Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #9001
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz
Check it out: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...65#post6941965

There are many more in the thread (38 pages) ...

Here is an SM610 with knobbies: http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/show...97&postcount=7
Check out the pictures in her album in her profile. The one where she's riding up a trail is awesome!
I kind of like the look but then I think tw200
rockchucker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #9002
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Boy did my daughter jump on it - only cost me $2.00.

122 links.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #9003
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchucker22
I kind of like the look but then I think tw200
Wow I wonder how it rides with that fat front??
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #9004
Nesbocaj
Politicians suck

Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1

122 links.

Cool. Now explain taxes and withholding to her

Good kid!

Nesbocaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #9005
firefight100
Husky te610

Oddometer: 63
Question neutral light codes

does anyone have a list of all the neutral light codes?
Polaris 400 Scrambler
250 HARLEY DAVIDSON
441 BSA VICTOR
72 250 X6 HUSTLER SUZUKI

Currently in Sunny Malabar Florida
firefight100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #9006
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1

122 links.
Where can I mail a $1 to help out her college fund? Many thanks, wish I had been smart enough to have one ahead, been waiting since Thanksgiving.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #9007
Fizz
Fizz

Oddometer: 168
2006 TE 610 rear brake disk - HELP

Hi,

I have had my bike only a few days. I have just noticed that the rear brake disk moves slightly (1mm) at each of the bolt points, despite each bolt being firmly tightened - its like there is a spacer missing on each bolt.

Can someone please check theirs - is this normal? I have noticed no brake squeal or shake despite movement.

Thanks in advance

Fizz
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #9008
zc351
crash test dummy

Oddometer: 26
Rear brake movement

Fizz,

Pretty sure you'll find that the rear brake rotor on your bike is whats called full floating

This means its sposed to move slightly and lets it align itself when the brakes applied.

There heaps flash

BTW if you have any mates that are loving your new bike tell them mines for sale in the aussie flea market

'07 TE610
'07 XB12R Buell
'69 FORD Fairlane
zc351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #9009
Fizz
Fizz

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc351
Fizz,

Pretty sure you'll find that the rear brake rotor on your bike is whats called full floating

This means its sposed to move slightly and lets it align itself when the brakes applied.

There heaps flash

BTW if you have any mates that are loving your new bike tell them mines for sale in the aussie flea market

Thanks - I can now relax - thought something was not right.

So why are you selling your 07 TE?
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #9010
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown
Where can I mail a $1 to help out her college fund? Many thanks, wish I had been smart enough to have one ahead, been waiting since Thanksgiving.

Jerry, try MotoXotica in Vacaville. Dan said he's stocking the chain, I heard he sold his last one the other day though.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #9011
MasterChief
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Heated Grip wiring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief
I'm a new owner of a 2008. I don't have the bike yet, pick it up in a week or so. I have been busy looking over this thead to dream about future farkles.

It's the first brand new bike I have owned.

Did I mention how much I love my wife!!
Picked it up last weekend from Taskys and put 50 miles on her. I'm loving it so far and want to get out this weekend for more. I did the first oil change and installed a skid plate. I am going to install heated grips this weekend and wondered where most people tie in the wiring. I have seached and found lots of threads on heated grips, but nothing specific to the TE 610.

Thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #9012
Olas
the darkness

Oddometer: 3,919
Sweet....

The husky's been getting some love lately. Riding the XT for a few days and then hopping on the Husky reminded me why this bike is so awesome! It rips!!

New rear, BRP chain guide, new chain slider, windshield for the winter months, sidepanels were painted green. A few things still need to be painted to finish the new looks i'm going for. I did the side panels as a test to try out krylon fusion and so far i'm impressed. Soon it will be getting a new cam chain. Haven't checked it in a while but i'm at 9000 miles so replacing it won't be a bad idea.

Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #9013
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,481
WOW, Roxanne bought me a Husky too!!!!

86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #9014
MSU Yooper
Michigan Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Manual cam chain tensioner instructions

I'm not sure if anyone had previously read this, or referenced it during all of the discussion about ACCT vs. MCCT. However, if memory serves, one of the major issues involved knowing how far to insert the MCCT just by feel. I don't remember anyone posting that they had used this technique, so I hope it helps or makes sense to those wanting to use the Ape MCCT. The information came from ThumperTalk and the application is for a Suzuki DRZ400, but the information should still apply for the Husky.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...639008&garpg=2

Install of a Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
The procedure is so easy many are confused by it. If you can check your valves, you can install the MCCT.
Basic tools are needed for the installation.
1; Rotate the motor to TDC on the compression stroke (cam lobes pointing at 10 & 2) NOTE: Many have questioned the need to rotate the motor to TDC before removing the ACCT. Two reasons to do so. 1: I have no idea who is reading this write up. SO it was written with the most fool proof method of install I could come up with. 2: When the cams are at any point but TDC on the compression stroke, one or more lobes are pushing down on a valve bucket. When you release all tension from the cam chain, the cams can rotate under force from the valve spring. This could cause the cam chain sprockets to skip a tooth on the chain. Many would not even recognize if or when that cams rotated, let alone understand that while no damage has been done YET, they do need to check the cam timing now.. If you put the motor at TDC, none of this is an issue. Want to skip this step... no worrys,, though really a few seconds to rotate the motor to TDC can save you the hassle of checking the timing if/when the motor snaps over when you allow chain tension to go slack.2; Remove the oil vapor recover tank bolt, push the tank out of the way.
3; Remove the two hex head cap screws holding the ACCT to the motor.
4; Install the MCCT
6; Loosen the lock nut and back the lock nut and o ring (if your MCCT has one) well back on threaded MCCT shaft.
7; Tighten the MCCT shaft just until it touches the cam chain guide. Finger tight is all your looking for.
8; Start the motor, back the MCCT out until you hear a distinctive rattle from the cam chain/ guide.
9; Tighten the MCCT JUST until the rattle goes away. Think of it as tuning a dial type radio. Out a little, hear the rattle, in a little rattle goes away… STOP.. Your done adjusting. DO NOT add a “little” more just to be sure, DO NOT give it another ¼ turn,,,,, YOUR DONE ADJUSTING. Hold the MCCT main shaft in place, move the O ring up to the body, screw the lock nut all the way to the body and tighten. Locking the MCCT in place.
10; Congratulations your done. Go ride. Chances are you will never have to readjust the MCCT. If the cam chain is already stretched, if the motor is torn down to the open case level, or you have some other major motor failure, you may need to re adjust the MCCT. Or if you put thousands of miles on your motor, it may need to be adjusted. Other than that, resist the desire to “adjust” the MCCT. If properly installed, there really is nothing to mess with under normal running conditions. No regular maintenance required.
MSU Yooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #9015
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,481
Can someone tell me why you need to change from automatic cam chain tensioner to a manual cam chain tensioner.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote