Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #691
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted West
Nice of you to offer and I would love to, unfortunately that's Father's Day weekend and plans have already been made. However, one of my riding buddies is in CT and I grew up there so there are CT dual sport plans in the works. I'll give you a heads up and maybe we can get your crew and my crew together. My crew consists of two TE610s and an LC4 from MA and an ATK 605 from CT. I'll keep you posted.

-T

PS Looking forward to your TE610 review and pics
Thanks, that's cool. My crew varies from GS1200's, GranCanyons to KLR's. Boy, am I gonna punish those KLR bastards for dragging me through some of the nastiest places on my GS1150. Actually, I surprised them with some of the places that bike will go. What a machine! Best all around bike in the world...IMHO of course.
Well, I'm off to pick up the 610. Man, I'll soon be 60, but I feel like a six year old at Christmas. Maybe I was deprived as a child...yeah,,yeah,,thats it, I was deprived as a child....
-G
motogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #692
Ted West
n00b-ish

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1
Thanks, that's cool. My crew varies from GS1200's, GranCanyons to KLR's. Boy, am I gonna punish those KLR bastards for dragging me through some of the nastiest places on my GS1150. Actually, I surprised them with some of the places that bike will go. What a machine! Best all around bike in the world...IMHO of course.
Well, I'm off to pick up the 610. Man, I'll soon be 60, but I feel like a six year old at Christmas. Maybe I was deprived as a child...yeah,,yeah,,thats it, I was deprived as a child....
-G
That is so great! It's also great to hear you love the R1150GS. I day dreamed about that bike for years until I learned of the TE. It was always out of my price range but to this day I still want to own a GS Adventure. This was my wallpaper on my computer for 4 years straight (during the non-bike diaper years )

I'm dying to know what you think of the TE. I will say this, I've owned mine for over a year and she still keeps surprising me. I went out last weekend and hit the trails very hard and was utterly amazed how competent it was. I used to say the bike is as close to 50/50 (dirt/road) as you can get but now I'm 75/50 for a total of 125%! My point is there is very little compromise in the dirt. The road is another story but you have a GS for that

Merry Christmas man!
'81 Husqvarna 250XC
Ted West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #693
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
That is so great! It's also great to hear you love the R1150GS. I day dreamed about that bike for years until I learned of the TE. It was always out of my price range but to this day I still want to own a GS Adventure. This was my wallpaper on my computer for 4 years straight (during the non-bike diaper years )

I'm dying to know what you think of the TE. I will say this, I've owned mine for over a year and she still keeps surprising me. I went out last weekend and hit the trails very hard and was utterly amazed how competent it was. I used to say the bike is as close to 50/50 (dirt/road) as you can get but now I'm 75/50 for a total of 125%! My point is there is very little compromise in the dirt. The road is another story but you have a GS for that

Merry Christmas man!
Got the 610 home at 6:30. Jumped into the riding gear. Its snowing and 36F outside. Took her for a 16 mile ride...."I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so......This motor is Schweeeet and smoooth. I'm gonna love this bike!! I'll post a pic when I get it all setup. If I can stay off of it long enough to set it up....
Yeah, the GS is amazing. In the 3 years I've owned it, I've put 50,000 miles on it. Two AMA road tours, the dragon road (318 turns in 11 miles) and many others in N.C., the TransAm trail, track days at NHIS and impressed some guys with sport bikes and much more HP, what an ugly, 530 lb bike with a whopping 85 HP can do.
I have some pics of a 10k mile trip I did in 05. From here through N.D., where I grew up, down through CO. to Phoenix, did a 10 day AMA tour through the canyon lands. Southern UT is awesome!! And back by a southern route. See http://imageevent.com/motogo1/05motorcycletrip
motogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #694
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,709
Quote:

Merry Christmas man!
I had the same wallpaper , I couldn't afford it and a smaller dirt capable bike, so I ended up with the 610. I still want a larger bike for serious mileage and the 1150 and the 950Adv are both still trying to seduce me ...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:52 PM   #695
offroute
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
610 Head Bearings Check

Checked the steering head bearings on my '06 TE-610. 2100 miles and six months since new. Bearings were both loaded with grease from the factory - not dry as many have reported... FYI.

