ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-24-2006, 02:09 AM   #316
Hoder
Card carrying greeny
 
Hoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Buckley, Washington
Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted West
I swear, sometimes on weekends when I've had a few beers and it's late I'll go out in the shed, put the light on and just sit on her and pat the gas tank. Hell, I even talk to her. Jeez, talk about a cry for help, but I'm ok with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeterson
wheewww! I thought I was the only one that did that!
I also thought I was the only one. Me and my Husky have killed many a half rack, talking into the wee hours about what we're going to do & where we're going to go. Sick yes, but it makes me happy.
__________________
See my pics

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #317
husky123
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Oddometer: 1,454
07's are trickling in!

The '07's are starting to show up in the dealers boys! Mine just called yesterday. The wait is O V E R!

Lee
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:50 AM   #318
jarthur
Old Desert Rat
 
jarthur's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Sacamento, Ca. Foothills
Oddometer: 229
First Ride Report - New TE 610

I decided to register and join the fun. Here is my first ride report after picking up my new 2006 TE 610.
Dealer: I backed the bike out of the parking stall ďOn PointĒ with the grace of a Russian Ballerina who has been trained on the stinging end of a switch.
Mile 1.5: The motor is quite nice. Smooth and buttery like a Rombauer chardonnay. Does this bike have neutral?
Mile 6: Cross town stop-n-go riding reveals a motor that pulls strong and steady from clutch engagement. Itís not as smooth as my former DR650, but much better than a friendís KTM 625 SM. Great motor. Is there neutral?
Mile 10: On the freeway. Bike accelerates very smartly, and runs good at freeway speeds. No wobble or other annoyances. Iím getting impressed. Whew, do not need to think about neutral.
Mile 23: The motor rocks. The seat is uncomfortable though.
Mile 28: Did I mention the motor rocks? Riding side saddle is not just for girls. Aaah, relief.
Mile 30: Itís too dang cold to be side saddle. Itís in the mid-30ís and with a wind chill at 75 MPH, my privates have reascended into my abdomen. I hope I see them again before New Years.
Mile 31.5: The seat is a worn out version of the instrument used to lance hemorrhoids.
Mile 34: The motor rails up two 6%-7% grades at 75 MPH in 6th gear better than 250+HP cars. Love that motor. The seat is not a dull lance. The seat is a colon probe designed by Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
Mile 36: Brakes work nicely decelerating off the freeway. Where the $&^%^ is neutral?
Home: Oh shit. I canít keep the side stand down and swing my leg over my shoulder at the same time to get off the bike. Honey!! Honey dearest!!!!! Could you lend me a hand?

I canít wait to get the bike dirty in Death Valley in a month or so.

So, does anyone have the manual explaining how to find neutral while riding. I clearly need to study it. Suggestions for an after-market seat?

Cheers and Happy Holidays.
jarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #319
sethro
Studly Adventurer
 
sethro's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: flagstaff
Oddometer: 823
find nuetral before stopping, it will get better with some miles, I can find it every time now

Sethro
__________________
Overland Land Cruiser build here http://www.expocruiser.info/expo/Expo_Cruiser/Home.html
TEC REHAB
I repair broken iPhones and iPods, iPads, Laptop screens and cell phones.
Flagstaff AZ 928-600-6768
www.tecrehab.com
sethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:15 PM   #320
bacon
KZ5TLP
 
bacon's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur
I decided to register and join the fun. Here is my first ride report after picking up my new 2006 TE 610.
Dealer: I backed the bike out of the parking stall ďOn PointĒ with the grace of a Russian Ballerina who has been trained on the stinging end of a switch.
Mile 1.5: The motor is quite nice. Smooth and buttery like a Rombauer chardonnay. Does this bike have neutral?
Mile 6: Cross town stop-n-go riding reveals a motor that pulls strong and steady from clutch engagement. Itís not as smooth as my former DR650, but much better than a friendís KTM 625 SM. Great motor. Is there neutral?
Mile 10: On the freeway. Bike accelerates very smartly, and runs good at freeway speeds. No wobble or other annoyances. Iím getting impressed. Whew, do not need to think about neutral.
Mile 23: The motor rocks. The seat is uncomfortable though.
Mile 28: Did I mention the motor rocks? Riding side saddle is not just for girls. Aaah, relief.
Mile 30: Itís too dang cold to be side saddle. Itís in the mid-30ís and with a wind chill at 75 MPH, my privates have reascended into my abdomen. I hope I see them again before New Years.
Mile 31.5: The seat is a worn out version of the instrument used to lance hemorrhoids.
Mile 34: The motor rails up two 6%-7% grades at 75 MPH in 6th gear better than 250+HP cars. Love that motor. The seat is not a dull lance. The seat is a colon probe designed by Dr. Hannibal Lecter.
Mile 36: Brakes work nicely decelerating off the freeway. Where the $&^%^ is neutral?
Home: Oh shit. I canít keep the side stand down and swing my leg over my shoulder at the same time to get off the bike. Honey!! Honey dearest!!!!! Could you lend me a hand?

I canít wait to get the bike dirty in Death Valley in a month or so.

So, does anyone have the manual explaining how to find neutral while riding. I clearly need to study it. Suggestions for an after-market seat?

