ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #23041
poppy
Slow and Steady
 
poppy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: G.C QLD
Oddometer: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Here you go poppy... withoutwith.
The pic is with a phone sitting on the bike and really didn't do it justice. It lights up the sides of the road very well and out as far as stock light. I got it for woods at night and I think it works great for $50!


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4hllmk
Life is good!
$50.00 , can't argue with that mate. Your standard light is much better than the one that was on my bike. Mine just shone the exact shape of the headlight on the road about 3mtrs infront of the bike. Gave me a spot about 2mtrs wide x 1mtr deep similar to the bat light but on the road instead of in the sky.

My spots in action.






They were a lot dearer than $50.00. Sorry for the crappy pics, hard to get a good one riding and holding the camera. Ohh, and your on the wrong side of the road.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #23042
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer
 
1 lunger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Bloomfield CT
Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
$50.00 , can't argue with that mate. Your standard light is much better than the one that was on my bike. Mine just shone the exact shape of the headlight on the road about 3mtrs infront of the bike. Gave me a spot about 2mtrs wide x 1mtr deep similar to the bat light but on the road instead of in the sky.

My spots in action.






They were a lot dearer than $50.00. Sorry for the crappy pics, hard to get a good one riding and holding the camera. Ohh, and your on the wrong side of the road.
Ok, that's crazy bright!


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4jhtpm
Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #23043
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer
 
1 lunger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Bloomfield CT
Oddometer: 1,191
I was told by the mechanic at my dealer he could change out the base gasket on the 610 while the motor is still in the bike. How could this be?


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qbtd4n
Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #23044
larryboy
Leisurely Liar
 
larryboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: On a set of 50,000 mile tires.
Oddometer: 13,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
I was told by the mechanic at my dealer he could change out the base gasket on the 610 while the motor is still in the bike. How could this be?


That's how I do them too, even if I'm pulling the whole engine for a case split rebuild I tear it down to the base gasket first.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #23045
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer
 
1 lunger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Bloomfield CT
Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
That's how I do them too, even if I'm pulling the whole engine for a case split rebuild I tear it down to the base gasket first.
Head made it sound like he would just slip it in


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oc1pjy
Life is good!
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #23046
matt86m
Gnarly Adventurer
 
matt86m's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: OC, CA
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Hopefully helpful.






Light looks good 1 lunger, makes the stocker look like a candle, can you take a pic from behind the light so we can see the projection.

Im liking the VB chair, sure wish I could get some VB here in the US!!!
matt86m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #23047
JonXX
Infraction Collector
 
JonXX's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: OR's hub of wine-tasting soccer moms
Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Head made it sound like he would just slip it in


---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oc1pjy
Life is good!
Nah, you can easily pull the head and cylinder off while the engine is still cradled up.
__________________
Hungry? Out of work? Nowhere to ride? Do us all a favor and eat a Sierra Club member.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #23048
kpt4321
Beastly Adventurer
 
kpt4321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 1,671
All-

I am still having some slight jetting issues with my bike, hoping somebody has been through this and can contribute.

Setup is: 178 main, red needle 4th clip, 45 pilot, 0.5 or 1 turn out on the screw (can't remember), merge racing AP spring, no o-ring, stock leak jet, accel pump set to nearly zero freeplay. Stock pipe, stock airbox, sea level.

I am still having some trouble with throttle response. Bike seems fine if I just roll into it smoothly, but it has a hesitation if I open the throttle quickly in gear, and also if I open it quickly with the clutch pulled in. It also often stumbles coming off a quick gearshift as I open the throttle back up quickly to continue accelerating.

See this post for some history with my bike and jetting: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=21478

I think I still don't have "enough" accel pump, because it used to do this a lot worse when I had more freeplay in the AP linkage. I now have basically zero freeplay, so I can't do much more than. Is this a situation where I need to change out the AP leak jet? I understand the basics of carb tuning, but I don't have a lot of experience with pumper carbs and the AP setup.
__________________
TAT 2008 / Colorado 2010
"Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it." -Oppenheimer
2007 Monster S2R / 2006 TE610 / 1999 KDX 200 / 2000 DRZ-E
kpt4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #23049
Colemanfu
King of all manfu
 
Colemanfu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: DAYTONA USA
Oddometer: 3,392
I saw these coming home from the beach yesterday. They were at the BMW dealer.



