23050
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
I just can't get along with those gigantic mufflers on the TE's. Great bikes, but I can't figure out why those things have to be so huge.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #23051
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpt4321 View Post
All-

I am still having some slight jetting issues with my bike, hoping somebody has been through this and can contribute.

Setup is: 178 main, red needle 4th clip, 45 pilot, 0.5 or 1 turn out on the screw (can't remember), merge racing AP spring, no o-ring, stock leak jet, accel pump set to nearly zero freeplay. Stock pipe, stock airbox, sea level.

I am still having some trouble with throttle response. Bike seems fine if I just roll into it smoothly, but it has a hesitation if I open the throttle quickly in gear, and also if I open it quickly with the clutch pulled in. It also often stumbles coming off a quick gearshift as I open the throttle back up quickly to continue accelerating.

See this post for some history with my bike and jetting: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=21478

I think I still don't have "enough" accel pump, because it used to do this a lot worse when I had more freeplay in the AP linkage. I now have basically zero freeplay, so I can't do much more than. Is this a situation where I need to change out the AP leak jet? I understand the basics of carb tuning, but I don't have a lot of experience with pumper carbs and the AP setup.
Have you watched the AP spray to see if it hits the slide and to time it? Do you know what leak jet you have for sure?
If things improved by getting more pump stroke, I would try a big oring and or smaller leak jet (or plug), one at a time.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #23052
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
I just can't get along with those gigantic mufflers on the TE's. Great bikes, but I can't figure out why those things have to be so huge.
I bought an extra to modify. As I cut it up i found mostly big chambers with a CAT right at the entrance
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #23053
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Anyone have a contact at Husqvarna North America?

Fred Hoess
Market Sales Northeast
mobile 862-258-8798
fred.hoess@husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com
Met him a couple of times. Nice enough guy. He's riding the ISDE for the 24th time this year in Germany. On a 310 I believe. Hope he can help.
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iupqeu
Life is good!
Fred Hoess
Market Sales
mobile 862-258-8798
fred.hoess@husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com

Hope this hepls.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #23054
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Anybody attempt to take the stock speedo apart to clean it? Mines pretty much useless with the smuck on the inside of the glass. Figure I dont really have anything to lose if I cant get it back together.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #23055
kpt4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,671
I think I got my AP issue sorted out today, but the resolution doesn't make a ton of sense.

I switched over to the leak jet that comes with the JD jet kit, which is the 65. The stock jet is basically a zero, in that it has no port in it. I would have expected this to make the problem worse IF it was too lean on throttle opening, but it seems like this must not be the case. Bike feels a lot better and the power comes on a lot harder for sure.

I will look into the carb next and try to get the leak jet timing right, if it isn't already.

Thanks for the suggestion.
kpt4321 is offline   Reply With Quote