User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
Bubbachicken OP
learning fast!

Oddometer: 30
Eek A close one!

I dumped my bike (Honda CB650 Custom, 1981) the other day at the end of the driveway, hit a glob of clay left by line crews on my rural road. Bike picked up the blob while wheel straight, carried it round, and as I reached the far lane (of two total) and was in center of turn and rolling on power, she spooged into a lowside fall, landing the front tire into the 2 foot deep ditch on the far side of the road. I tried to pick up the bike, but standing on the snotty slick stripe remaining, fell again, bike on top of me. Scuffed leather chaps, sore elbow, not a mark on the skin though (ATGATT!). This time I managed to lift it correctly and not slip again! Embarrassing....

Today, I had another close call. The bike has been suffering evidently with a clogged jet orifice or two. I was cruising along the freeway at 65 MPH, 5th gear and perhaps 6K or a shade more RPM, and then the bike had a minor hesitation. Before it could even register what was going on, she suddenly lept forward and the speedo pegged, still accelerating and me holding on for life. It was cold and my fingers were getting numb, so it was a little dicey for a minute. I regained composure and slowed down again, but NOW the bike is running great! I thought it had power before... 650 is PLENTY for a noob! PLENTY!
Bubbachicken is offline   Reply With Quote