Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #8146
2 strokes 4 life
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
What sprocket combo are you using on the TE510?
1981 Yamaha IT465 (hill climber)
Looking for next ADV Bike.
2 strokes 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #8147
sbn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geetz
After the first one, then oil changes every 3100 miles (not km). I do it more often.

This bike seems to be the perfect compromise. 220 lbs of me and 50 lbs of gear and it kept right up in California bay area freeway traffic. (Not saying I enjoyed it....) And now that my off-road skills are improving, it does fine in tight single track as well. (Though I'm sure a lighter bike would be better.)
That sounds great with that service interval.. Sounds like a great dualsport 600 bike.. think I will visit my local husqvarna dealer in the near future to have a look.

I see that IMS tanks makes bigger tanks for the early models. Doesnt anyone make bigger tanks for the new models?

What about other accessories who makes that to the 610?
sbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #8148
Svart
...is swedish for black

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbn
That sounds great with that service interval.. Sounds like a great dualsport 600 bike.. think I will visit my local husqvarna dealer in the near future to have a look.

I see that IMS tanks makes bigger tanks for the early models. Doesnt anyone make bigger tanks for the new models?

What about other accessories who makes that to the 610?
Greetings!

Great bike, lots of fun. No bigger tanks yet, but they may be on their way.
motosportz have some interesting stuff, havent got the correct adress right now but Im sure someone else here does.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #8149
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svart
Greetings!

Great bike, lots of fun. No bigger tanks yet, but they may be on their way.
motosportz have some interesting stuff, havent got the correct adress right now but Im sure someone else here does.
http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm

Also check the important info sticky at the top of the Husky forum in ThumperTalk, lots of options & dealer listings there

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #8150
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,359
Pictures of the new 610 Corbin seat.

http://www.corbin.com/husqvarna/huste6106.shtml

Not as bad looking as I thought.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #8151
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 strokes 4 life
What sprocket combo are you using on the TE510?
15/45 combo, same as the TE610. My first ride report in this thread shows what
types of terrain I rode with that gearing.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365470

Here is a excel spreadsheet you can utilize to check changes to or your current gear combo:

http://www.dhunter-engineering.com/H...%20Gearing.xls

It contains the TE510 gearing parameters however the tire dimensions are the same as the TE610.

Save it and then make the necessary changes to the primary ratio, secondary ratio and 1st thru 6th internal gear ratios for the TE610.

I find it very usefull for selecting the optimum sprockets based on the type of ride and also assuring that some posters will allways spew inaccuracies about gearing realities.
Fast1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #8152
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,264
I wonder who's bike Corbin used for the photographs? The plastics look brand new/perfect and the bike still has all its reflectors but the bike is used.. it has dirtbagz, probillet rack, a skidplate, etc that doesn't come stock.

I wonder if it works as good as it looks?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:40 PM   #8153
SepticSkeptic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 533
Probably me just being paranoid, but I went ahead and had the battery tray reinforced.

Thought it'd be less of an ordeal than it was, my goal was to remove the sub-frame without taking off the tank. Or at least, not to remove all the lines comin off the tank.

I initially thought the notched out section on the left side of the tank was there so you could slip the pin out. Apparently not. I was able to pull the tank up and slip the pin out only after having pulled a bit more slack on the breather hose, and disconnecting the left side fuel line.

You might have noticed the black mark on my exhaust. Don't do like I did and procrastinate on following Hoders advice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
You know that stupid little spacer that keeps your side plastic from melting on the pipe? Take a sewing pin and push it through the plastic tube it goes into and the spacer then snip off the excess. The only way it will ever come out is if the spacer breaks. This is my third one -the stocker and the one I glued in both hit the trail. I thought I would have to drill through first with a small bit but you can hold the pin with wire cutters or pliers and just push it through:

I didn't pay close enough attention and when I went to Uptite to get the bumper, I didn't notice the following:

08's must be different, I see a flat surface with a threaded hole, hmmm , I must have gotten the old version bumper or something... back to see George again. So... I guess with the 08's you'll want Locktight rather than a pin. I guess I'll find out when I get the appropriate bumper.

I mentioned the battery tray to George, he said he has yet to personally encounter any that have failed, said it's unlikely that I'd experience any problems. I figured what the hell, I already have it off, might as well, if only for peace of mind. Not thinking, I asked if he knew of any welders good with aluminium . He looked at me like this; , and said "You know I make skid plates right?" I have one of his on my bike Duh.

Anyway he said it'd be about a week before he'd be able to knock it out, and I was itching to get it back together before I forgot how...hehe. Unable to get a hold of the guy I originally had in mind, I remembered that Penhall Fabrication is down the street from my work.
www.penhallfab.com/home.htm
Fun place to visit, they have boner inducing buggies and are all nice guys. They fabbed and welded on some gussets, and had it ready to go about 2 hours after I showed up unannounced and handed them my sub-frame. $45 later:

Of course, before I did all this, I had to go for a little ride to stem off any withdrawls I might encounter resultant from the down time. While cruising around the hills overlooking Laguna Beach I stopped to admire the view. I wasn't the only one. Apparently, scorpions have an appreciation for beauty as well... who knew?

Sadly my phone does a poor job of capturing it. Someday I'll get a real camera, but farkles first.

SepticSkeptic screwed with this post 10-23-2008 at 05:45 PM
SepticSkeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:17 PM   #8154
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
Pictures of the new 610 Corbin seat.

http://www.corbin.com/husqvarna/huste6106.shtml

Not as bad looking as I thought.
Yeah that doesn't look bad. I'm not sure I'd spend more for that than a Renazco, which looks better IMO.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:38 PM   #8155
Spunky Goat
Gravel Wanderer

Oddometer: 13
maximum RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55
Can someone tell me what RPM the rev limiter kicks in (max rpm)?
According to the 2007 TE610 Owners Manual the maximum RPM is 8250, which is when the amber dash light is set to illuminate from the factory (it is adjustable). I'm not aware that there is a rev limiter though.
Spunky Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #8156
Geetz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by elefant runner
According to the 2007 TE610 Owners Manual the maximum RPM is 8250, which is when the amber dash light is set to illuminate from the factory (it is adjustable). I'm not aware that there is a rev limiter though.
My '08 definitely has a rev limiter. I've hit it while passing. Glad it's there, because it feels fine at that RPM and I probably would have kept right on accelerating in the same gear. Ka-boom.
Geetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:08 PM   #8157
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,264
I've bounced mine off the limiter many times in every gear (usually with the ass end hanging out trying to pass the front in a corner ). No big deal.

On second thought... I don't know if I've managed to hit the revlimiter in 6th ... or if it just runs out of snot. I'm too busy to look down at that point
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #8158
funster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Wicked front end wobble

got rid of that karoo front tire and have had no front end problems.
funster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 PM   #8159
funster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
suspention lowering

i lowered my 2006 610 11/2 inches front and back. i can touch the ground in the rear i did not want to loose much travel as sometimes i ride some nasty stuff at speed so i cut the top shock mount off & moved it up 1/2 in. moved the computer to the front of the battery under the battery strap. easy fix took me part of a day and it handles better and rides good.p.s. you have a 3 to 1 ratio at that mount so you can go more but you may destroy that great husky handling. Bill
funster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #8160
Fast1
Twisted Throttle

Oddometer: 1,840
Found a local dealer here that has a 08 TE610 (new) for $5799. Additional cost would be for tax and license, thats it.

They also have a 08 TE450 for $6199 and a 08 TE250 for $5599.

Has anyone heard anything about what changes might be scheduled for the 09 TE610?
Fast1 is online now   Reply With Quote