Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2007, 03:59 AM   #931
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Ace
Hi 123: I'm stumped on your light, and I think I saw your icon in the video......LOL I'm wondering now if it's the whole head light that's the problem with all of ours???? Nobody with a 610 SMR has had the complaint that I'm aware of. We'll get to the bottom of it some day. The last time I tried shifting in the air, guess what happened???? Are you useing the clutch???? and are you dropping the wheel a little before the shift, then powering back up????? I'm fascinated by the darndest things........

Great video again..... SG
Yeah, I think I'm using a little clutch just to get the bind off the gears and probably letting the nose down a little too for the shift. I really can't tell ya though....it just kinda happens like second nature.
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 AM   #932
dirtypumpkin
"Monster Truck Bike"

Oddometer: 13,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeterson
sweet video Husky123. that's some great riding close to home! Thanks for sharing, and nice wheelie work. Man, i need to get out and ride more!!!!
+1, great vid. Thanks for sharing.
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies,
jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. -- Glenn Clark
dirtypumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:40 AM   #933
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,041
Haven't tried it on my Husky yet, but when I used to do cat walks it was always no clutch??? that was 25 years ago, I'd imagine todays trannies are even more robust than what was available back in 81

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #934
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,660
Put on some barkbusters, flipped the handlebar clamp around to push the bars up a little, D606 on the back. I'll try and get some single track video for you guys this weekend.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #935
Ted West
n00b-ish

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Mile
Last week I asked for a little advice on the Te-610/510. Well I made my decision and am the proud new owner of a 2007 TE610!...
Outstanding! This bike is worth crossing the street for. I also feel your pain about the local dealer. I wouldn't let the guys at my shop mow my lawn. Good luck and enjoy!
'81 Husqvarna 250XC

Ted West screwed with this post 05-18-2007 at 08:44 PM Reason: Can't spell the word 'mow'. I suck
Ted West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #936
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Grade 8 bolts?

Hey guys. Where can I get ahold of some Grade 8 for my footpegs? I can't seem to find any at my local shops, everything is SAE. Does anyone have an online source? Thanks.

Lee
Old 05-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #937
MotoMind
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
Put on some barkbusters, flipped the handlebar clamp around to push the bars up a little, D606 on the back. I'll try and get some single track video for you guys this weekend
How is the TE610 on-road vs. the KLR? Vibes less? More or less fatiguing?

MotoMind screwed with this post 05-19-2007 at 10:33 AM
MotoMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #938
MoonRock
High Energy Atomic Nuclei

Oddometer: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMind

I rented a KLR in AK and did a 300 mile day mostly paved a little offroad. At the end of the day I was fine no aches or pains.

I did my first long ride on my TE610 and it was a much diffrent story. After the first hundred miles I was in pain.
MoonRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #939
MotoMind
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Trash Can
I rented a KLR in AK and did a 300 mile day mostly paved a little offroad. At the end of the day I was fine no aches or pains.

I did my first long ride on my TE610 and it was a much diffrent story. After the first hundred miles I was in pain.
How tall are you? Was it from the seat, the peg layout, the bars, the vibes...? I'm 6'2" and like the layout of the KLR, but it's just too fat and top-heavy for me. I really like the feel of my XT600 which is ~300lb, but no e-start and cramped ergos make it a poor choice for me, hence the TE610? Less vibes is better too since computing has f'd up my wrists.

MotoMind screwed with this post 05-19-2007 at 12:38 PM
Old 05-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #940
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,663
Quote:

As an owner of both---with lots of miles on both-------the KLR is much more comfy on the road. In my opinion neither one vibrate badly. The motor on the 610 is a little more ralaxed at speed than the KLR--as the 610 has the nice 6th gear---but the KLR is still more comfy-----on the road.
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 05-19-2007 at 01:35 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #941
MotoMind
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com
As an owner of both---with lots of miles on both-------the KLR is much more comfy on the road. In my opinion neither one vibrate badly. The motor on the 610 is a little more ralaxed at speed than the KLR--as the 610 has the nice 6th gear---but the KLR is still more comfy.
Do you think that could be addressed by a better seat, screen, and bars on the TE? I'm either going to start stripping down my KLR to make it less of pig, or get a TE610 which is a superior bike and try to make it suitable for weekend rides starting with 200-300 miles of asphalt out to the dirt. Not sure which task is harder.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #942
husky123
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Do you think that could be addressed by a better seat, screen, and bars on the TE? I'm either going to start stripping down my KLR to make it less of pig, or get a TE610 which is a superior bike and try to make it suitable for weekend rides starting with 200-300 miles of asphalt out to the dirt. Not sure which task is harder.
I just did a 500 mile, 2 day trip with my 610 with no comfort issues. I do have the Renazco seat on there though with tall bar and clamps. It fits me better than any bike I've owned. I wouldn't hesitate to take her on 300 mile trips. It is a great bike at speed.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:38 PM   #943
MotoMind
Beastly Adventurer

I went to the dealer and sat on one 30 minutes ago, and here are my impressions as a lanky 6'2" guy:

Height & Weight - Very tall, so not quite flat-foot territory, but still enough for good grip from the balls of my feet. Not heavy by any means, but the high CoG makes it seem more hefty than it really is. The supermoto is a good few inches lower and feels lighter when leaned over 20deg in either direction. Both felt somewhat heavier than my XT600, again, due to the height issue.

Shoulders to Bars Distance - Atrocious. The reach was so far I had very little bend in my elbows. They need to come forward 3" and up 1" unless I want back and arm pains after 50 miles.

Pegs to Seat Distance - Very cramped. The seat dips about 3" where your butt lands, and needs to come up at least that much if you're a tall guy. Otherwise your knees will be too far forward, and too bent.

Seat Comfort - None.

Quality - Meh. The dealer must suck. Oil on the rear shock reservior, black smudges on the front fork tubes, and scratched ignition.

They didn't have any demo bikes, so I'm afraid it didn't win me over at first sight, but I'll measure up my KLR and see how much work I need to get the husky closer to comfort.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:45 PM   #944
Stroker Ace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Second nature huh???? now I'm pissed.......LOL. MY ICON CAME BACK!!!!!!!! OH MOMMY!!!!!! No "Batt icon" for a few hundred miles until today, I have the 45/45 watter and I run on low beam. The icon suddenly came on, I checked the headlght and it was out!!! switched to high beam, light came on and yes,yes,yes, the icon went away again... the low beam side burned out, high beam, ok. So I strted playing with it, go to low beam, hello icon,high beam, good by icon.... So it looks like the bikes telling us when we have a problem...... GOD I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!

Happy Trails........
Stroker Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #945
MotoMind
Beastly Adventurer

Well, by the numbers it actually isn't much more cramped than my KLR. 22" from pegs to ass on the TE vs. 23" on the KLR, though the pegs might be a little bit more forward on the KLR. I guess it's doable. I can get it for $6000 + tax, plus $74 for a 54 month warranty. Hmmm...

I wonder how much it vibes though, compared to the KLR. Less vibes would be nice.