Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #24466
KIK ROX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by stujamur View Post
Rack / soft luggage options !!!

I want to set up with soft luggage and then be able to strap a 70cm wide mat and tent across the back .

I know dirt bagz are great but think the panniers wont suit in the the tight stuff i ride, and couldn't be bothered taking then on and of pending rides .

So thoughts so far are

1. Kriega overlander 30 and strap matt and tent across top . With rack?
2 . Giant loop coyote ( but i dont have passenger pegs so not sure on tie down points ) .

So with these options could or should i use a rack ? If so which one .. It would also be nice to have the rack on there for spares on day trips .

Some advice would be great thanks ..
I have the Wolfman E12 saddlebags, IMO just as easy to install and remove as the Coyote. I also am using the rack that Seat Concepts sells, don't know the brand. Its pretty beefy, and doesn't rest entirely on the sub-frame like the factory or ProMoto racks do. I did have to use some of my own hardware to make it work as the Seat Concepts rack is intended for the 510 (I think). Basically you just need longer bolts and some washers. Here is my setup for riding the Great Divide:

KIK ROX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #24467
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcuvator View Post

The brackets were made from 1/8"X1 1/2" angle with slots for beam heigth adjustment and ease of R&R. New holes drilled in the light so that the bolt heads flatside rest against a web on the inside and won't turn. Flange head nuts to eliminate washers.
I moved the horn mounting rivets so the horn sits further back to clear the back of light. I have done three liights this way and have had no problems.
Can you re-post the pic please, it's not showing up...
Old 11-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #24468
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIK ROX View Post
I have the Wolfman E12 saddlebags, IMO just as easy to install and remove as the Coyote. I also am using the rack that Seat Concepts sells, don't know the brand. Its pretty beefy, and doesn't rest entirely on the sub-frame like the factory or ProMoto racks do. I did have to use some of my own hardware to make it work as the Seat Concepts rack is intended for the 510 (I think). Basically you just need longer bolts and some washers. Here is my setup for riding the Great Divide:

Thats pretty cool .

Anyone running the kriega overlander on the 610 ??
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #24469
Baroquenride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
Bike: 2009 TE610, X3, power up, JD Tuner (set at his recommended/shipped settings).

I have been having some issues with my neutral light on the TE610. I've read all the posts about the steady blinking being for FI problems, or for the temp sensor going bad. But mine is blinking intermittently, usually once or twice when I first put it in neutral pulling up to a stop light. It's very random, leading me to believe it could be loose wires.

I found that the wires looked a little funky at the clutch perch, thought I had it fixed, but it's still doing it. I am now wondering if I should disable the clutch/neutral safety switch to get that function out of the loop, to check it off the possible problem list?

Can I get confirmation that tying the 2 spade connectors together at the perch switch (for now) will disable this function? I just want to be able to test, and not commit to removal. Does the neutral light "warning" function work if the clutch perch switch is removed from the equation?

Thanks!

Scott
I just completed the power up mod yesterday and now have a blinking neutral light also. I even unhooked the battery for awhile but still got it.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #24470
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
Thanks for that, you have a pic of this setup?
My front fender has a brace on it that the two pegs straddle, not so worried about the lateral stability, more the fore and aft....
I'll have to take some pics and post up. I didn't use the lower mounting brace with the pegs that's been mentioned because of the fender brace giving you no flat surface to mount it to. Fore/aft stability hasn't been an issue.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #24471
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
I just completed the power up mod yesterday and now have a blinking neutral light also. I even unhooked the battery for awhile but still got it.
Let me know if you figure anything out. I had recently installed the JT Tuner (Power Up was already installed by PO). But it did not blink immediately upon installation. I purchased a new temp sensor last time I got some parts - so I may throw it in to see if it makes a difference.

Mine is very random. Will blink once, maybe twice, but not at any timed interval. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Also, the fan is not running at all really, or not that I have seen, which is often mentioned regarding FI issues.

One of the members over at the Cafe Husky forum had some insight - but it doesn't seem to address the random actions of this neutral light.

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #24472
Xcuvator
Justa Venturer

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
Can you re-post the pic please, it's not showing up...

So much riding-so little time
Xcuvator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #24473
shootis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
2009 FI quick disconnect question

I was wondering if the 90 degree quick disconnect normally flows fuel when released. Mine flows tons of gas form the tank side when its separated.

I had my tank off last week and I must have not connected it properly because about 3 hours into todays ride it popped off and soaked my leg and boot. I'm enjoying the chemical burn from that,,,

I bought my bike used and it has done this since I've had it so I'm unsure of what's normal,,

Thanks
shootis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #24474
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Mine definitely poured gas when I removed the tank. I haven;t had it fall off while riding since - but I will make sure I'm looking out for it now!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #24475
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Oddometer: 2,297
Mine just died again..

Gave the normal symptoms, the fan ran while motor running and bike would not start while choke/high idle lever was pulled. That is the second one in 7900 miles. I get the infrequent neutral flashing as well when this happens.

Quote:
Let me know if you figure anything out. I had recently installed the JT Tuner (Power Up was already installed by PO). But it did not blink immediately upon installation. I purchased a new temp sensor last time I got some parts - so I may throw it in to see if it makes a difference.

Mine is very random. Will blink once, maybe twice, but not at any timed interval. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Also, the fan is not running at all really, or not that I have seen, which is often mentioned regarding FI issues.

One of the members over at the Cafe Husky forum had some insight - but it doesn't seem to address the random actions of this neutral light.
begeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #24476
shootis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Mine definitely poured gas when I removed the tank. I haven;t had it fall off while riding since - but I will make sure I'm looking out for it now!
Thanks for the feedback. I was lucky that I was riding with a buddy that had a IMS 5 gallon tank that I could borrow some gas from.

I found it odd that it made it 3 hours before it let go. I'll defiantly check it better next time.
shootis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #24477
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Begeberg

Are you saying your temp sensor went bad again?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #24478
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootis View Post
I was wondering if the 90 degree quick disconnect normally flows fuel when released. Mine flows tons of gas form the tank side when its separated.

I had my tank off last week and I must have not connected it properly because about 3 hours into todays ride it popped off and soaked my leg and boot. I'm enjoying the chemical burn from that,,,

I bought my bike used and it has done this since I've had it so I'm unsure of what's normal,,

Thanks
I don't think they are not supposed to leak, but too many of them do anyway. I assume you are talking about the stock plastic quick-disconnects. I had better luck using metal ones on my Aprilia. It came stock with the same plastic ones and they leaked. The metal ones work great, but are a bit pricey.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #24479
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Yes.

Temp sensor bad again and had all three symptons including the flashing neutral that went away after shutting off and restarting. I would start there first as its a cheap fix and if that is not the cause of your woes you have a spare...

Quote:
Begeberg

Are you saying your temp sensor went bad again?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #24480
begeberg
That'll leave a mark..

Halls has them...

Metal ones for like $18 bucks a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkartoom View Post
I don't think they are not supposed to leak, but too many of them do anyway. I assume you are talking about the stock plastic quick-disconnects. I had better luck using metal ones on my Aprilia. It came stock with the same plastic ones and they leaked. The metal ones work great, but are a bit pricey.