If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we're going.
offroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:54 AM   #696
Ted West
n00b-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogo1
Got the 610 home at 6:30. Jumped into the riding gear. Its snowing and 36F outside. Took her for a 16 mile ride...."I'm in heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so......This motor is Schweeeet and smoooth. I'm gonna love this bike!! I'll post a pic when I get it all setup. If I can stay off of it long enough to set it up....
Yeah, the GS is amazing. In the 3 years I've owned it, I've put 50,000 miles on it. Two AMA road tours, the dragon road (318 turns in 11 miles) and many others in N.C., the TransAm trail, track days at NHIS and impressed some guys with sport bikes and much more HP, what an ugly, 530 lb bike with a whopping 85 HP can do.
I have some pics of a 10k mile trip I did in 05. From here through N.D., where I grew up, down through CO. to Phoenix, did a 10 day AMA tour through the canyon lands. Southern UT is awesome!! And back by a southern route. See http://imageevent.com/motogo1/05motorcycletrip
Very cool. I'm glad you love the bike and those pics are sweet!! Keep'em coming and cheers!
'81 Husqvarna 250XC
Old 04-06-2007, 04:57 AM   #697
Ted West
n00b-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
I had the same wallpaper , I couldn't afford it and a smaller dirt capable bike, so I ended up with the 610. I still want a larger bike for serious mileage and the 1150 and the 950Adv are both still trying to seduce me ...

Dan
That is too funny. It's as if we're all brothers on this thread and forum.
'81 Husqvarna 250XC
Old 04-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #698
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan

Dan

I'm going the opposite way. I have an 1150GS which I love and will never sell. I still like the older style better - just love the solid feel of that bike.

Thta's the bike that got me into riding dirt. After i took it some places i wasn't good enough to take it, i realized I needed to learn trail riding on a smaller bike.

But I still want to explore !

So I got a DRZ400K (Kicker). Great bike - rock solid. Have it set up with large tank, bags and all kinds of stuff. Still under 250lbs with an aftermarket exhaust.

But I'm dreaming of a TE610. Something more roadworthy, that can take me that 100 miles to the mountain passes and do some hwy if need be.

right now, the longer, 300 mile day rides are out of reach on the DRZ, but the GS is too big for the rough stuff that awaits...

But TE610 is pricey too...

So for the time being, I'm happy with the DRZ - I've dropped it on rocks so many times, and it always just gets up and keeps on going.

Someday though, I'll get a TE610.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #699
cbig
Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer: 897
Leaking gas cap - anyone

had this problem? I at first thought I might be missing a gasket- but it's there.

Just started leaking off road.

suggestions?

thanks
Old 04-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #700
JBird
Retriever

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbig
had this problem? I at first thought I might be missing a gasket- but it's there.

Just started leaking off road.

suggestions?

thanks
Mine pours out gas!! I just don't fill it full now and I'm looking and waiting for a good aftermarket tank.
'08 Goldwing
'98 Golden Retriever
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #701
SD929
RandomTask

Oddometer: 72
Hey fellow 610 owners,

I'm leaking a few drops of oil after a ride, from the hex head oil drain plug. I've checked it that it's securely snug, is there some kind of crush washer that should be there or needs to be replaced when changing the oil? ( I haven't changed mine yet, but getting ready to. I don't see one on there currently)
SD929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #702
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbig
The tank shouldn't be filled past the lower hose on the front of the tank. If it's filled past this it will drain out the vent hose. Are you sure it's leaking from the cap? (is it filling the well where the cap goes?)

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 AM   #703
ronsolo
Hooplehead

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
The tank shouldn't be filled past the lower hose on the front of the tank. If it's filled past this it will drain out the vent hose. Are you sure it's leaking from the cap? (is it filling the well where the cap goes?)
I came to the same conclusion when this happened to me the first time. I mean a lot of bikes will do this but it "drains" pretty well on the 610. After fueling I came out from getting some snacks and there was a puddle of fuel.

Check to make sure it's not coming out the overflow...venthoses
ronsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #704
cbig
Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer: 897
I checked it again with a full tank of fuel,

and it's not leaking as best I can tell past the gasket, so it is a vent issue or something to do with the emissions. It did it in the desert after several hours of hot riding. I didn't overfill, and the thing didn't stop leaking until it got down to the low fuel light level...

suggestions?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #705
Supermoto_Mike
just your average guy

Oddometer: 5
Thumb

Not a TE but it is a 610

Supermoto_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote