Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #24586
motopreserve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Honestly, I thought the most interesting thing (after the fact that it was a first post) is that there was fault found with the cop (who loves 'em when you are getting pulled over - but no tail light AND out of date reg equals quotas AND safety), and seemingly he has issue with the shop that required that the money be repaid, which seems to be agreed to by the OP, or that they get the bike if the guy goes deadbeat. I am shocked that a shop was cool enough to get the bike out of impound to begin with!

Move to Brooklyn, they would have laughed when you asked them to get the bike out of lock-up, and broken your knee caps for asking.

hmmmm. Trying to see where the charity case is here....

MotoPreserve -- a blog about wrenching on bikes in Barre, VT...
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #24587
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
Stay tuned for some cool videos of me atop my mighty 610! My wife just got me these for my B-day
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #24588
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Unlimited View Post
At around 10,000 miles every Husky on the planet needs to replace these

40k and I haven't had to touch the clutch.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #24589
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonXX View Post

Have you gone in and looked it over really well?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #24590
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonXX View Post

Have you looked inside at those washers?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #24591
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,429
I fell for it too...opened mine up at 15,000 to deal with "honking clutch", and made sure I ordered the washers/cups from Indy because everybody assured me they had already been hammered for thousands of miles...yeah, they were fine.
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #24592
SilverBullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 lunger View Post
Stay tuned for some cool videos of me atop my mighty 610! My wife just got me these for my B-day
First I ever heard of these but I really like the concept. Please post back asap some videos and your review of them. I've resisted the bulky GoPro, Contour, Swan, etc. cameras so far but this I would consider buying. Here is their website I found:
http://www.liquidimageco.com/product...-384-all-sport

Also I couldn't find any links for ordering spare parts. For this product to be viable a readily available current and future supply would be mandatory. Don't want to be forced to shelf your expensive camera due to no lenses, strap or foam seal.

_
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #24593
1 lunger
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,205
you can order anything for these
1 lunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #24594
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
It's part of the Rekluse Z-start Pro initial configuration. I'll be posting all the details on Husky Forum, but it's in now, works as advertised, engine braking like stock, one finger clutch if you want to use it. Sits still while idling in first gear, and starts moving soon as you move the throttle. Engages hard enough to loft the front end if you've got the traction, but as hard as dumping the clutch would.
Not a difficult install, but can be a bit confusing if you've never done before. I had not.
I bet that is awesome on the 610. I've always liked the Rekluse setups and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the 610! It definitely was a fun bike.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #24595
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
I fell for it too...opened mine up at 15,000 to deal with "honking clutch", and made sure I ordered the washers/cups from Indy because everybody assured me they had already been hammered for thousands of miles...yeah, they were fine.
Fell for it implies a scam and is really unfair to Indy who's selling a really nice quality product that 610 owners do need.

Your experience is the outlier, PLENTY of us have had the washers come out ground up in the oil. At which point honestly it's too late.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #24596
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Fell for it implies a scam and is really unfair to Indy who's selling a really nice quality product that 610 owners do need.

Your experience is the outlier, PLENTY of us have had the washers come out ground up in the oil. At which point honestly it's too late.

I fell for all the "if you have over 10,000 miles on your bike, you will need these parts" comments. Did I misread them? Yes, it's a fine quality product...that I paid a somewhat premium price for...that I bought based on these comments...that I didn't need.

YMMV and all that.
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #24597
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,182
Cup washers

mine where stuffed at at 5000k ,
I have looked at 3 other 610 that where are the same under 10000k's

I am very grateful to indy for supplying a great product at a good price , that has helped me and many others out .

3 610 with indys washers
Old 12-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #24598
JonXX
Infraction Collector

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
Have you gone in and looked it over really well?
Yes. The original clutch got a thorough inspection when I did the cam chain at 19k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG DoM View Post
Have you looked inside at those washers?
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
opened mine up at 15,000 to deal with "honking clutch"...everybody assured me (the washers and cups) had already been hammered for thousands of miles...yeah, they were fine.
My clutch has never "honked" as described all over the internet. I had the same inspection results.

Note that I am neither slamming anyone nor accusing anyone of being a scammer. Indy's pieces look great - for those who need them. But, as we've seen, clutches (and cam chains) and their lives are as different as the riders that use them. We've seen people reporting cam chain replacement at 5k, some around 7500, I did mine at 19k, there are guys in the 20k's that are on the original. Perhaps the TE guys are harder on their clutches, brakes and throttles than us SM guys...But I doubt it.

"They" said we couldn't run the OBDR on supermotos...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #24599
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrags View Post
I agree with you. Typical panhandler story - complex and way too much detail. Sorry if I seem crass, but I've seen this too many times.
Everyone in California who purchases a car or bike, must follow up with the sales tax at the DMV. Your statement that "the idiot cop" who pulled you over for a tail light out and impounding for 1 month expired registration baffles me. I looked up the rules in the vehicle code. 22651 (O) VC is...

(A) With a registration expiration date in excess of six months before the date it is found or operated on the highway, public lands, or the offstreet parking facility.(o) (1) When a vehicle is found or operated upon a highway, public land, or an offstreet parking facility under the following circumstances:
This means popo can't impound it until AFTER 6 months expiration. Also, I know motorcycle registration isn't that high. Even for my '09 Ultra Classic, it isn't that high. The fee is usually equivalent to the value of you car/bike. Mercedes Brabus or Maybach= a monthly mortgage payment. A few year old dual sport bike= a couple $100.

I have several motorcycles that are all current in registration AND insured. Some are toys, some are therapy and sometimes commuter. But unlike most of the state, I try to stay within my budget. If I can't afford it, I do with out it..for the most part.

ps, the idiot cop was doing his job. Maybe this month, en light of the Connecticut tragedy and thinking about what 1st responders have to go through, and with the many depressed people who commit suicide during the holidays and the 1st responders have to deal with it, maybe...just mayyybe we could thank the LEO's who are there to trying to keep us safe, Instead of placing fault on them. It's just a suggestion and only my $0.02.
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #24600
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by stujamur View Post
Cup washers

mine where stuffed at at 5000k ,
I have looked at 3 other 610 that where are the same under 10000k's

I am very grateful to indy for supplying a great product at a good price , that has helped me and many others out .

3 610 with indys washers
I finally did the copper bushing on my clutch - so yes I had the clutch out of the bike - washers were just fine - even though I have Indy's on the shelf - oh and I have 22,000 miles on my 07.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote