Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #481
DJGypsy
Ewok Taxidermist

Oddometer: 466
laugh all you like at the next sentence:

i have a weird ass.

i have struggled since late 2008 to find a bike with a comfy stock seat. closest i came to nirvana was the stock seat on a HD crossbones yes, i would put that seat on my bike, and i wouldn't care about how funny it may look.

seriously now, the corbin is far superior to the stock triumph seat. the corbin is far superior to the triumph gel seat. those two facts stated, the seat has more than doubled my comfortable ride time. 1 hour had me begging for death, now i'm good for an entire tank of gas, 2-3 hours with no break. refill the tank, and keep riding. i wouldn't say it's a day long seat. sure, you could go day long, but you'll be sore.

the corbin is a firm seat, with a sculpted pan. wife says the pillion seat is better than the triumph stock & the triumph gel, the 3-4 times she's ridden with me in the past 3 months. those rides with her weren't any longer than 30 or so minutes, just going out for an ice cream ride. she doesn't seem to care for long rides, but i'm no stranger to disappearing for the afternoon on the bike, or even the whole day.

i would recommend to others to try the triumph K&Q seat first. i went with the corbin because i was tired of triumph seats failing me. i didn't want to give them any more of my money when the dealer didn't give a shit that they had a customer that was having trouble with products purchased from their store. dealer ignored my warranty replacement request when the triumph gel seat started to ripple under the seat cover after 2 months. dealer also ignored me when i wanted a sissy bar replacement when the riveted-on triumph badge fell off after 2 weeks.

your mileage may vary. triumph makes a good bike, but the triumph dealer in daytona needs lessons on customer service. their service department was always good, though. i wouldn't steer anyone away from their repair guys.

good luck!

edit: if you have saddlebags with a yoke that goes under the seat, make sure that the yoke is thin! the corbin sits VERY TIGHT to the frame. corbin seat works fine with the triumph tall sissy bar.

DJGypsy screwed with this post 10-05-2012 at 07:48 AM
DJGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #482
LWRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I've heard othersimilar stories about the Daytona Trumpet dealer (and about the gel saddles, too). I bought my T100 from Hap's in Sarasota and am very happy with their service. (Checked my ECM and plugs at 6,000 miles at no charge, after I rode it down to them having done the oil change and other 6,000 mile stuff myself.)

I'll post back after the trip about the saddle, because I am probably going to have, at least, one 600+ mile day on the K&Q.

Cheers,

Mike
My Blog: http://www.roaddogpub.com/node/3
LWRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #483
pm9654
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
What pipes are on this beautiful bike? There's no "kink" in them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTed View Post
check this beauty:

y
Old 10-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #484
XS500RUS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Joining the Bonneville crowd

Hello all,

Just picked up this '01 with just 3k miles from fellow Inmate Zanotti. Stock as a rock! Planning on dumping the air injection system and rejetting ASAP, and am considering a 'bafflectomy.' I also got the factory color flyscreen and tank bag for it, I definitely want to try those out on a short tour with what we have left of the Central NY riding season.

Kept looking at it in the rear view mirror as I was driving back from picking it up in Philly, couldn't stop thinking "damn that's a beautiful bike!"
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #485
optimum_malarky
Premium nonsense

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by XS500RUS View Post
Hello all,

Just picked up this '01 with just 3k miles from fellow Inmate Zanotti. Stock as a rock! Planning on dumping the air injection system and rejetting ASAP, and am considering a 'bafflectomy.' I also got the factory color flyscreen and tank bag for it, I definitely want to try those out on a short tour with what we have left of the Central NY riding season.

Kept looking at it in the rear view mirror as I was driving back from picking it up in Philly, couldn't stop thinking "damn that's a beautiful bike!"
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great find! Congrats!

Past:
2003 Suzuki SV1000 N,
2003 R1150 GS,2004 Triumph Speed Triple (wrecked), 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2003 Suzuki SV650, 1984 R80 ST , 1973 CB750
optimum_malarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #486
Zanotti
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by XS500RUS View Post
Hello all,

I miss it already!

Glad it made it home. I am sure you'll get 10 more great years out of it!

Nice to meet you. I will work on the things discussed tomorrow.

Z
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #487
Zanotti
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 633
The Bonnie is a pretty bike from every angle!

Old 10-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #488
XS500RUS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanotti View Post
I miss it already!

Glad it made it home. I am sure you'll get 10 more great years out of it!

Nice to meet you. I will work on the things discussed tomorrow.

Z

Bike was rock solid on the trailer! I'm gonna clean off all that road grit tomorrow, and put the battery back in after charging (it didn't like all that cranking my dumb ass did when I was trying to get it started). I think this Bonnie is going to be good indoctrination for future classic Triumph ownership, I can already see myself restoring a classic Meriden twin in the future
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #489
BDKrivit
Kriv

Oddometer: 82
Dragon run

Just back from 7 days, 2,300 miles incl Skyline Dr, Blue Ridge Pkwy, Tail, Moonshiner, Cherohala, and more.

Broke 18,000 miles on the last couple miles of Skyline coming home. Highly recommend the K&Q seat- very comfortable w/ the Ohlins on the long hauls. Did 200-350 miles per, 8-10 hours per.
2013 Nutmeg 400
2014 Nutmeg 400

BDKrivit screwed with this post 10-08-2012 at 04:46 AM
BDKrivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #490
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 615
Can anyone tell me what year the T100 came in orange and white? I owned a new 1966 T120 which was the same color. Another question, did the newer T100's ever have stainless fenders like the old Bonny's? Thanks,
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #491
BigArn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm9654 View Post
What pipes are on this beautiful bike? There's no "kink" in them!
They are either Norman Hyde TOGAS, or British Customs Street Sleepers.
BigArn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #492
DJGypsy
Ewok Taxidermist

Oddometer: 466
shape is wrong for BC sleepers...

DJGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #493
LWRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
I've mentioned before that I have a T100 with Arrow two-into-one exhaust, which makes fitting accessories a challenge. I tired Renntec engine bars, but found they would not fit (beautiful bars, though, if you have two-into-twos). But when it came to fitting a center stand I had more success. I bought a center stand from TEC Bike Parts and installed it on my Bonnie. There were some glitches, but I got it on and working now. I just posted an installation article/review on my blog in case anyone is interested. Instead of clicking the address below my sig, just go to http://www.roaddogpub.com and look at the bottom of the home page.

Bottom line: it does work on two-into-one (or Scrambler) bikes. It is built well, but has a weak spring. It looks good, makes chain maintenance much easier, and in my install, anyway (I shortened the bumper bracket.) the peg feeler will touch down before the tip of the stand. Make sure you order the right one so you get the bumper bracket that attaches to the passenger peg. (Don't make my mistake.) Slight modification of the bracket and the kickstand foot may be in order.

Cheers,

Mike
My Blog: http://www.roaddogpub.com/node/3
LWRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #494
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKrivit View Post
Just back from 7 days, 2,300 miles incl Skyline Dr, Blue Ridge Pkwy, Tail, Moonshiner, Cherohala, and more.

Broke 18,000 miles on the last couple miles of Skyline coming home. Highly recommend the K&Q seat- very comfortable w/ the Ohlins on the long hauls. Did 200-350 miles per, 8-10 hours per.
I'm not familiar with thr K&C seat, tell me more please.

Regards, Paul
Old 10-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #495
CCBonnie
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
Can anyone tell me what year the T100 came in orange and white? I owned a new 1966 T120 which was the same color. Another question, did the newer T100's ever have stainless fenders like the old Bonny's? Thanks,
I think they came out with that color in 2006,as far as I know they never came with stainless fenders they all came painted.
CCBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote