Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #376
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozdick
Hey Gang

Been looking in here for info about suspension settings. I think I am clear on the front end but rear I have questions and the book is worthless.

Rear shock. Big knob slow speed, what's your thinking? Does it bottom out, if so how many clicks out? High speed 22 clicks available how many clicks out? Clicker on bottom is rebound I think again how many clicks out of 22 available.

I set the free sag at 1 inch - with my 200 lbs on it 3 3/4 inches total sag.

TIA

Foz
One thing to keep in mind is the rear shock will settle a bit after it breaks in. Another thing to check is the rebound. I had to set the compression damping at it's absolute minimum and then increased the rebound damping a couple of clicks to balance it. I hope I said that right...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #377
EMrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky123
You're right I botched that....typo all the way. I got my 07 for $6500 out the door. Yes that's below MSRP and yes I define out the door just like you EM
Quite a good deal. Here in liberal-tax-happy CA, sales tax alone is about 9% and bikes are scarce to begin with. That results in OTD prices in the $8+k neighborhood for a new Husky.

Expensive, yes. But still quite a bargan IMHO when you consider what an incredible piece of engineering and machinery you get in a modern dirtbike. The things my bikes do and the beating they take, without faltering on the reliability front, often amazes me. Then add the fun and relaxation they bring into my life. Way more than other "toys" costing anywhere from 3x to 20x the price of my TE. Such a deal!
R
EMrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #378
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123
Hello to all,

I trying to decide on which saddle bags to get for my 610. It is between the Dirt Bagz and the Wolfmans. I like the Wolfmans with its yellow pvc coating. It appears to be more waterproof than the D.B. and the yellow goes well with the 610. The problem I see is that they don't come with brackets like the D.B. So I'm leaning more towards the D.B. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Fletch
Hi Fletch--------I like those Wolfamans too--don't have any but they look really nice. I would think you would need a rack to hold them off the bike-----the dirtbagz rack would do that I bet.

I do have the dirtbagz and put 8,000 miles on the 610 last year and never got any dust or water in them--------I was really surprised.

I did prepare them well tho-----when they were clean I soaked them with that aerosol waterproof stuff from Wal-Mart--------couldn't believe how waterproff they are after treating them. They are so light and unobtrusive I'm keeping them.

I have the smaller ones from dirtbagz.

Somewhere in Mexico

Not one bit of that dust got inside
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #379
Chadleys1
working on it

Oddometer: 568
good photo

That is the TE610 pic of the year.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:36 PM   #380
Fozdick
Still Thinking

Oddometer: 163
Bars

Miguel

All will be forgiven if you get me a set of Protapers [high] and some dirt bags.

Foz
Fozdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #381
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

The section we finished on last ride where one of our guys submerged his 250...a little better this week.

We had just crossed this and since our feet where wet I wanted to show the depth before I rung out my socks...

Turned around by fast current with water above the knees...if you can't stand you can't push a bike across we decided...

A little mud, my tires are due for replacement as I was sliding in the slick stuff today...

I am getting good at running these creeks especially the dry rocky sections...speed is your friend.

Beautiful area that felt very pristine...

I love moss and algae...

That darn tree bent my spoke when I went to skirt around it , damhik ...

Nice moss covered old stone wall, man I love this section...

A little drop to test us...

A lot of dabs on the slick stuff, if it was a trials event I think I would not have qualified...

The Husky's intake is too low to cross the super deep stuff...I am really wanting to modify it but can't figure it out...

The falls at falls at the end of the ride...

I hope you guys don't mind my minor Hijack's with adding some pics ...

