Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #13876
WIthumper
The 610 guy

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIthumper
When I get some time and with the blue wire connected, I'll go out and get some voltage measurements across the battery posts when the ignition is turned off and then on (bike not running). This should be a good comparision with the my previous measurements when the headlight wire was disconnected.

With my lack of electrical knowledge, I am still trying to get my head around if the regulator fits into this scenario at all.
Went in the garage and took a couple of measurements:

Ignition off: 12.73 volts
Ignition on with bike not running: 12.25 volts

Looks like about a .5 volt drop. I have no idea if the is okay or not, but thought it toss it out for those with more experience with this type of stuff than I do.
WIthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #13877
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Have you tried the Motoz Tires? I hear good things, but I think I will go with the maxxis or a 606 for my trip to BAja.
I've been running the MotoZ's and found the best rear to be the Desert H/T. Works great in everything except mud and even then it's not too bad. We ran the hell out of them at the Sandblast Rally Moto last February and plan to use them again. I've also tried all of the MotoZ fronts and haven't found one that I'm satisfied with the traction. For Baja I'd suggest the MotoZ Desert H/T rear and a Kenda Milville front in the sticky compound.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #13878
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,994
Quote:
Went in the garage and took a couple of measurements:

Ignition off: 12.73 volts
Ignition on with bike not running: 12.25 volts

Looks like about a .5 volt drop. I have no idea if the is okay or not, but thought it toss it out for those with more experience with this type of stuff than I do.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13862
Old 10-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #13879
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
My battery voltage for reference. - 2 year old Varta stock battery. 12.85VDC after 1 day sitting, key off. 12.04VDC after 20 seconds or so to settle out with key on. I have a 55W lamp on, so that is going to load down the battery and the voltage will keep drifting down slowly. If you have a stock headlight at 35W (and it is working), your initial key on voltage drop from key off will be less since it is almost half the load. This is for a '07 carb model. FI models could be different.

1/2 volt drop seems fine to me.

Have not measured mine with engine running yet. Will try to update with that later.

I expect to eventually tear into the speedo unit to break out the pushbutton to a remote handlebar swith, which will also be wired to break the speedo signal momentarily. The idea is that the speedo will read zero at each button press and it will allow me to change displays while underway. The remote button will be easier to reach also as it will likely get mounted on a HDB riser bracket top clamp. A look inside might confirm which circuit it is monitoring the system voltage on. I am betting it is pin 14.

I really do not want to stop for each reset point when running roll chart courses, or just to check the trip meter for gas level cross-check and see the clock when commuting.

I also looked at my LV3 muffler - no signs of tire rub with my new D908s, and that is after a serious trail outing last weekend. Might need to look at the spacers on the muffler mount.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:23 AM   #13880
Oaxacuzano
Dromo maniac

Oddometer: 61
Voltage droped

The battery, the generator or the regulator does not have nothing wrong.

The issue is the connector that comes from the generator and the connector that supplies energy to all systems.

I solve this cutting the connector and welding the terminal that supplies energy in the estarter motor relay.

Also, tight the nuts that goes to the battery and the starter motor.

The electric and electronic system seems to be very good, just the terminals are not adecuate to the energy to be handled.

Regards.
Oaxacuzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:32 AM   #13881
Oaxacuzano
Dromo maniac

Cam timing chain fast wear solved

I have 18,000 Km (11,250 miles) in the Husky TE610 2008 with the screw tipe cam chain tensioner of the DR650. I checked the clicks of the original tensioner and just count 4, the same clicks when I checked at the 6,000 Km, this tell me that no strech has been developed by the chain because is free of slack, al the time has the correct tension. As I can see nobody take me seriuos, but I took good ideas from this forum and I am corresponding.

I am very very happy now No more checks again, maybe at 100,000 Km

later, maybe the saturday I will put some pictures and the pieces to adapt the DR650 tensioner, right know I am finish to check the valve clearance and change oil.

Regards.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:33 AM   #13882
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeSDP
On mine, the 908 rubbed the stock exhaust. Is your 908 new? I think mine may have just barely touched the Leo when it was new, but no longer.
Yea new< I'm not too impressed.
rockchucker22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:37 AM   #13883
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
I've got about 2800 miles on it and it has plenty of tread left. I only ran it on pavement for maybe 250 miles at most. It's not a DOT tire and I take it easy on pavement. I keep my speed down to 50 on pave if it's hot out and up to 70 if the temps are cool. 20 psi is what I run front and rear, I don't air up when I hit pavement.
I just came off a maxxis desert IT, great great tire, not the best on the street but best west tire made. My problem is I can not get more than 500 miles to a tire. So I was hopeing the 908 would last for a few miles. 2800 is unbelievable
Old 10-22-2009, 05:39 AM   #13884
rockchucker22
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashman1
Note to self - don't buy a 908.