Cheers and Happy Holidays.
No help from me just wanted to say thanks for the laugh.
I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas
__________________
"Be still, and know that I am God"

For all that motorcycling is, one of it's greatest gifts is the ability to take us to places where that quote is the first things that came to my mind.
bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #321
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
buffallodan's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Frankfort Kentucky
Oddometer: 1,707
Who say's Husky's can't swim?
























Who says Husky's can't swim?
Man even though I saved it and cleared these crossing I sure do wish we had a better snorkel. Oh well if you must have one flaw in the china I guess this one will have to be it ...

Dan

buffallodan screwed with this post 12-24-2006 at 09:11 PM
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #322
Reelman
I'm Hooked!
 
Reelman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Oddometer: 26
Custom Seat a Must

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur

I can’t wait to get the bike dirty in Death Valley in a month or so.

So, does anyone have the manual explaining how to find neutral while riding. I clearly need to study it. Suggestions for an after-market seat?

Cheers and Happy Holidays.
You haven't completed your profile yet so I don't know where you are. If anywhere near Western Oregon, I have a great seat from Mr. Eds Moto for my 2006 TE610E:

http://www.mredsmoto.com/index.cfm?f...TOKEN=27185078



If you don't have one by DVD, we can put this one on your bike to give you a general idea. Have fun!!

Dan
__________________
2006 Husqvarna TE610E (yellow & blue)
2005 Ural Patrol (woodland green)
2004 R1150GS Adventure (night black)
2003 K1200LT (anthracite)
BMWMOA #117600
WSBMWR "Reelman"

Reelman screwed with this post 12-25-2006 at 01:42 PM
Reelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #323
Hoder
Card carrying greeny
 
Hoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Buckley, Washington
Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky610
It doesn't have kickstart and to be a true Adventure bike, it's got to have a kickstart. IMO! What happens when the battery dies?
The 610 doesn't have a kick start either.
__________________
See my pics

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 09:21 AM   #324
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Dearborn MI
Oddometer: 1,313
TE610 Kickstart Kit?

There were all kinda rumors they would sell a kit. Did it flop like the big factory tank rumor?
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:08 PM   #325
JimC
Beastly Adventurer
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 1,039
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarthur
I canít wait to get the bike dirty in Death Valley in a month or so.

So, does anyone have the manual explaining how to find neutral while riding. I clearly need to study it. Suggestions for an after-market seat?
About time you finally posted something instead of lurking!

Fill out your profile so people know where you are located. you NOOB!

Check out the Mr Ed's seat, I hear he does a great job on his seats.

Jim in Sacramento (close to jarthur)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #326
Ted West
n00b-ish
 
Ted West's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: South of Boston, MA - USA
Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan






Who says Husky's can't swim? ...
Dan oh Dan, not exactly my cup of tea on a motorcycle but I'm inspired you are out there doing this on the same bike I have (well, mine is way less modified). Good for you!

-TEd
__________________
-Ted West
'06 Husqvarna TE250
'82 Husqvarna 430WR
'81 Husqvarna 250XC
Ted West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #327
EMrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Pasadena, CA
Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky610
What is wrong with these companies? The 510 has the kickstarter. I may have to go that way. At least it's lighter than the 610!

Is there any truth to the rumor that the Husqvarnas are getting a new 4th generation engine in 2008?
My thoughts exactly. If the 610 has a kickstart backup, it would be the perfect adventure bike. I own an 06 TE450 and the off road performance is amazing. Best dirtbike I've ever owned. But not a great bike for long adventure type rides with some pavement in the mix.

But I've seen a few e-start only bikes fully drain the battery after a crash and getting flooded and that has me worried. A flooded bike in deep sand at the bottom of a canyon can't be bump started. You are SOL and stuck. I have no idea what Husky was thinking when it went e-start only on this bike? Hopefully Husky will make a kickstart kit available.
R


R
EMrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:29 PM   #328
Chadleys1
working on it
 
Chadleys1's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Texas Hillcountry
Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
Who says Husky's can't swim?
Man even though I saved it and cleared these crossing I sure do wish we had a better snorkel. Oh well if you must have one flaw in the china I guess this one will have to be it ...

Dan
Dan, you are mad, MAD I say!!!!!!!
mmmmwwahhahahaaaaa
Those pics are awesome!!!!
__________________
"It's not a death machine, Mom, it's a LIFE machine" - a motorcyclist
Chadleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:23 PM   #329
Hoder
Card carrying greeny
 
Hoder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Buckley, Washington
Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMrider
But I've seen a few e-start only bikes fully drain the battery after a crash and getting flooded and that has me worried.
Don't worry. I've had mine upside down more than a couple of times with gas pouring out all over the place. Pull the red knob & she fires right up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky610
What is wrong with these companies? The 510 has the kickstarter. I may have to go that way. At least it's lighter than the 610!
You gonna change your name again? You should be able to put a kick start on if it makes you feel better. There's a hole for one it's just capped. For the record I've never heard of anyone needing to kick start a 610. BigDog lost his battery out in bumfuck & just bump started it. There's a couple other stories about batteries going TU but no one's jumped on the kick start wagon that I know of.
__________________
See my pics

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.

Hoder screwed with this post 12-25-2006 at 11:28 PM
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:27 PM   #330
gaspipe
Wandering Soul
 
gaspipe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Pickwick Lake, Tennessippi
Oddometer: 11,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
The 610 doesn't have a kick start either.
You push start it.
__________________
gaspipe [the original]

Hair of the dog....
gaspipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014