Dan
Old 01-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #382
Fozdick
Still Thinking

Oddometer: 163
Dan

Go for it Dan
Fozdick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #383
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDesirer
I read a post once where someone had used some bicycle panniers (saddlebags) on his moto and that got me thinking.
I'm still working on the idea of bicyle panniers since I've already got some. (they clip nicely on the Promoto Billet rack but require relocation of the turn signals) I'm ordering the pannier supports on Monday. These Arkels are the best I've seen on the net but they cost $339. They come with an inner dry bag & special pockets for tent poles, etc. On the subject of waterproof panniers here's something to ponder:

http://www.arkel-od.com/tips/waterproof.asp?fl=1&site=
Attached Images

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #384
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

I went with the Dirtbags for mainly two reasons. Bigdog tested them for us and they are pretty reasonable priced. For a little over 200.00 for racks and bags, plus you won't need to do any fabrication...The racks differ from Bigdog's in that instead of mounting to one bolt on the upper subframe they made a plate that attaches to two of the subframes bolts. I think this strengthens the attatchment point and will improve it's durability somewhat...I opted for the larger bags as they had the inner roll up bag and just in case I needed the volume it would be there.

Dan
Old 01-07-2007, 07:51 AM   #385
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch123
Hello to all,

I trying to decide on which saddle bags to get for my 610. It is between the Dirt Bagz and the Wolfmans. I like the Wolfmans with its yellow pvc coating. It appears to be more waterproof than the D.B. and the yellow goes well with the 610. The problem I see is that they don't come with brackets like the D.B. So I'm leaning more towards the D.B. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Fletch
I don't see why these would'nt work with the Dirtbag brackets...plus you could easily sew a piece of material to go over the loop on the bracket to help support the bags. The Dirtbags also have a strap that loops around the bottom of the bracket that keeps the bags from flopping away from them and this could easily be added as well...

Dan

buffallodan screwed with this post 01-07-2007 at 03:14 PM Reason: Corrected Statement with spelling...
Old 01-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #386
fletch123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com
Hi Fletch--------I like those Wolfamans too--don't have any but they look really nice. I would think you would need a rack to hold them off the bike-----the dirtbagz rack would do that I bet.

I do have the dirtbagz and put 8,000 miles on the 610 last year and never got any dust or water in them--------I was really surprised.

I did prepare them well tho-----when they were clean I soaked them with that aerosol waterproof stuff from Wal-Mart--------couldn't believe how waterproff they are after treating them. They are so light and unobtrusive I'm keeping them.

I have the smaller ones from dirtbagz.

Somewhere in Mexico

Not one bit of that dust got inside

Thanks for the reply Big Dog,

I was over at Offroute's house yesterday and was checking out his D.B. set on his 610. He has a backround in backpack design and is familiar with different materials. He said that in his experience the pvc stuff doesn't hold up as well as the D.B. material (forget what it's called). As far as waterproofing your idea of silcone and garbage bags works me, and as far as looks I guess once your covered in dust like the above that's truly the best look one could ask for. Finally the Wolfmans are a bit more money and thats without the brackets.

Fletch
fletch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:26 AM   #387
dugan13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Got Mine!!

Hello Everyone:

I just picked up my TE this past weekend at Heinen & Mason in the Twin Cities. It was a 1200 mile round trip but they are about the closest to us and my mom lives nearby.

Kind of cold on the way back!

Nice crate, I think I'll keep it.

A friend and I spent yesterday putting the bike together. Everything went well. We did find a way to mount the front turn signals without the brackets. There are holes in the headlight plastic that do work. The turn signals end up much tighter to the bike and might even last through a fall because the headlight plastic is not mounted rigid. Then we found the brackets and put them on the other way.

Jeff looks small next to the tall husky

We should be able to ride here this week as the temps are going to approach 50. Can't wait.

Are there pictures anywhere of relocated rear turn signals?
1966 X6 Hustler
dugan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #388
newcastlebrown
cars suck

Oddometer: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Who is the best Dealer in So. Cal.?

Malcolm Smith in Riverside?

Eric's in Pasadena?

Any others?

I'd be willing to pay a bit more for good service and trustworthy dealer.

Up-Tite in Santa Ana, George is a Husky guru
newcastlebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #389
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
I've heard nothing but great things about Dan at Motoxotica

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #390
MoonRock
High Energy Atomic Nuclei

Oddometer: 868
I thought the new TE610's were fuel injected. The one I looked at today had a carb on it. Does anyone know trhe story on this?
MoonRock is offline   Reply With Quote