Then again I am in love with my MT43.
That is what I'm trying next, after owning a trails bike I can see how incredible these tires are.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #13885
WIthumper
The 610 guy

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaxacuzano
The battery, the generator or the regulator does not have nothing wrong.

The issue is the connector that comes from the generator and the connector that supplies energy to all systems.

I solve this cutting the connector and welding the terminal that supplies energy in the estarter motor relay.

Also, tight the nuts that goes to the battery and the starter motor.

The electric and electronic system seems to be very good, just the terminals are not adecuate to the energy to be handled.

Regards.
Oaxacuzano - What symptoms were you experiencing? What were your results after after sodering the wires?
WIthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #13886
Flashman1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,356
Quote:
I have 18,000 Km (11,250 miles) in the Husky TE610 2008 with the screw tipe cam chain tensioner of the DR650. I checked the clicks of the original tensioner and just count 4, the same clicks when I checked at the 6,000 Km, this tell me that no strech has been developed by the chain because is free of slack, al the time has the correct tension. As I can see nobody take me seriuos, but I took good ideas from this forum and I am corresponding.

I am very very happy now No more checks again, maybe at 100,000 Km

later, maybe the saturday I will put some pictures and the pieces to adapt the DR650 tensioner, right know I am finish to check the valve clearance and change oil.

Regards.
Please do - I am running the manual CCT and will need to change the chain soon - 9000 miles.
Flashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:46 AM   #13887
Oaxacuzano
Dromo maniac

Quote:
Oaxacuzano - What symptoms were you experiencing? What were your results after after sodering the wires?
The symptom was low voltage message on cluster, really bad, no start even pushing the bike, the bike is simply dead. After solding the terminals no more low voltage message, the bike start nice and easy, well, not that easy but start

I you meassure the voltage in the terminals is around 12.5 V

Just is necessary to cut the connector by half to separate the cables that operates the starter motor realy. The red cable comes form the battery or the generator and the yellow and red cable feeds the all the systems, if some false contact occur the voltage will drop, some cases a little bit, some cases the bike will not start.

Sure Flashman 1, I will share my findings about the cam tensioner, just need some time.

Regards.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #13888
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchucker22
I just came off a maxxis desert IT, great great tire, not the best on the street but best west tire made. My problem is I can not get more than 500 miles to a tire. So I was hopeing the 908 would last for a few miles. 2800 is unbelievable
I'm really impressed with the IT, I can't believe the miles I've put on it either. I wouldn't try and sail the bike into a paved corner like I would with a 606, but it's been good to me. I just checked my notes...yup, 2800 miles. It got me from Moab to home on dirt.

I will say that the 908 rear is a decent gravel tire, I just like forward bite when I want it and it wasn't giving it to me. It would be ideal for the continental divide. The front went away quick and with some strange wear..I did run it to 4k, but it was probably done for around 2500 miles.

Hey, does anybody have the link to a plastic kit? I know you guys were talking about it back in August and can't remember who had what? I think I'm going to spruce this thing up a little bit before I sell it and fresh plastic would really help in the looks department.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #13889
Hoder
Card carrying greeny

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
I have 18,000 Km (11,250 miles) in the Husky TE610 2008 with the screw tipe cam chain tensioner of the DR650....
As I can see nobody take me seriuos, but I took good ideas from this forum and I am corresponding.

later, maybe the saturday I will put some pictures and the pieces to adapt the DR650 tensioner,
I take you seriously and would also like to see what you've done. Would you do us all a favor and start a 610 cam chain thread so we can subscribe to it and add it to the index? Maybe fritzcoinc can post his findings there also.

Dave:
The 610 really makes me want to ride like a punk everywhere I go.
bikefrk:
You now understand supermoto.
Your training is complete.
Hoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #13890
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoder
I take you seriously and would also like to see what you've done. Would you do us all a favor and start a 610 cam chain thread so we can subscribe to it and add it to the index? Maybe fritzcoinc can post his findings there also.
On that note, I still need a high mile cam chain from a 610 to compare to the low mile cam chain failure. If anyone has a cam chain that, say, has 10K miles or more and was still OK to fair when removed from engine, please send it to me, I will pay shipping.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote