User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 08:51 PM   #31
cruisaders
Cruisaders Scooter Co.

Oddometer: 23
war maching

those are Czec republic fuel cans, cool!
Attached Images

cruisaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #32
cruisaders
Cruisaders Scooter Co.

war machine

OH...last thing and I'm through.
That Lifan...
it's brand new. Zero miles.
I'm all about testing a product before I sell it.
Only way to establish brand loyalty, right?

This trip is gonna be a hoot! (if the MZ survives)

D
Old 10-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #33
EvanMac OP
EvanMac

Oddometer: 54
Laugh Dirt bikes!

Hey Doug,

Josh and I have decided that we are not helping any douche bag scooter or Beeemer riders push their heavy bikes through any mud holes... You're on your own with that shit... We'll just ride on and set up camp.... We'll be siting around the fire discussing the advantages of riding a light weight dual sport over rough muddy roads versus a scooter or six hundred pound tank.
EvanMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #34
cruisaders
Cruisaders Scooter Co.

war machine

Keep talking.
I bet you didn't ride today did you? Well I did.
Ordered a pipe this morning, hopefully it'll be here by Weds.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #35
EvanMac OP
EvanMac

Dude,

I aint even got no wheels on my bike ... I still have alot of little crap to do before I can put it back together... I'll probably be up late Wednesday night...

Here are some pics of LaFawnduh though!!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #36
EvanMac OP
EvanMac

and another...
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2006, 12:07 PM   #37
EvanMac OP
EvanMac

last one...
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 PM   #38
Srbenda
Embassy of South Carolina

Oddometer: 11,975

That scooter is FOR SURE a Battle Scooter. That little MZ looks like a capable dirt bike though.

The only thing I would worry about on the scoot is having no clutch capability. That might come in handy at times...
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Srbenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #39
Canned Soup
The Itenerate Engineer

Oddometer: 159
Question I gota ask, Why?

If I missed the mission statement somewhere, sorry, couldn't find it when I skimmed back over the thread.

Okay, the picture of the battle scooter was good but the picture of the LIfan DS brought it home, y'all bought these new for the ride didn'tcha?. Why did you choose these rides? The adventure? cause nobody else would? To test them? cause it was cheap and you didn't have another bike. It makes the ride sound more interesting, people have done sections with GS's and Motocross bikes so try to make it interesting? Whats the deal? Like some others, I'm looking forward to the write up, and to know which bike did the best, and which survived. been looking for an inexpensive something to play on, scooter and DS but have been told "stay away from those chinese bikes, boy" so I ride a suzi DR and had a honda elite 5-0. the DS bike specs, read "weight and brakes", had always looked good and the price was right but I listen to the nay sayers.

can't wait for the report

dave
Canned Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #40
Srbenda

Hi Dave,

where are you at in the Upstate? I was in Spartanburg for awhile...

...The Beacon, Mmmmm...
It seemed to me that the earth may he borrowed but not bought. It may be used but not owned. It gives itself in response to love and tending.... But we are tenants and not possessors, lovers and not masters.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #41
EvanMac OP
EvanMac

Laugh Mission statement?

Mission statement? Well, I don't know.... This thing has evolved over the past several months.... I would say the general group thinking has been highly influenced by adult ADD (attention deficit disorder), lack of money, love of camping and adventure, and a general loathing the Harley Davidson culture...

Oh and Doug is a scooter dealer with all the sweet hookups... he sells the Lifan brand as well as others...
Old 10-16-2006, 03:37 PM   #42
cruisaders
Cruisaders Scooter Co.

Mission statement

Actually, this is all Evan's lamebrained idea, I decided to go along because I don't have a whole lot of sense either. The why's of the rides are all of the above, no money (first and foremost), challenge, and for me the need to prove a product that I put my seal of approval on. The Lifan is one of 'those' bikes that people generally hate, due to it's port of origin. Well, I hate to tell everyone, but the vast majority of other products that are accepted in the riding community are made there as well. Perhaps not assembled but many, if not all of the parts are produced by some cat in China.

The motive behind the trip is that 'race on sunday, sale on monday' mentality. I figure if I can get a Lifan scooter to endure this trip, it'll bring substance to the Lifan name and I can feel a little better when I send a customer out the door with one. Originally I was going to do the trip on my Stella but have had second thoughts because of the limited availabilty. I just can't see destroying a perfectly good scooter if I can't replace it with another.

As for the Lifan dual sport, well, it was my first choice for the ride when Evan came to me but just didn't seem like much of a challenge. So that being the case, Evan bought it and we gave it to the beginner to ride, just to keep him out of trouble. The BMW is pure pitty that we allow him to come along, this guy has no friends and is having issues with his sexual identity to boot. I think that's why he had to buy such an expensive ride, to make up for his lack of masculinity. I'm still not sure what an MZ is??? It's a motorcycle, but it has this HUGE motor that looks like it would be a single cylinder 750 but it's only 125cc!!!!

I'm only poking fun at the other bikes, I love the BMW (would love to have one) and the MZ is a nice ride. The Lifans are trully a crap shoot. I have absolutely NO confidence that they will make the trip in one piece. If they do, then we'll have the proof and I'm going after Lifan for marketing reimbursement dollars. So wish us luck and we'll keep everyone posted.

Doug
Cruisaders Scooter Company
Old 10-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #43
Srbenda

MORE PICTURES!!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:55 PM   #44
Canned Soup
The Itenerate Engineer

Oddometer: 159
Thumb Thank you for the clarification

Thank you for the mission statement. That clears up the crazyness. I hope you the best and really do want to hear about the performance of the lifans. I've eye balled the lifan ds bikes with the upside down forks and front and rear disk and small engines and dreamed of a reliable bike just like that. It would be great if it was reliable, then I could put a milk carton on the back and pretend its a moped when the cops pull me over.
have fun
dave
Canned Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:32 AM   #45
Photog
Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer: 46,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisaders
Actually, this is all Evan's lamebrained idea, I decided to go along because I don't have a whole lot of sense either. The why's of the rides are all of the above, no money (first and foremost), challenge, and for me the need to prove a product that I put my seal of approval on. The Lifan is one of 'those' bikes that people generally hate, due to it's port of origin. Well, I hate to tell everyone, but the vast majority of other products that are accepted in the riding community are made there as well. Perhaps not assembled but many, if not all of the parts are produced by some cat in China.
I spent about 6 mos researching the chinese imports--not just the brands, but IP over there, manufacturing, and so on. I ended up with a Vento scoot and a ton of background information on the manufacturing process. Aside from one ugly weld, and the need to just tear into it and eyeball it and tighten up some stuff, it was a pretty tight bike and the performance was flawless. Not only that, the fit and finish on the Vento was pretty good.

I've seen hideous chinese cheapos but from my experience with the Vento brand (distributor branding of the chinese clone) I'm pretty sure there's a good chance that a US distributor can add another layer of QC and a few cosmetic changes to some of the imports and give the market a decent alternative.

Quote:
I figure if I can get a Lifan scooter to endure this trip, it'll bring substance to the Lifan name and I can feel a little better when I send a customer out the door with one.

I'll be watching this trip. If the Lifan holds up reasonably well, I'll buy a LaFawnda Edition dualsport.

Quote:
Originally I was going to do the trip on my Stella but have had second thoughts because of the limited availabilty. I just can't see destroying a perfectly good scooter if I can't replace it with another.
Heard that. Not gonna risk mine...it takes enough of a beating as a commuter. I hope to still be riding it when I'm 80.
Photog is offline   Reply With Quote