No idea what kind but that head pipe is massive.

__________________
Guns keep society safe.
Colemanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #23050
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire
 
mrkartoom's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: northeast/western mass
Oddometer: 828
I just can't get along with those gigantic mufflers on the TE's. Great bikes, but I can't figure out why those things have to be so huge.
__________________
"gotta have more cowbell" C. Walken
"I
spent 90% of my money on woman and drink. The rest I wasted." G. Best

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #23051
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer
 
Xcuvator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Skolls Or
Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpt4321 View Post
All-

I am still having some slight jetting issues with my bike, hoping somebody has been through this and can contribute.

Setup is: 178 main, red needle 4th clip, 45 pilot, 0.5 or 1 turn out on the screw (can't remember), merge racing AP spring, no o-ring, stock leak jet, accel pump set to nearly zero freeplay. Stock pipe, stock airbox, sea level.

I am still having some trouble with throttle response. Bike seems fine if I just roll into it smoothly, but it has a hesitation if I open the throttle quickly in gear, and also if I open it quickly with the clutch pulled in. It also often stumbles coming off a quick gearshift as I open the throttle back up quickly to continue accelerating.

See this post for some history with my bike and jetting: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=21478

I think I still don't have "enough" accel pump, because it used to do this a lot worse when I had more freeplay in the AP linkage. I now have basically zero freeplay, so I can't do much more than. Is this a situation where I need to change out the AP leak jet? I understand the basics of carb tuning, but I don't have a lot of experience with pumper carbs and the AP setup.
Have you watched the AP spray to see if it hits the slide and to time it? Do you know what leak jet you have for sure?
If things improved by getting more pump stroke, I would try a big oring and or smaller leak jet (or plug), one at a time.
__________________
___________________________________________

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #23052
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer
 
grinder96's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Pasadena,CA
Oddometer: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
I just can't get along with those gigantic mufflers on the TE's. Great bikes, but I can't figure out why those things have to be so huge.
I bought an extra to modify. As I cut it up i found mostly big chambers with a CAT right at the entrance
__________________
Turin
11' Husky TE449, 06-Husky SM610, 04'Honda xr80r
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #23053
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go
 
Drewha's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Tolland,Ct
Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Anyone have a contact at Husqvarna North America?

Fred Hoess
Market Sales Northeast
mobile 862-258-8798
fred.hoess@husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com
Met him a couple of times. Nice enough guy. He's riding the ISDE for the 24th time this year in Germany. On a 310 I believe. Hope he can help.
---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iupqeu
Life is good!
Fred Hoess
Market Sales
mobile 862-258-8798
fred.hoess@husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com

Hope this hepls.
__________________
08 Husqvarna TE 610
04 Ducati ST3
Drewha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #23054
tlking6
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tlking6's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Lower Left Side
Oddometer: 281
Anybody attempt to take the stock speedo apart to clean it? Mines pretty much useless with the smuck on the inside of the glass. Figure I dont really have anything to lose if I cant get it back together.
__________________
08 Husky 610 TE
01 KTM 453 MXC
tlking6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #23055
kpt4321
Beastly Adventurer
 
kpt4321's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 1,671
I think I got my AP issue sorted out today, but the resolution doesn't make a ton of sense.

I switched over to the leak jet that comes with the JD jet kit, which is the 65. The stock jet is basically a zero, in that it has no port in it. I would have expected this to make the problem worse IF it was too lean on throttle opening, but it seems like this must not be the case. Bike feels a lot better and the power comes on a lot harder for sure.

I will look into the carb next and try to get the leak jet timing right, if it isn't already.

Thanks for the suggestion.
__________________
TAT 2008 / Colorado 2010
"Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it." -Oppenheimer
2007 Monster S2R / 2006 TE610 / 1999 KDX 200 / 2000 DRZ-E
kpt4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014