User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #61
Dualsport
Maker of Sweet Cheek

Oddometer: 776
Newest TE-610

Husky just started releasing the latest version TE-610. A dealer in MN just recieved his 07 shipment. (he's selling them at 6199.)
I don't have the title yet, but the 10th digit in the vin is still 6. It has a MUCH softer rear spring. I'm still looking for other obvious differences. I have the battery on charge and almost have it ready to start.

Buy now 6,199 + 300 shipping and 75 title fees.

Dualsport screwed with this post 08-30-2006 at 04:09 PM
Dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:46 PM   #62
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
Welcome to the Fold Ray. Look forward to riding with you and the boys again down in the Gorge. I have been doing a lot of scouting and Jeff Stoess is going to show me some more stuff once he gets his bike built.

Dan

Keep us posted on the bike and its differences as you find them...
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #63
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer: 4,683
Not that this is relevant, but I got to ride a 2006 Husky TC510 today. Very sweet bike!

I went right from my KTM 300EXC to the 510 and I really liked it. It felt nimble, light, and the motor was not at all what I expected. I'd ridden a KTM 400EXC and its motor felt really lazy and soft to me, compared to my two stroke. But the 510 was nice and crisp, and had a quick rev to it.

The owner also has a 610 but he says it weighs about 100 lbs more and when he rode it off-road he just about freaked because he couldn't turn it LOL. He loves the 510 though, and I agreed that it was top notch. He doesn't have the dual sport stuff on it though. I'm trying to convince him to get it.

He did say that his 510 was boiling over when riding slow, and I noticed it didn't have a fan or a coolant overflow. I wonder if they add those to the street legal versions.

Hmm I just looked it up and there are two 510's. Now I wonder if the TE510 with six gears will be as sweet, or if it would be underpowered compared to the TC510.
potatoho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #64
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
TE510 has six gear's,, E-start & kick, overflow tank, street legal dualsport equiped, & depending on the site, anywhere from 52 to 55 horse at the rear wheel, with a 239 lb dry weight or ready to ride, no gas,, about 265, it's a rocket, with power everywhere

P.S. No fan

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:50 PM   #65
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer: 4,683
I looked around a bit, and from what I understand the TE models have a counterbalancer and at least the older TC models did not. 2006 TC have a counterbalancer?

I suspect that it was the combo of lighter flywheel and no counterbalancer that I liked about the TC510. I like the quick revving.
potatoho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:00 PM   #66
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
no counterbalancer on TC's for 06, kinda doubtfull 07's will have them

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:04 PM   #67
DRipp
Stu's cousin Darryl

Oddometer: 114
Wicked Here's Mine

Here is a snap of my TE-610 just before leaving and during a 1100 mile plus 3 day ride.

Before

and during

DRipp screwed with this post 09-04-2006 at 10:27 PM
DRipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #68
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRipp
Here is a snap of my TE-610 just before leaving and during a 1100 mile plus 3 day ride.
Got a ride report?

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #69
bpeterson
I just tweeted it

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:

looks good! looking forward to the trip report. How did you mount the dirtbagz? Is that the promoto billet rack?

Brian
'02 DR-Z 400S - for sale soon
'06 TE 610 - sold
bpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #70
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
Welcome to the Asylum DrRipp,
And welcome to our little group. Tell us about the Sheepskin pad too as well as how the Dirtbags fared on the trip...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:31 PM   #71
DRipp
Stu's cousin Darryl

In my quest to be a little bit different I took the PMB rack and welded some 3/8" round stock tabs to the pannier protecters to match the birt bagz mount. The strap goes down to the loop on the rear peg mounts. The bagz worked great.

The sheepskin is from Alaska Leather, Barb will hook you up, the best 40 bucks I've spent in a long time. It goes on and off in about 30 sec. If I remember right it is a "pillion 1".

For a ride report go to "Offical WMRS II Ride Report" not sure how to add a link, I rode with CA Stu

Later,
DRipp
Old 09-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #72
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
In my quest to be a little bit different I took the PMB rack and welded some 3/8" round stock tabs to the pannier protecters to match the birt bagz mount. The strap goes down to the loop on the rear peg mounts. The bagz worked great.
Have you (or anyone else) considered fabbing a new subframe extension or even a simple bolt-on bar to increase the weight capacity of the rack? How do you like that tire? I almost bought one but had to try a Terraflex. I've about half burned it up in 600 miles.

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #73
DirtRideRoader
Armed and Dangerous

Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffallodan
I haven't seen many dyno results so I guess most are just using the plug as an indicator? I am a complete noob to jetting but will do my own, so I can learn the hard way ...can't wait to get the LV and do my first full rejet.

Dan
AF1 Racing, in New Braunfels, Texas is who you need to see. They do all kind of tuning for race bikes. They have experience with the Husqvarnas too. They created a custom mapping form my Aprilia. Very experienced Dyno guys.
IBA #23263
DirtRideRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #74
bpeterson
I just tweeted it

Oddometer: 1,034
Quote:

The sheepskin is from Alaska Leather, Barb will hook you up, the best 40 bucks I've spent in a long time. It goes on and off in about 30 sec. If I remember right it is a "pillion 1".

For a ride report go to "Offical WMRS II Ride Report" not sure how to add a link, I rode with CA Stu

Later,
DRipp
looks great. I wish I could weld, then I'd get the PMB rack and use the dirtbagz I already have!

oh, and welcome to the site
'02 DR-Z 400S - for sale soon
'06 TE 610 - sold
bpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #75
DRipp
Stu's cousin Darryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
Have you (or anyone else) considered fabbing a new subframe extension or even a simple bolt-on bar to increase the weight capacity of the rack? How do you like that tire? I almost bought one but had to try a Terraflex. I've about half burned it up in 600 miles.
I will let you know about the Rally Raid in a few weeks, only have less than a hundred street miles on this one.
As far a beefing the rack, when this one sags I'll fix it. So far it has been fine even after 65 hard miles, running 50-60 mph on some serious stand up wash board rain rutted road across Saline Valley.

Later,
DRipp