Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #24451
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
I don't own one (yet), but have studied the 610/630 extensively as an ADV bike. I love the Kregia solutions, but they are expensive. Giant Loop are great, too.

I've never liked the factory rack. The one I like the best is the ProMoto billet rack, with optional side panels (which you wouldn't use).

People who have them, feel free to chime in!

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #24452
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon12 View Post
I love the Kregia solutions, but they are expensive. Giant Loop are great, too.

!
In australia i can buy the kriega overlander 30 for 315 , the gl coyote is 395 .
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #24453
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by stujamur View Post
Rack / soft luggage options !!!

I want to set up with soft luggage and then be able to strap a 70cm wide mat and tent across the back .

I know dirt bagz are great but think the panniers wont suit in the the tight stuff i ride, and couldn't be bothered taking then on and of pending rides .

So thoughts so far are

1. Kriega overlander 30 and strap matt and tent across top . With rack?
2 . Giant loop coyote ( but i dont have passenger pegs so not sure on tie down points ) .

So with these options could or should i use a rack ? If so which one .. It would also be nice to have the rack on there for spares on day trips .

Some advice would be great thanks ..
FWIW, the Dirt Bagz install and remove in seconds. Width depends on how much you stuff in there...but they're not really any wider than your legs.

My wife loves the Wolfman E12 Enduro saddle bags on her bike, and the price is right...but they don't remove and install as quickly as the Dirt Bagz (but there are no hard brackets to install on the bike first).
09 TE450

bobnoxious67 screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 12:42 PM
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #24454
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
Squeeling front brake!

I'm working on a squeeling front brake today and after pulling it apart I noticed that I only have 1 spring where I suspect there needs to be 2 springs. HOWEVER, the parts fiche only shows 1 spring and I'm wondering if any of you all could look and tell me what you have? So, on page 96 for the 2008 TE-610 part #27 shows 2 springs. It's part number 8000 79065. I have both, but I think there needs to be 2 of the figure 8 springs down in the caliper. Could someone confirm what they have?

I've tried disc brake grease as well as beveling the edges with no luck. Today I'll be taking drywall sandpaper screen and deglazing the pads and see happens.

Here's a pdf of the same part, just different year: http://www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.c...03SMSTE610.pdf look on page 112, 113 part #27

Baroquenride screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 02:05 PM
Baroquenride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #24455
awshouse
Downwardly mobile

Oddometer: 435
a little air

I love my 610. It does everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMsa...ature=g-crec-u
Old 11-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #24456
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by awshouse View Post
Are you back up and running? Man I am completely a slacker.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #24457
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
FWIW, the Dirt Bagz install and remove in seconds. Width depends on how much you stuff in there...but they're not really any wider than your legs.

+1.

I leave mine on full time. There is a compression strap that run top to bottom and when mine are empty, the strap keep them tight to the bike - your legs stick out more.

A bonus of leaving them on is you get a little side padding should you have an encounter with immovable objects or it lands on your leg. While there are not advertised as waterproof, mine stay dry inside. I commute on it year 'round in Seattle area for a solid water test. Handy to have the bags on for dirt rides as I can stuff extra gas or clothing in them, also my spare inner tubes down low.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #24458
DualsportWA
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL View Post
+1.

I leave mine on full time. ... I commute on it year 'round in Seattle area for a solid water test. Handy to have the bags on for dirt rides as I can stuff extra gas or clothing in them, also my spare inner tubes down low.
That's what I plan to do! This is my Seattle-area rain commuter (don't want to get the Tuono dirty :) ) - and I'm thinking to get the dirtbagz ranger kit (with duffel). I was thinking one could make a cover for the ensemble if one really cared to keep things dry, but if it's working for you without a cover, that's GREAT. I also thought about the ranger paniers, and then get a Wolfman dry duffel for the top that I can put my laptop backpack in...
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #24459
awshouse
Downwardly mobile

Oddometer: 435
Xymotic -- yessir. But I cheated cuz Tasky did the work!! So I slack but that also leaves loads o' riding time. ;)
Old 11-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #24460
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,630
Anyone running a Trail tech X2 headlight on one of these beasts have a suggestion how to solidly mount the lower to the fender?
What to do with the horn?
Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 AM   #24461
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Neutral Light Issues...

Bike: 2009 TE610, X3, power up, JD Tuner (set at his recommended/shipped settings).

I have been having some issues with my neutral light on the TE610. I've read all the posts about the steady blinking being for FI problems, or for the temp sensor going bad. But mine is blinking intermittently, usually once or twice when I first put it in neutral pulling up to a stop light. It's very random, leading me to believe it could be loose wires.

I found that the wires looked a little funky at the clutch perch, thought I had it fixed, but it's still doing it. I am now wondering if I should disable the clutch/neutral safety switch to get that function out of the loop, to check it off the possible problem list?

Can I get confirmation that tying the 2 spade connectors together at the perch switch (for now) will disable this function? I just want to be able to test, and not commit to removal. Does the neutral light "warning" function work if the clutch perch switch is removed from the equation?

Thanks!

Scott

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 AM   #24462
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
Anyone running a Trail tech X2 headlight on one of these beasts have a suggestion how to solidly mount the lower to the fender?
What to do with the horn?
I used the upper straps that came with the X2 and as a temporary solution for the bottom I used some industrial strength velcro I had laying around. I used the existing tapped hole that's in the front of the lower fork clamp (there are 2 of them one on each side) to mount the strip of the velcro w/a bolt/washer. Made a tiny hole in the strip just big enough to get the bolt through. Fixed the other half of the velcro to the lower side of the X2 shell with its adhesive. This was just temporary until I could figure something more elegant out, but it worked so well I've left it there. It's taken some serious miles on and off road and works great. Nice thing about it is I have easy adjustability of the X2 with this. I could have added the same to the other side of the lamp, but the one side has served the purpose well.

For the horn I just picked up a louder unit and moved it onto one of the bolts holding the lower shroud on beside the radiator. Needed a slightly longer screw and painted it back so it would be more stealthy.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #24463
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
I used the upper straps that came with the X2 and as a temporary solution for the bottom I used some industrial strength velcro I had laying around. I used the existing tapped hole that's in the front of the lower fork clamp (there are 2 of them one on each side) to mount the strip of the velcro w/a bolt/washer. Made a tiny hole in the strip just big enough to get the bolt through. Fixed the other half of the velcro to the lower side of the X2 shell with its adhesive. This was just temporary until I could figure something more elegant out, but it worked so well I've left it there. It's taken some serious miles on and off road and works great. Nice thing about it is I have easy adjustability of the X2 with this. I could have added the same to the other side of the lamp, but the one side has served the purpose well.
Thanks for that, you have a pic of this setup?
My front fender has a brace on it that the two pegs straddle, not so worried about the lateral stability, more the fore and aft....
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #24464
KIK ROX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
My front fender has a brace on it that the two pegs straddle, not so worried about the lateral stability, more the fore and aft....
There is a plate that you can screw to your fender that has two prongs that go up into the headlight plastic. I screwed this plate as close to the forks as the horn would allow. I lined the screws up with the "peaks" of the fender brace, its held up fine so far. Then, for the upper clamps, I made two metal extensions that went between the rubber clamp and the headlight plastic.

My extensions are probably a little too long, however, doing it this way does allow for you to pivot them, thus tilting the headlight fore and aft.

KIK ROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #24465
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:

The brackets were made from 1/8"X1 1/2" angle with slots for beam heigth adjustment and ease of R&R. New holes drilled in the light so that the bolt heads flatside rest against a web on the inside and won't turn. Flange head nuts to eliminate washers.
I moved the horn mounting rivets so the horn sits further back to clear the back of light. I have done three liights this way and have had no problems.

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote