Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #13591
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 10,003
Well the 610 pulled me to a 6th overall and 3rd in the Medium Stock class at Black River Stages this weekend. I'm pretty happy with the finish and the bike gave up everything it had, I ran out of motor on almost every stage. I was able to tie the overall winner on 2 stages and beat him by a few seconds on another.

My lighting (look back a few pages) turned out pretty near perfect. I was able to catch a guy on an HP2 on all 3 night stages and passed him about midway on one occasion. The gps was able to record 97 on that stage.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #13592
motogo1
I don't want a pickle,...

Oddometer: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatman
Well the 610 pulled me to a 6th overall and 3rd in the Medium Stock class at Black River Stages this weekend. I'm pretty happy with the finish and the bike gave up everything it had, I ran out of motor on almost every stage. I was able to tie the overall winner on 2 stages and beat him by a few seconds on another.

My lighting (look back a few pages) turned out pretty near perfect. I was able to catch a guy on an HP2 on all 3 night stages and passed him about midway on one occasion. The gps was able to record 97 on that stage.

Nice!! That looks like a ton of fun! I love riding the Husky on those back roads, but I just PLAY ralleye rider, with a big dose of caution.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #13593
Jellyrug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Well the 610 pulled me to a 6th overall and 3rd in the Medium Stock class at Black River Stages this weekend.

Scott, well done!!!!

Amazed to see a DRZ in second, ahead of all the big guns. Was it timing for each stage, or how did the rules work?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #13594
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyrug

Scott, well done!!!!

Amazed to see a DRZ in second, ahead of all the big guns. Was it timing for each stage, or how did the rules work?

Hi Dean(?).....

That is not yor average DRZ. The guy riding it builds custom race motors for pro MXer's and the engine looks stock but once he hits the magic button you know it's fully built.

Yes, timed stages. Transits are given a specific time and you need to check in on your minute, early or later inccurs penalties.

There is nothing like the feeling of blasting down a road with the confidence that you know there nothing coming toward you.

It was disappointing that Harden was a no show but I guess a good friend of his passed away and the funeral was Friday.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #13595
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
I saw a set like that on Ebay.

Unsure what I will do now. Nobody local has the bar end inserts so I am SOL right now anyway. Likely punt and eat the cost of a new set from somebody.
Call Cycra. They will take care of you.

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #13596
mrkartoom
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 828
Quote:

I second the congrats! or was that a 3rd? Anyway good going!

'08 Husqvarna TE610, '11 Gas Gas EC300, '03 Beta Rev3 250

Husky TE/SM-610 Thread Index

mrkartoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #13597
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
Boatman,

Congrats on the high finish! Nice to see a 610 in full flight.

There's roads and there's roads and they call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth and roads of the spirit. The best roads of all are the ones that aren't certain. One of those is where you'll find me till they drop the big curtain. Bruce Cockburn
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #13598
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
You have the wrong mounts,,,, those are CRFX mounts not the standard universal mounts.
Those "universal" mounts must be new, they're not even on the Cycra web site. Cycra shows 2 side mount (one CRFX and one std.) and one front mount I've got the same mounts as 30bones and the bars attach to the rear of the bracket:

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:35 PM   #13599
Factory Phil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:

Link for the lighting please?

Thanks
Factory Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #13600
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
Those "universal" mounts must be new, they're not even on the Cycra web site. Cycra shows 2 side mount (one CRFX and one std.) and one front mount I've got the same mounts as 30bones and the bars attach to the rear of the bracket:
Actually don't know if they are "universal", but the ones I have are not the CRFX mounts. You can see in the pic of mine that they taper to match the bend of the barkbuster. I still had to do a little tweaking but nothing like what you and the OP had the do.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #13601
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet_mobile
Link for the lighting please?

Thanks

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13128

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13083

I had fully planned to install an H1 HID in the 8" racelight but it didn't show up in time (in fact still hasn't arrived, USPS oy)

As it was the halogen provide the necessary throw about 800-1000' out. The SCMR16 spot filled in below because on the throttle the 8" was too high. The SCMR16 flood provided enough illumination for cornering and coming over blincrest where the spots did no good.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #13602
Factory Phil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Thanks a million
Factory Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #13603
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
You can see in the pic of mine that they taper to match the bend of the barkbuster. I still had to do a little tweaking but nothing like what you and the OP had the do.
I'm pretty sure I've seen those angled mounts somewhere. Got a link to where they can be had?
I see Cycra has also re-engineered the bar end compression fittings. I thought I saw some threaded inserts for the bar ends as well but can't find them now. Anybody seen or know where to get those?

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #13604
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
I'm pretty sure I've seen those angled mounts somewhere. Got a link to where they can be had?
I see Cycra has also re-engineered the bar end compression fittings. I thought I saw some threaded inserts for the bar ends as well but can't find them now. Anybody seen or know where to get those?
Hmmm... my local dirt bike shop ordered them for me and it all came in one kit. Looks like they don't do that now and the mounts are ala carte. I have to go by there tomorrow to pick up an order and I'll ask. He's a one man operation and keeps up on all this stuff pretty well.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #13605
SAFETYFIFTH
Let's Rip Lip!

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
awesome pic, man i love these bikes. I wish there was a dealer in my state!!