Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #856
hartzpad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
is the TE610 snappy enough to wheelie in 3rd gear? It's hp rating is in the mid 50's, right? I'm going to have a really tough time deciding between the Husky 610 and the new for 2008 KTM 690 Hard Enduro. So far the Husky wins hands down.

The only con I have for the TE610 is that there are no Husky dealers here in Utah yet.
hartzpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #857
ronsolo
Hooplehead

Oddometer: 826
I somehow missed the part about the foot pegs and foot peg bolts. What's the problem and cure?
ronsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #858
SD929
RandomTask

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag
I somehow missed the part about the foot pegs and foot peg bolts. What's the problem and cure?
In a nutshell bolt breaks footpeg comes off. Replaceing the bolt BEFORE it happens is easy, afterwards more difficult since you now have to easy-out the bolt (or whatever tool you fancy). I would think grade 8 bolts would be the ticket, but hopefully someone here would have a better answer.
SD929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #859
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD929
In a nutshell bolt breaks footpeg comes off. Replaceing the bolt BEFORE it happens is easy, afterwards more difficult since you now have to easy-out the bolt (or whatever tool you fancy). Anyone know which grade is best for "shear" strength?
grade 5,,, it will bend instead of snapping, grade 8 & up have more tensile strength but are more brittle. But it would take a seriously heavy impact to make it bend, & if you decide to go with grade 8 or better, I can't see it snapping either from a persons weight & major jump landing, I think other things would break first, like bones

P.S. I learned this little bit of info in an expensive & painfull way on my jeep with custom suspension, talking to race truck builders & a local bolt & nut specialty shop after some important suspension fasteners snapped

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510

Ruffus screwed with this post 05-13-2007 at 09:46 AM
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #860
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace
Hello: Sounds like you figured out a way to get the bulb in bacwards, or did you accidently pull the wires off when you pulled the rubber boot off, and possibly get them back on the wrong posts???? Mine worked fine, the icon went away and the high beam indicator works properly. The draw won't matter, something got crossed..... It's easy to happen...... Good Luck...
Nope. I checked. There is no way to put the bulb in backwards. One prong is twice the width of the other for their corresponding channels. All the wires are on the posts right too so I don't know what the deal. Just blinks high beam on low and solid blue indicator for high. Guess I'll have to live with it. It's almost as if it's backfeeding the ground?
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #861
Stroker Ace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
WOW!!! That's a new one!!! Just for giggles did you try the original bulb again to see if it still did it, maybe the bulb itself is defective?????
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #862
Stroker Ace
Gnarly Adventurer

About the footpeg bolts....... George at Uptite says the bracket doesn't mate to frame properly from the factory and the bolts are over stressed right out of the gate. He removes the bracket and re-machines the flat and touches up the mateing flat on the frame, then replaces the bolts before the bike goes to the floor.... I'm at 1500mi. and no problem yet..... Hope this helps....... Cheers
Old 05-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #863
Stroker Ace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oh yeah; WHEELIE AWAY IN 3RD GEAR!!!!!!

Happy Trails
Old 05-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #864
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,707
Throttle change after carb cleaning and adjustment?

Well I think I made the mistake of cleaning the carb with the slide still in and the gasket seemed to swell some...I eventually got it to go back together. I also installed the thicker O-ring as the only other possible thing that could be affecting the feel of the throttle...any ideas, did I ruin the gasket causing it to expand therefore creating more drag or could it be the O-ring...

Dan
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #865
72guy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Went to the local ( 1 1/2 hrs away) Husky dealer and checked out the TE's. I'd love the 510 but I know the type of riding I'd be doing. The 610 is the bike for me.

I've been following all the threads on the Husky for quite awhile. The mods that can be done to make a great bike even better. The one thing I haven't seen too much of is what folks are paying for the bike? I didn't talk too much in terms of dollars when I looked at he 610TE on Saturday. I wasn't ready to make an offer. I do know that Hall's has a 2006 discounted $1000. Are you guys paying MSRP for the 2007 or are there deals to be had?
Thanks
72guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #866
flan8tive
Flea Tibet!

Oddometer: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72guy
Are you guys paying MSRP for the 2007 or are there deals to be had?
Thanks
There are deals to be had and some of the figures are in the various threads--hate to name names because the Husky dealers need to stay in business. We have no dealers in the state of Florida (like Utah; how nuts is that?) so it's like shopping J. Peterman for us. I have an older Husky, love it, don't mind when it is having an Italian day, and will likely be getting one of the FI versions in 08.

80 Z50R

flan8tive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #867
Svart
...is swedish for black

Oddometer: 302
Signing in.

Picked up my te610 -07 last friday and havenīt ridden it yet... It came without the plate and when I tried to get a plate really quick they told me it isnīt in the system yet... Which means no insurance, which means no riding. I really hope the plate arives soon because Iīm losinīmy mind here :)

Iīve ridden my KLX650 -C for years in swamps, on gravel roads and trails over 20 000 km and now itīs time to rock īnī roll with a new bike. Soon...

edit: Oh, and I bought on mailorder :)
Old 05-14-2007, 05:34 AM   #868
ronsolo
Hooplehead

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svart
Signing in.

Picked up my te610 -07 last friday and havenīt ridden it yet... It came without the plate and when I tried to get a plate really quick they told me it isnīt in the system yet... Which means no insurance, which means no riding. I really hope the plate arives soon because Iīm losinīmy mind here :)

Iīve ridden my KLX650 -C for years in swamps, on gravel roads and trails over 20 000 km and now itīs time to rock īnī roll with a new bike. Soon...

edit: Oh, and I bought on mailorder :)
Congratulations. :)

I'm thinking at least over there the "authorities" should be able to pronounce the manufacturer. When I went to the DMV here the nice lady says,

"Hoosk..., huk,.... sorry, I can never say that one."
ronsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:55 PM   #869
Svart
...is swedish for black

Oddometer: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag
Congratulations. :)
I'm thinking at least over there the "authorities" should be able to pronounce the manufacturer. When I went to the DMV here the nice lady says,
"Hoosk..., huk,.... sorry, I can never say that one."
Ehehehe! Yeah itīs a bit easier here. Husqvarna used to be Swedish (in case you didnīt know) and one day when Iīm rich Iīll buy it back from the Italians.
The manual is no longer in Swedish, I have to combine eng and german because I have no idea what for example 0.12" is.

Just came back from my first, slow, running-in drive. Half an hour of "Oh my, this bike is great" after 20 minutes of trying to get the clutch cable to be my friend. Still having difficulties finding neutral but its getting better.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #870
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
pics from VA

Here are a few shots from a little jaunt around town in Virginia.

husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote