Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #76
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer: 4,687
The TE510 has a keyed ignition right? If not (that would be LAME!), is it a factory option?
potatoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #77
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoho
The TE510 has a keyed ignition right? If not (that would be LAME!), is it a factory option?

No keyed ignition, just a steering lock on the TE250\450\510's, but there are a few options, Bajadesign's has one now & I'll be ordering their's this fall if I don't find a better option locally. they're fairly inexpensive,, not really a big deal

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #78
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus
No keyed ignition, just a steering lock on the TE250\450\510's, but there are a few options, Bajadesign's has one now & I'll be ordering their's this fall if I don't find a better option locally. they're fairly inexpensive,, not really a big deal
That's cool, I think. By steering lock, you mean something with a key that you can lock the steering with?

I actually have a two-way pager alarm system I bought off of ebay for $50. Was planning on putting it on my KTM 300 but it's a bit of work. Might be neat on a Husky. It comes with two pager devices with icons so you can tell if someone is moving the bike. You can also remote start and kill LOL.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #79
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoho
That's cool, I think. By steering lock, you mean something with a key that you can lock the steering with?

I actually have a two-way pager alarm system I bought off of ebay for $50. Was planning on putting it on my KTM 300 but it's a bit of work. Might be neat on a Husky. It comes with two pager devices with icons so you can tell if someone is moving the bike. You can also remote start and kill LOL.
yes steering lock with a key,,, remote start huh????? must be pretty handy on them cold winter night's when ya absolutely, positively, gotta get out an ride I do like the idea of the alarm

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Old 09-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #80
potatoho
Cheese and Rice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus
yes steering lock with a key,,, remote start huh????? must be pretty handy on them cold winter night's when ya absolutely, positively, gotta get out an ride I do like the idea of the alarm
Yeah, but also remote kill. Think of the laughs!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #81
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
The steering lock doesn't work on my TE610, the lock turns but it never catches whatever it's supposed catch in there to lock the fork.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #82
buffallodan OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,709
The steering lock is a bit tricky, try to turn the bars as you push and turn the key and really fiddle with it. I had a hard time getting it down initially but after you figure out how much to turn the bars and key it works fine...

Dan

buffallodan screwed with this post 09-07-2006 at 06:01 PM
buffallodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #83
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

yeah ya gotta press as you turn, Dan is right about it takin a bit ta screw around with till ya get the hang of it

06 Husky TE510
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #84
GaM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,877
Haha, worked like a charm. Just turned the forks and the key at the same time.
GaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #85
hartzpad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
How necessary is it to have local dealer support for a Husky? There are no Husky dealers here in Utah but I am really digging both the TE510 and TE610 bikes, great design and very light weight. I never see Husky parts advertised in major parts catalogs such as Parts Unlimited and Rocky Mountain ATV, but then again, maybe I haven't paid attention if they were or not. I've been planning on a plated KTM 525 EXC to replaced my plated Yamaha WR426 but seeing the Husky bikes makes me want one, I just don't know if it is worth the pain of not having a local dealer when I just need to stop by and get parts, I have at least 3 or 4 local Yamaha and KTM dealers within about 70 miles, one is only 5 min. away and it is nice to swing by and pick up parts when they are in stock.

More pics please!!!!
hartzpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #86
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartzpad
How necessary is it to have local dealer support for a Husky? There are no Husky dealers here in Utah but I am really digging both the TE510 and TE610 bikes, great design and very light weight.
Someone with the same Husky thoughts in thier head. I just Mailed HuskyUSA and expressed my desire for a dealer in Utah. I was ready to buy a TE570 from RimRock Racing around the time of the Piaggio screw-over. Now Rim Rock is gone and we have to choose between Reno, GrandJunction, Boise, or Vegas. The Husky 610/570s were the fastest bike in the desert out here. Now I want a new 610 DS but can only drool over the pictures. Don't want to go out of state for parts and service.

If you do want a husky 610 they have them in Remo for $6199 + the other charges that dealers stick you with.

Please send Husky an email telling them we need dealers.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #87
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

parts are a phone call away, just order & within a week they are at your door, service to very user friendly, I don't see the problem
Grab your self a Husky & never look back

06 Husky TE510
Old 09-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #88
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982

Oddometer: 1,484
The problem is there is no dealer service without a dealer. I know I can order parts from a hundred dealers but if I need warranty service or major service I will have to travel.

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #89
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Please send Husky an email telling them we need dealers
I read an interview about a year ago I think by the head of MV Agusta who said they planned to keep the Husky an exclusive, highly sought after item, like the Ferrari but hoped to have a full line of (factory) aftermarket parts available. There's 2 dealers in my state both about 100 miles away from me which kind of sucks but I'm still 100% I bought the best bike for my purposes. It would be nice to see at least a few dealers in each state.

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #90
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerowner_ut
The problem is there is no dealer service without a dealer. I know I can order parts from a hundred dealers but if I need warranty service or major service I will have to travel.
Yes for warranty service or something major you will have to travel, but then again a similar Jap D\S has no warranty Ooops what was I thinking, there is no Jap D\S that would be considered compareable to the Husky's

P.S. very, very few have needed major service from what I've heard

06 Husky TE510