Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #916
Stroker Ace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Hi Steven Lane: Thanks for the in depth reply, I didn't have the carbon deposits on mine. How many miles are you at??? I'm wondering, after time the battery loses a little of its hit on top also???? I'm at 1400mi. But you may be on a hot trail, please keep us informed, I'm obseesed with this bike AND its icon.......

Ride safe...
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:53 AM   #917
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace
AWESOME!!!!! Man I'm putting a helmet cam on my X-mas list!!!!! Are you shifting from 2nd to 3rd in the air????? I thought I heard a shift during the wheelies...... Your light is stressing ME out..... With all do respect.... is the bulb a 45w. only or a 45/45w. I'm sure you have the right one but I'm losing control of myself again, this is another icon that I MUST conquer!!

Great vid!!!! SG
Stroker,

I appreciate your attention to my light! Yes, it's a 45/45 watter from Dan at MotoX. The same ones he sells to everyone.

Yes, I'm shifting in the air. I usually bring it up in 2nd then shift to 3rd and 4th to ride it out depending on how fast I want to go. 3rd or 4th have plenty of juice to keep her in the balance point for as long as you want to go....just got to watch oil scavenging!

Thanks again for trying to fix my light. I guess you noticed it on in the video huh? And that was low beam dammit! Just so you know I bought two from Dan and tried them both...still doing the same thing.
Lee
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #918
bpeterson
I just tweeted it

Oddometer: 1,032
sweet video Husky123. that's some great riding close to home! Thanks for sharing, and nice wheelie work. Man, i need to get out and ride more!!!!
'02 DR-Z 400S - for sale soon
'06 TE 610 - sold
bpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #919
Ted West
n00b-ish

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky123
Love Tool and Mudvayne. Anything that's gets the head bobbing and blood boiling!
Same bike, same taste in music. Mind if I call you "brother" from now on?
'81 Husqvarna 250XC
Ted West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #920
ThatGuyEd
Mud Lover

Oddometer: 591
You could take him on a date too..........

How are those 45 watter bulbs compared to stock? Should I spend the 50 bucks and get a higher output bulb or will the 45 be sufficient? I rarely do night riding, and if I do its in the city....
ThatGuyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #921
Ted West
n00b-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyEd
You could take him on a date too..........
Sometimes a man seeks the comfort of another man.

Wait, did I just type that?? What were we talking about? Light bulbs? Yeah, light bulbs. I dig light bulbs. Please disperse, nothing to see here...
'81 Husqvarna 250XC
Old 05-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #922
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted West
Gettin back to serious Ummm stuff now, I'm just wondering if you have the part # for that bulb, curious to see if the 610's run same bulbs that 250\450\510 use? & how much did it run ya ?

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #923
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

I can get the part number later tonight after work but I know they were only about 4.95 a piece.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #924
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted West

Wait, did I just type that?? What were we talking about? Light bulbs? Yeah, light bulbs. I dig light bulbs. Please disperse, nothing to see here...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #925
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky123
I can get the part number later tonight after work but I know they were only about 4.95 a piece.
Thanx,,, no hurry, just hoping it's the same, & the price is good too

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:48 PM   #926
ThatGuyEd
Mud Lover

Oddometer: 591
ahahah.....Ted, we call that Man-Love.... Its not homosexual by any means, but man does it look that way....

Answer my question!
Is the 45watt enough for night-time riding out on the freeway?
ThatGuyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #927
Ted West
n00b-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyEd
ahahah.....Ted, we call that Man-Love.... Its not homosexual by any means, but man does it look that way....
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

-Ted out there taking chances

PS I'm glad the humor wasn't lost in translation. It's never sound policy to risk homo jokes on motorcycle forums; it can go bad real fast. I mean that's what I've been told.
PPS
'81 Husqvarna 250XC
Old 05-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #928
Stroker Ace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Hi 123: I'm stumped on your light, and I think I saw your icon in the video......LOL I'm wondering now if it's the whole head light that's the problem with all of ours???? Nobody with a 610 SMR has had the complaint that I'm aware of. We'll get to the bottom of it some day. The last time I tried shifting in the air, guess what happened???? Are you useing the clutch???? and are you dropping the wheel a little before the shift, then powering back up????? I'm fascinated by the darndest things........

Great video again..... SG
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #929
9Mile
Leaving the world of HD

Oddometer: 65
I'm in!

Last week I asked for a little advice on the Te-610/510. Well I made my decision and am the proud new owner of a 2007 TE610! Thanks for sharing such great information. Looks like I'll get the IMS tank, a more comfortable seat, and some Dirtbagz.
I'd like to recommend Don at L&D Race Tech in Warrenton OR. He was awesome to work with. He handled all of the tax and licensing work for my state (WA) and the plate and rack were installed on my bike when it was delivered. Don even drove the bike several hundred miles to the halfway point to meet me!!! I thought customer service like this went out in the 80's. Somewhere along the way about 5 lbs. of hoses and other unnecessary stuff fell off too! Thanks for the great service Don!

Thumbs down for my local dealer who had no interest in my business. Unfortunately I've already purchased two new bikes from this shop in the last 3 months yet they stated they were not big Husqvarna fans and wouldn't take the time to order me a 610. (can you believe they are the local Husqvarna/KTM/BMW dealer in N. Idaho) In the end I'm glad they forced me to go elsewhere.
I just returned home with the bike last night at 11:00pm. After a few shorty blips around the "Hood" I had to turn in. I rode the bike about 12 miles to work this morning and all I can say is wow! I think I made a great decision- more to follow when I have something better to share.

P.S. It wheelies just fine
9Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #930
cbig
Rift- Raft, SCooter Trash

Oddometer: 878
Laugh Got curious today - brought out the bathroom scale:

Front Rear Total
Drz400s 148 165 313 about a gallon and a half so - 8lbs(?)
TE610 147 168 315 about a gallon in the tank so - 6lbs

For all intents and purposes the bikes are the same weight. The performance differences are astounding. My Drz400s has a 3.9 Clark plastic tank, dirt bagz on back , and TT case savers (weightless really) both have bash plates..
Suzuki was off by about 4.7% but then, it was a bathroom scale, and I'm damn sure it's been lyin' about me! Subtract out the fuel in the Husky and it's 309.

The TE610 really is the upgraded DRZ!